Tyco Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar, 2015

2.7

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco (Concord, ON).

Interview

first hr called, asked about my past work experience and setup interview.
    had an interview with HR asking general personality, work ethic questions. took about 15mins
    then was interviewed by team leads for the technical interview process took about 30mins

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lang, SK

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tyco (Lang, SK) in March 2010.

Interview

Asked about my self and what my qualifications were. He did let on that he was interested in highering me. I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks... 3 hrs later I received a call that was unclear as to weather they were offering me the job or not. Wanted me to come in for 2 day training and if I decided I would like the type of work based on the training I could start immidately. Seems that they offer good bennifits, decent starting salary and a lot of other perks such as phone, company vechile and laptop. Still am unclear as to exactly the job will entail.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available to do eveinging classes to get proper certification   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Given the fact that I do not have any direct industry experiance I feel the wage offer was reasonable. I do hope and expect to see an increase in the near future

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very professional and friendly and informational allowed me to listen to a few calls to see if it was something I was interested in doing. I was offered the position and accepted the offier

Interview Questions

• what is your longtime goal   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met the hiring manager at a Starbucks near the Irvine headquarters. He asked behavior questions, and a lot of questions involving my past experience in sales. He was very professional, and I dressed to impress. He explained the companies expectations and what the company expects in a sales role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to close him in the end of the interview.   1 Answer

Billing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tyco in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. The staffing agency has been horrendous throughout this entire process, kudos to Tyco for sticking with me. The interviewer didn't really ask a question, she just explained the position for an hour. The position is very overwhelming, but the interviewer explained it very well. She only asked very generic predictable questions, and even when I tried to answer she steamrolled me and went back into describing the position's duties.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Financial Planning Analysis Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Tyco in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two managers. It was very formal. I was asked questions from each manager. They asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous roles. How I stepped up as a leader. A time I failed. What I accomplished and how accomplished tasks at my previous experience. I was asked general behavior questions. Know your resume really well.   Answer Question

Talent Management Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions

• If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 rounds