Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr, 2015
Updated 11 Apr, 2015

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Went to a career fair and they got my resume and asked me to call for the interview. Asked me how i would build a model. went through by resume with me and asked questions.

Financial Consultant - Bonds and Financial Product Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a HR recruiter, then was ask for an on site interviewed. It took 2 hours with 2 VPs and one consultant.

A waste of my time it was, as I didn't get an email or a call back about at all. I reached out to HR and the hiring VP and got nothing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance product?

Do you know what accrual is?

What is something new you have done recently?

Is there any conflict in your current dept?

Explain a day in your current position?

And a bunch more

Hope this can be helpful for anyone looking.

Good luck!

Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Buffalo, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very long process. First if your application online is approved, you will have a 20-30 minute phone interview, very basic and simple. If approved, 2 weeks later you come in for a 6 part, 3 1/2 hr general knowledge test involving simple typing, math, and English comprehension excercises. You must pass all parts of the test, and if you do, 2 weeks later you will have an interview lasting 45 minutes to an hour, this is the final step of the process

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had conflict at your previous employment position and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you went above and beyond at your precious employer   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Process was not too formal. Initial phone interview and in person with two people. There was a background check and drug test. There were no trick questions and no skills test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Typical questions on my work history.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online site & had a phone interview with a lady in HR a couple of weeks later. She said she was impressed, liked me and my background, and would refer me to the next level, an interview with the local office. I called her two weeks later but I never heard back again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked pretty specific questions about my responsibilities in my prior position.   Answer Question

Catastrophe Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies (North Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I only had a phone interview and it lasted approximately 20 minutes. She asked me to describe some of my previous experience and how it relates to this position. I was also asked if I was willing to travel and that during a disaster would I be prepared to be ready to leave within 24 hours. One question was why I am interested in this position and why I specifically chose Travelers.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience or training in construction?   1 Answer

Underwriting Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter on campus where we did an interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. She was very nice and the interview went well. I was asked back for a second interview at their office, which ended up not being the best experience. I was instructed to call the interviewer upon my arrival, however had his phone turned off and went straight to a voicemail saying he was out of town on Thursday (I was there on a Friday). I spent about 30 minutes finding his office, as they were going through reconstruction of the building so everyone changed offices. When I arrived he said he forgot that he had an interview today and didn't really apologize. The feeling I got from the company was very unprofessional and lazy. I didn't end up getting an offer, but from the experience I had with my potential boss it seemed to be a blessing in disguise.

ITLDP Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Interview

Had a 1st round interview which was mainly behavioral questions. After passing 1st round interview, was told to prepare a 10 minute presentation to present at the 2nd round interview about tech in the business world. 2nd round interview at their Hartford location included 5 interviews(1 was technical). The interviews were again largely behavioral questions, a lot of "tell me about a time..." style questions. Would recommend having at least ten STAR stories prepared. Technical interview was largely about how you would approach client issues in app development, and other case study questions. Everyone was very friendly and location was gorgeous. Get there early however, easy to miss the parking entrance for interviewees.

Interview Questions

• There is a 50 cup bucket of water. You have a 3 cup bucket and a 5 cup bucket. How do you go about measuring 4 cups?   2 Answers
    • How would you go about designing an application for a bakery that sells cakes? What features would you include and why?   Answer Question

Wanted to do strictly engineering, rather than IT work. Pay could have been better.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Wyomissing, PA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Long, tedious unnecessary interview process. Applied December 12 and received a call about a week and a half later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of going over general duties of the job and then asking basic questions.

Passed that and had to come in to take a 3.5 hr assessment in their office, which consisted of data entry (how accurate you type information into the computer), listening to customers on the phone and reciting what information was exchanged, easy sections for math, reading, literacy, and reading a map. Test itself was easy, however, you were given very little time. None of us managed to finish the auto property/comprehension section on time.

Anyway, passed that and received a call within the same day to schedule an in person interview next week. Sat down and interviewed with two department managers and first thing we did was go through my resume. Asked me what I liked and disliked about each job I had. I was then basically asked a question or two from each page from a packet. Interviewer said she wanted me to recite specific experiences for each question. It was very repetitive. Total of maybe 20-25 questions. Lasted about 40 mins. Received a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job.