Travelers Companies

351 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Liability Adjuster Interview

General Liability Adjuster

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interviewed and took assessment test. Interview was lengthy, went well. Lots of questions regarding experience and they explained the job qualifications in detail. Assessment test was not very hard they just did not allow enough time to complete all questions in a few of the assessments.

Interview Question – Math comprehension and computation did not allow enough time.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program + Actuarial and Analytical Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial contact with recruiters was through a university career fair. On-site interviews were conducted the next day with two recruiters, and around 12 people out of maybe 80-100 who screened at the career fair were selected for the morning-after on site interviews. After that, perhaps 3-4 of the initial 12 were invited to Hartford for final round interviews. Mostly behavioral questions, but included a couple of interesting situational questions as well. A great experience for my first ever interview!

Interview Question – How would you go about pricing a product?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Inland Marine Account Manager Interview

Inland Marine Account Manager
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position at the Irvine, California office at the end of March of 2014. I was called for a phone interview by the Hiring Manager a few weeks later. I did an in person interview with the Colorado based Hiring Manager on 4/18/14. I waited close to a week and then I followed up with HR as the Manager did not call me back the following Tuesday as originally discussed during our interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Insurance Service Representative
Houston, TX (US)

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

Interview Question – All pretty standard   Answer Question

FMLDP - Internship Interview

FMLDP - Internship

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details First round on campus interview followed by a four round interview at the company in downtown St. Paul. Two with participants of the program, one with a VP of Finance and the final one was via video conference with the director if the internship program from Harford, Connecticut.

Interview Question – They asked some specific accounting and finance questions that were a little tricky, but nothing too hard.   Answer Question

IT Risk Manager Interview

IT Risk Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details I was called by the HR Recruiter, had an initial 30 minute screen. Recruiter was heavily focused on my salary requirements which I consistently reassured I was negotiable. I then had a 30 min conversation with hiring manager, who was very open and informative. Sounded like he was trying to hire and groom a person so he could retire soon. I then went for in person interviews. All went well - very skill focused rather than behavioral, except when interviewed by HR representative. She was very open and communicated the company had a lot of professional development opportunities. The VP interview was different. I felt like this person was threatened by my experience. Tried to give me a pressure interview which I answered calmly and thoroughly. All and all, the interviews were fine except for the last one where I don't believe I would have done well working for the VP which I think would've happened if the hiring manager retired. The company is old school - old technology which was unsettling. Looks like people have been there for 20+yrs on average. Could be good, could be bad. In the end, the HR rep called and told me it was between me and another candidate and they decided not to choose either but to re-post the position...makes you wonder how decisions are made within the company.

Interview Question – All skills based related to my previous experience. 'Tell me about yourself" is always the opening question...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Maryland Heights, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for this position on 02/23/14. I received an email from the recruiter on 03/21/14 to set-up a phone interview. I had the first phone interview on 03/25/14 with the recruiter. On 04/16/14, I had the 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited for an on-site interview on 04/28/14 with the hiring manager. The interview took an hour and most of the questions were behavioral. On 04/29/14, I received an email from the recruiter requesting another on-site interview with the regional leader. I had the last interview on 04/30/14, to discuss the account manager position in depth and a few behavioral questions. I received a phone call from the recruiter on 05/05/14 with a contingent offer pending background and drug test. The background and drug test came back on 05/12/14 and I am clear to start in two weeks

Interview Question – The interview process was easy and everyone was EXTREMELY nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was way more than I thought and I was excited to accept it

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

Interview Details The hiring prices went fairly smoothly. From the time I applied, to the time I was offered the position, was probably about 3 weeks. There was a phone interview, 2 assessment tests, then the interview with the hiring team. The interview questions were fairly easy. I was offered the position about 4 days after my interview.

Interview Question – None comes to mind. Standard questions.   View Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2013.

Interview Details After the job posted I sent in my resume and received a 5 person interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was tell me how you negotiate with a difficult supplier.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details Resume, Cover letter, pretty standard hiring process. Very helpful website. Interview was set up after a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral--pretty straight forward. Everyone was very nice   Answer Question