Travelers Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Richardson, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Question – All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Account Manager - Select Plus Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2010.

Interview Details Two interview sessions: The first was with the hiring/underwriting manager. The second meeting included senior management and marketing staff.

Interview Question – I don't recall many specific questions that might concern my technical expertise. Most of the conversation was aimed at discussing the high volume of workflow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unemployed at the time, and accepted the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Douar Oulad Khalifa, Marrakech-Tensift-Al Haouz (Morocco)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details Moroccan Desert Trips Day tours produced a range of quality tours to enable you to select the type of tour youd like. However all of our tours are about you our client so if you have a specific requirement maybe youd prefer to arrive or leave at a different city to the one weve suggested or youd like to visit a particular place of interest, then let us know and we will arrange it for you

Interview Question – Moroccan Desert Trips Day tours produced a range of quality tours to enable you to select the type of tour youd like. However all of our tours are about you our client so if you have a specific requirement maybe youd prefer to arrive or leave at a different city to the one weve suggested or youd like to visit a particular place of interest, then let us know and we will arrange it for you   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details Applied online and heard from a recruiter at a career fair

Interview Question – HR technical questions   Answer Question

Property Adjuster Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details 1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

PPD Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details I was initially contacted through an e-mail and I gave the person who contacted me a few different times that I was available for a 30 minute phone interview. He asked me standard behavioral questions, like give me an example of a time you worked with a group, worked under high pressure, etc.

Interview Question – Asked me a scenario question about a new market for a new insurance product.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Analyst Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details testing then face to face

Interview Question – asked about employment history and customer service experience   View Answer

Auto Appraiser Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2012.

Interview Details first was a phone interview by your potential manger.
then it was a 3-4 person manager panel interview.
then it was a 2 persons HR management panel interview.
then they called to offer a position contingent on a drug test which u had to take within 48 hrs

Interview Question – they had several technical questions regarding estimatics   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable on salary.

Audit Reviewer Interview

Naperville, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2010.

Interview Details I met with the unit manager and department lead. Both were very nice and professional.

Interview Question – Tell me what interests you about the job.   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Professional Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied from a job board and with in 2 days a representative from Travelers called me and asked if I could set up a time for a 30 minuet phone interview. The interview was set up for 2 days later. The representative asked question that pertained to my resume and asked about past job performances and basic screening questions. The representative then asked me what I thought the job was about, I told him that I would be the person in charge of responding to a claim when an insured had a loss. My job is to look at the policy and pay covered losses per the policy. He said that was a good description. He then informed me for my area the position paid between $60,000 and $70,000 per year. He told me that in the next 2 days some one would call me to set up a time for me to take an aptitude test. With in 2 hours I received a call and a time for the test was set up. I took the aptitude test, it took 3 hours and was in 7 parts. First part was a comprehensive test similar to the SAT test I took for college but pertaining to the insurance industry. Part 2 was a mathematical test, figuring out square footage of circles, rectangles, box, Cylinder etc. The formulas were provided. More of the math was finding the repair cost per foot of a given situation, pretty basic stuff. Part 3 was the basic personality test of a statement was made and your response was either strongly agree, agree, neither agree or disagree, disagree or strongly disagree. The 4th part was looking at a set of control data and comparing it to 4 other sets of data and deciding which set was not the same as the control data. some times the name was misspelled, the address was different, the policy number was different etc... The 5th test was writing a response to an upset customer who had purchased an appliance protection plan and his claim was denied due to his appliance was 16 years old and quit working due to normal wear and tear. The 6th test was as series of words put together and you have to decide if it is a sentence or not, 4 different spellings of a word and you choose which one was spelled correct. The 7th part was a picture of an intersection with dots on the page with a,b,c,d,e next to them. You were to find the dot that was being described by direction: find the dot that is 10' from the north side of "State street" and 35'from the west side of "H", THE CONFUSING THING IS THAT THE DIRECTION KEY (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST) WAS SCRAMBLED ON SEVERAL MAPS. The other part of test 7 was looking at a map and you were given 4 directions from point "A" to point "B" and you had to choose the shortest route.

I was contacted with in 5 hours of finishing the test with the results that I passed and a time was set for an interview. I have not gone on that interview yet.

Interview Question – The time of the test segments, I did not finish 3 of the 7 tests.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies