Trader Joe's Crew Interview Questions

Updated 22 Nov, 2014
Updated 22 Nov, 2014

2.7

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Trader Joe's (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

There are an average of 3 rounds for interviews. You must meet 2-3 mates (managers) and the captain (general manager) for your interview process to be complete. They look for people who are customers of the store and know the products. Personal chemistry with the all crew members is important. Trader Joe's only accepts applications in person. They like to see you and your personality to find out how it will work with the store.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Trader Joe's

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Trader Joe's (Staten Island, NY (US)).

Interview

Very informal. Just walked in and handed resume to manager, Renee (?)

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trader Joe's in August 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview!
    Dropped off my application with a resume and cover letter, the next day I received a phone call asking for an interview. They told me that the reason they called me in was because I wrote a cover letter, which was nice. The girl who interviewed me was very pleasant and asked me why I chose Trader Joe's and we talked about customer service and the like.
    It seemed to go well, and I was called a few days later with an offer.

Crew Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trader Joe's (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Submit an application to a store. Indicate as much availability as you can (Willingness to work whenever they need you. Most often nights and weekends)

You'll likely have 3-4 interviews on different days with different people from the store. Mates and ultimately the Captain. These lasted 30-50 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad decision you've made in the past.   1 Answer
    • If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?   24 Answers

Negotiation

Starting out with no experience you're not in a position to bargain. If you have grocery or retail experience
    you might be able to ask for a little more.