Toys ''R'' Us

432 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details I applied online . They called me back about 2 weeks later. The questions were in general simple and the interview lasted 15mins. The manager was really gentle and friendly and i was interviewed alone. The manager had other people to interview so he was trying to make it fast.

Interview Question – Tell me one bad thing about you.   View Answer

Sales Associate
Winnipeg, MB

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2013.

Interview Details So I applied online for this position, and got a call back a day after for an interview. My interview was not group, it was 1 on 1 with the manager. The interview did seem a bit rushed, it took about 10 minutes, because he had other people waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Question – When was there a time you had a difficult customer at a previous job, or group for a project at school and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in May 2013.

Interview Details I was interviewed by the head of Toys R Us Quebec, so I knew right off the bat that it was going to be tough. I could tell that he grew disinterested in me, and we'd only been speaking for roughly 90 seconds. He continued to converse with me, but he was just killing time and waiting for me to stop talking. It was rather nerve wracking and frustrating. He ended the interview saying that if he needs me, he will call me. Which basically meant that I had failed the interview (They were hiring on the spot).

Interview Question – I understand why you want to work for us, but tell me WHY should I hire YOU?   View Answer

Winnipeg, MB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2011.

Interview Details First off I handed in my resume in person, and it was lucky because i got to talk to the manager and hand my resume in to her to look over. then she said it was good I handed it in because they needed lots of seasonal staff. A week later they gave me a call and left a message saying they would love for me to come in for an interview. on the day of the interview i came in ten minutes early and since we have a toys r us in the mall we didnt head to a back room or anything, she just lead me outside the store and sat on a near by bench with me and had my resume and a sheet of standard interview questions to ask, she then told me a little bit about the position and what I would be doing if i got hired, surely enough it was over in ten minutes, they said they would call me at the end of the week to let me know if I got it.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate
Etobicoke, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2010.

Interview Details The interview was very detailed and precise, I actually didn't think it would take that long. It was actually a job fair that they had at the location, but each interview was about 15 minutes long. I think that was because they were hiring some people on the spot. After waiting in line, I eventually got up to the manager and he asked me why I wanted to work there, whether I'd have a problem selling etc. I thought it went pretty good, now I'm waiting for a call back.

Interview Question – What skills/assets could you bring to the job?   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details I applied online and received an email stating I was not needed later that week. Received a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview the next week. The interview process was not difficult; I arrived on time and we waited about 10 minutes for others to arrive. We went to the back for the interview to be conducted after being told to pick a toy from the sales floor.

Interview Question – Building a toy with interview group and attempting to sell it   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Make sure you are outgoing and have all your questions and answers figured out ahead of time. Have examples of past experiences with customers at any previous jobs and most of all have fun!

Interview Question – If you had an under-performing team member, how would you assess the situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2012.

Interview Details There was a very simple interview regarding skills and what you can bring to the company. Also if you notice any toys in the interview room be prepared to try and "sell" it to the manager but don't be to caught up in the process of actually trying to sell t because its a test not really for your selling ability but the way you convey yourself to other people because most likely there will be many other people interviewing along with yourself within that session.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult as for unexpected is who is your favorite childhood superhero.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None other than working hours.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details hiring process is group interviews. love the process

Interview Question – only talked about experience and behavioral questions. conflict management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Bloomington, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Large Group interview. Played "games" to get to know your sales and team work, followed by interviewing each other and presenting each other. Followed by a small break while they discuss us in the next room. They than came out and dismissed several people, and than did "one on one" interviews with those of us left. Had a friend interviewed at the same time. They offered me a position on the spot, and my friend got told she would be contacted with more information. She got a form rejection letter the next day.

Interview Question – What is your favorite toy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay or anything, just asked for a sheet with a more detailed availablity

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toys ''R'' Us

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toys ''R'' Us interview questions and advice. All 432 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Toys ''R'' Us employees and interview candidates.