Towers Watson

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Applied through on campus recruiting. Scheduled interview on campus. 2 interviewers, mostly basic behavioral questions. Why do you want to be an actuary? Describe what an actuary does in your own words. Why consulting vs. insurance? Progress with actuarial exams and future plans for actuarial exams. What was a time you had to compromise, etc.

Interview Question – What was a time you had to actively listen?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details Full day (6 Interviews) interviewing process with computer assessment. All staff was incredibly friendly

Interview Question – What would I contribute that no other candidate had to offer.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Thorough selection process - kind interviewers.

Telephone interview was as predicted but questions overlapped with the application contents.

The call back after the telephone interview was disappointing. It was arranged by someone in a different branch. The interview information given on the phone was vague but detailed information was promised in the confirmation email - which arrived 2-3 days later after I called the office about it a day before the interview.

The face to face interview was relatively informal. Comforting atmosphere but the questions seemed to be improvised (something I didn't expect).

Interview Question – What was the most challenging part about settling in at school?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details Phone Interview
A few motivational questions
- Why Towers Watson, plans for future, why consultancy etc.
A few competency questions
- Teamworking, improving a process, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied via university career website, then received an interview on campus. The interview process was smooth, and I had a great time talking to an ex-intern-now-full-time employee. However, here would be some more room for improvements. Besides on having a conversation going, there would be better to drive each session by specific topics. I like the working environment at Towers Watson, so I wished the interviewer would bring that atmosphere, or more likely the spirit, into the conversation. I believed that an interview should be each party mutually presenting their interests and working on the subject with efforts of both.

Interview Question – How would you deal with your free time?   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details The recruitment officer was very friendly. Telephone interview was mainly about why you applied for the role and why TW

Interview Question – No difficult questions for telephone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Preparing for final interview...

Interviews for Top Jobs at Towers Watson

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!

Towers Watson – Why Work for Us?

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management. With 14,000 associates around the world, we offer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Towers Watson Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Towers Watson employees and interview candidates.