Towers Watson

Updated 12 Nov, 2014

2.6

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Two rounds of basic behavioral questions based on your resume and classic interview questions like why did you apply for ABC. Nothing tricky.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Went directly to final round on site interview because I interned with TW previously. The recruiter worked very hard with me to set up arrangements. Interview was very laid-back. Most questions were behavioral with one technical question where I was asked to use Excel to analyze data. In total, I interviewed with 7 people of various positions and levels. Heard back within three business days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a position where you needed to assemble a team for a project, how would you go about selecting your team members?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Had on campus interview, submit the resume and had a pre interview dinner with the recruiters, the recruiters are exactly the people come for info session. The recruit for intern and full time are in a mixture, just show your interest to the company.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2014.

Submitted online application through college/university. The process took a couple days. First round was an on-campus interview with a senior associate who graduated from my university. Mainly behavioral and situational questions such as Why Actuarial? Why Towers Watson? Why don't you do actuarial degree? (I'm currently a Master's student in another quantitative discipline) How many exams have you passed? How did you prepare for them? ...... The interviewer said she would get back with me in two weeks to let me know the result.

Interview Questions
    • She didn't ask me any hard questions. Just some common questions as I listed above.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There were only 2 rounds in the interview process. One with director of Towers Perrin and the other one with the director of Watson Wyatt. There wasn't any technical questions, just behavioral questions like what are your biggest weaknesses and your biggest strenghts?

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2014.

First round interview through my university, two interviewers basically ran through my resume and asked to expand upon things (i.e. So you've passed exams P and FM? How did you prepare for those?)

Interview Questions
    • They asked my ACT and Math ACT scores. Seemed unnecessary.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

I applied both online (through the Towers website and my school's website) and on campus (at a career fair) and was called in for an on campus interview. I was picked for my sales experience within my own businesses. The interviewer was inexperienced and unprepared, so the interview was a bit of a mess: it lacked guidance. There were excessive questions about my resume since he didn't look at it beforehand. I tried to guide the interview, but then the questions he was supposed to ask me were asking me to reiterate what I'd already stated. Now that I think about it, I don't think they actually hired anyone out of the process either. I think they just hired an extra intern instead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a client had a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson in September 2014.

Applied online for a few positions. Was contacted by a recruiter after a month to set up a phone interview. All communication was very clear and I was never left wondering what happens next. The recruiter seemed like she truly loved her job and the company (very rarely seen) and she was enthusiastic to talk. Was told immediately after the phone interview that I would be called in to meet with the company directly in a couple of weeks.

Had 4, half hour interviews with long time employees followed by a lunch with two relatively recent hires. They look to see if you are a good cultural fit which means you are basically a down to earth person that is easy to talk and can hold a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really try to stump you. Some are pretty generic questions like why TW or why should we hire you. Go through your resume, and most importantly, why do you think you would make a good consultant.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Actuaries calculate your salary, what more could you ask for.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Phone interview with normal HR question. Not very hard but I am not sure where I made mistake so I am not able to get into the next step. HR was pretty nice.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Questions
    • When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question