Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.6

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Two rounds of basic behavioral questions based on your resume and classic interview questions like why did you apply for ABC. Nothing tricky.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There were only 2 rounds in the interview process. One with director of Towers Perrin and the other one with the director of Watson Wyatt. There wasn't any technical questions, just behavioral questions like what are your biggest weaknesses and your biggest strenghts?

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2014.

First round interview through my university, two interviewers basically ran through my resume and asked to expand upon things (i.e. So you've passed exams P and FM? How did you prepare for those?)

Interview Questions
    • They asked my ACT and Math ACT scores. Seemed unnecessary.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

I applied both online (through the Towers website and my school's website) and on campus (at a career fair) and was called in for an on campus interview. I was picked for my sales experience within my own businesses. The interviewer was inexperienced and unprepared, so the interview was a bit of a mess: it lacked guidance. There were excessive questions about my resume since he didn't look at it beforehand. I tried to guide the interview, but then the questions he was supposed to ask me were asking me to reiterate what I'd already stated. Now that I think about it, I don't think they actually hired anyone out of the process either. I think they just hired an extra intern instead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a client had a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson in September 2014.

Applied online for a few positions. Was contacted by a recruiter after a month to set up a phone interview. All communication was very clear and I was never left wondering what happens next. The recruiter seemed like she truly loved her job and the company (very rarely seen) and she was enthusiastic to talk. Was told immediately after the phone interview that I would be called in to meet with the company directly in a couple of weeks.

Had 4, half hour interviews with long time employees followed by a lunch with two relatively recent hires. They look to see if you are a good cultural fit which means you are basically a down to earth person that is easy to talk and can hold a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They don't really try to stump you. Some are pretty generic questions like why TW or why should we hire you. Go through your resume, and most importantly, why do you think you would make a good consultant.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Actuaries calculate your salary, what more could you ask for.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Phone interview with normal HR question. Not very hard but I am not sure where I made mistake so I am not able to get into the next step. HR was pretty nice.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Questions
    • When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

On campus interview. The interview process is positive. The questions are behavioral. You just need to be familiar with your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learn from your internship?
      Do you know something about retirement issues (how is it consistent with company's trend )?
        Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson in December 2013.

I had an on campus interview and was invited to an on-site in the following month. The whole interview process was very relaxing. All the recruiters seemed very chilled and friendly. The on-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours with 4 different people. Two younger employers took us out for lunch which was really nice. We spent most of our time getting to know each other rather than assessing my abilities. I really liked the climate there and I think they liked my personality as well. I was given an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral. They asked about my computer skills a lot but did not have any technical questions.   Answer Question
    First job..didn't negotiate

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Two rounds. First round consisted of 4 interviews of 30 minutes each followed by a lunch interview. 1 technical interview, the rest was behavior and personality-based. Two weeks later I was called back for a second round of interviews, one with a senior actuary and one with a senior consultant.

The interviews were alright. You had to be very quick on your feet and have a wealth of experiences to draw from (leadership, education, community work) and know the company very well. I prepped before hand for about a week, so I didn't have an issue, but I can see where interviewers may have a rough time. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to get to know you more than anything else.

Still, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and encouraging and that's ultimately what made the decision to accept the offer easy for me. Other things to note were that even though the interview process was long and I wasn't given answers when I said I would be (the company is extremely busy), I was kept in the loop every step of the way, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really difficult. "What do you know about us?" (Beyond merely reading the website!!), describe excel experiences, what is going on in the health sector on the advent of health care reform. They also ask personal questions about your resume, so make sure it is free of any error.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the package was very nice.