Timken

2.9

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Timken in May 2013.

HR emailed me requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approx 20 mins and it all went good and i was really positive but i didn't qualify for the next round. The interviewer was really nice and friendly. I think the competition was too high that's why i didn't get the offer

Interview Questions
    • what qualities do you have to succeed in this position?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken.

3 rounds.starting from a very simple written aptitude test,next was hr round where basic questions like why do you want to work in this company etc were asked.last round was another hr round which was more about salary and all. the overall experience was positive .the biggest thing i learned from this experience was to show the interviewer that you really like the job profile not just the money offered.

Interview Questions
    • simple questions based upon networking,os,internet etc.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Loved Timken! Felt like they took the time to actually get to know me and I was given plenty of opportunities to get to know the company. Amazing college recruitment program, felt at home. 3 interviews, 1 panel interview, dinner/lunch.

Interview Questions

Decided sales engineering wasn't for me

Quality Interview

I hired right out of college. Be prepared to research the company and what tapered roller bearings are all about. Went to their Gaffney, SC plant and met with the management team. They prefer individual interviews one at a time vs panel approach.

Operations Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Timken.

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Steel Business Associate - Manufacturing Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in October 2014.

The interviewing process takes place over two days. The first day they will give a tour of the Canton, OH area and then provide dinner at a restaurant with managers and team leaders to ask some questions before the interviews. The second day is when the interviews take place. Interviews consist of 2 one-on-one interviews and a 3 person panel interview. They also provide a tour of their Faircrest steel plant

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to meet a deadline but something came up that may have forced you to miss that deadline   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions
    • there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken in September 2014.

I came into contact with Timken via a university recruiting event. They seemed very friendly and it seemed to me that they loved both the company TimKen and the area of North Canton, OH.
    The interview consisted of some behavioral questions about how you manage tasks and how you work in a team.
    The part i liked best was when they asked me to describe my dream job. They said to describe what it looked like what the people might be like and so forth. It was a good interview because they had me talking and my hopes in a career instead of the interviewer talking the whole time. They also said that Timken is an honest and well respected company and that they understand work life balance for their employees.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I went about my work when I had several tasks to complete. I know this is a common interview question but it is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful answer to it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Timken.

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it