Timken

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Timken in May 2013.

Interview Details HR emailed me requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approx 20 mins and it all went good and i was really positive but i didn't qualify for the next round. The interviewer was really nice and friendly. I think the competition was too high that's why i didn't get the offer

Interview Question – what qualities do you have to succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details first a phone interview
second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Leader Interview

Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken in June 2011.

Interview Details It takes a while after the initial interview, just like any other company, before they call you. Then, everything goes easy but they will check everything on you including your references, your background and your medical history plus the drug screen process. The whole thing will take about one week, and you'll need to keep communicating with them during the whole process, just in case they can't contact your ex-employers, or your references. They will find out if you lied in the application, but if everything checks out okay, you've got the job. Good Company.

Interview Question – Regarding the particular job: Explain to me how you would accomplish this specific task and how long it would take me to finish?   View Answer

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Senior IT Security Engineer
Canton, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Timken in June 2012.

Interview Details There was a short phone interview

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate
Canton, OH (US)

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Machinist
Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
University Park, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in February 2014.

Interview Details Came to my school career fair, was offered an interview the next day and told I would receive an answer in a few weeks

Interview Question – They were all straight-foward, very standard questions. Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Global Engineering Systems Intern Interview

Global Engineering Systems Intern
North Canton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Timken in April 2012.

Interview Details Intern recruiter called me middle of the week to ask a couple screening questions (availability, checking information on resume etc.) The recruiter set up an phone interview for that Friday. Half hour interview on the phone with the hiring manager about my experience and asking me if I was interested in what he had in mind for the summer. Got a call back Monday from the recruiter to offer me a job. Since I was out of town they also offered a relocation bonus to live at the local university.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very negotiable, they are VERY competitive plus offer the relocation bonus to cover living or to cover transportation for people outside of a 30 mile radius. There are also great intern activities and free lunches and you get a raise if you return the following year

Manager Business Economics & Supply Chain Interview

Manager Business Economics & Supply Chain
Altavista, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details All applications handled through the Virginia Employment Commission. Testing was difficult but realistic. Interview was with a team of associates and managers and was quite extensive.

Interview Question – Asked about conflict resolution between two associates. How would I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!