Tim Hortons

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Front/Baker Interview

Pickering, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2014.

Interview Details I've applied to Tim Hortons many times through the website and heard nothing, but this time I sent my resume through an ad on Kijiji and got a call the next day for an interview. Didn't have to fill out any applications. Interview was done with the assistant manager in the restaurant at one of the tables, though they were actually hiring for a different location than the one I went to for the interview. There were two positions open for a morning baker or an overnight storefront shift so he talked a bit about the responsibilities of each and which would be more suitable for me. My lack of experience didn't seem to be much of a concern, they just want to know you can work hard and keep up, but said there's no pressure to know everything right away. Sounded good to me. He had a sheet of questions that he asked me and jotted down my answers. Pretty straight forward questions mostly related to customer service - like what would you do to go above and beyond for the customer and how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. This was my first interview ever so of course I was nervous but I was polite and attentive and thought I answered the questions well. Was asked for my references and was told I would hear from them soon, never got a call though so maybe I just didn't stand out enough or have the experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – What does hospitality mean to you?   View Answer

Storefront Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2010.

Interview Details I was referred to this position by an employee of Tim Horton's, and submitted a cover letter and resume as well as filling out an application. I received a phone call for an interview and set up an appointment for an interview. The interview consisted of questions along the lines of "what hours can you work?" and "when can you start?" At this point I decided that I had received the job.

Interview Question – Do you do drink or use drugs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job application asks about salary expectations. I wrote minimum wage. There was no discussion of salary during or after the interview.

Storefront Cashier Interview

Storefront Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details I got a call from the manager to come into the store for an interview. I had a straightforward interview that lasted about 30 mins. Nothing was too unexpected, they just need someone who is willing to work hard.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Baker
Saint-Amable, QC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2013.

Interview Details In my case, it was very easy because a new store just opened. I was dressed normally, not having anything special, and I have been honest and always smiling.

Interview Question – Why Tim Hortons ?
Can you handle well stress ?
  Answer Question

Counter Clerk Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details Very easy after the phone call hired within 3 days

Interview Question – How would you state your previous job affected you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Baker Interview

Kitchener, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2011.

Interview Details The interview is just to see if you are a normal person. Asked basic math and what kind of person I am

Interview Question – Where I see myself in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier
Oakville, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details Went in to the location manager gave me the interview answer sheet told me to fill in my answers which i thought was strange instead of asking me for it. I filled everything in after that she asked me what experience I had told her I was experienced having previously worked in fast food and retail so she said that good she didn't really have to tell me much because she believed i was capable asked me what size i wore took measurements said the district manager would call me if i got the job i stuck around a little late eating breakfast when the district manager came out and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Everything was straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier
Kamloops, BC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied on-line. Got call from HR Manager the other day. Interview was very easy, just basic questions (your weaknesses and strengths, why you want to work here, why should we hire you, etc.) Felt like I was dressed-up too officially.However, I think, it's better than to come in sneakers)). Not so easy to tell about Tim Hortons in general as most of them function on franchises, so everything depends on ownership.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or super difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Latter I asked my manager to get more hours and I got 40 hrs/per week(initially applied for part-time)

Baker Interview

Baker
Niagara Falls, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2013.

Interview Details Went to an inerview in person, they really needed someone as soon as possible. Exuded confidence, answered questions the way they should have been answered. Charmed people and got the job.

Interview Question – Wont be any at Tims. All basic questions that shouldnt stump you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was no negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Interview Details the process was friendly,to the point and quite professional. time was taken to review my expearance and ability in an effort to evaluate my potential as a possiable employee.

Interview Question – the setting was in a hospital so the most unexpected question was in referance to dealing with someone who may be irrational because of a situation happening to them at the moment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – in the process of having a hands on day to see if i fit the mold of the location.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.