Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr, 2015

1.9

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

I met them in a career fair and then they contacted me for an interview. The whole process is a 3 round interview. First round was behavorial and analytical testing with 3 different persons, rotational. Very unreasonable analytical questions. Very bad interviewer was in charge of analytical questions. Overall not a good experience at all

Interview Questions

• He had a key chain on the table which no-one would notice! He slides it under a folder and then at the end asked me what did I have on the table?
      Market sizing, 37 by 37!!!!

Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Markham, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online for multiple locations, and the next morning I received a phone call from the manager for a interview on that day. The interview basically asks: why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job, and explains his expectation and workers responsibilities. He said he would let me know in three days, still, I worried that I won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job,   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Chatham, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. In the first interview we talked over coffee and traded stories. There were a lot of questions asked through the online application, and I think we reviewed a few of those. I thought I was applying to a full time position, but the online job description didn't make that clear and it turned out the position was for peak hours and part time with the potential to go to full time based on the store's success. The second interview was short, I was pretty sure they had decided to extend the offer at the end of the first interview. Maybe that is the reason for a three question second interview - it also could have possibly a training exercise for an assistant manager since there were two people in attendance and I was interviewed by a different person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly "What would you do if.." questions. What would you do if a customer was upset after spilling his or her drink? How would you handle a customer who comes in and clearly hasn't been having a good day?   1 Answer

In this case, I was looking for work that would either be full time or that would line up reasonably well with the hours I already had covered for child care. Since this position was part time and help was needed on days where I was without care it would cost me more in time and effort to accept the position than it was worth. Minimum wage is not enough when about three quarters of what you make goes to pay for care.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? What are your greatest weaknesses/strengths, what would you do if there was an angry customer, explain a Tims you were under pressure how did you handle it? Why should we hire you? Tell me something about yourself? Are you in school?

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for one store, was called two days later from a woman at a different location. I got an interview for the beginning of next week. They basically wanted me because of my availability and previous work experience. The position was for night shifts.

Storefront Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Interview questions are quite basic. Simple behavioural and situational questions. Ex. What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing $5? %50? It is quite easy to determine what answers they are looking for.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons (Niagara Falls, ON) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. I didn't pick up so I called back the next morning and scheduled an interview for the next day. Went to the interview, the manager was super nice and very laid back. No hard questions at all. I got asked a couple behaviour questions, like what would I do if someone spilt coffee on themselves. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot. Went in the next day to do a sign up and then orientation was the day after.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone split coffee on themselves in the restaurant?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call for job interview at the same day. The interview was appointed the next day p.m. The length of interview didn't last more than 10 minutes. The assistant manager didn't even have a look at my resume. I guess they are really in short of people. No hard questions, very simple and casual talk. The manager was nice to me. First, he explained the hours and wages and asked if I was ok with it. And he asked why I chose to work for Tim's, and if I would be able to work under pressure. Another question is how long can I work in Tim's. I speak frank to him that I don't have experience of customer service, which is, however, valued for my future work plan. I told him I wanted to gain such experience at Timmy's. Then he asked my work flexibility. After I said I lived in walking distance from the restaurant, he seemed to be pleased. At the end of interview, I was told to be reached soon. Later in the evening, he called and offered me the job which would start in two days.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Why us? Can you work under pressure? How long will I stay at here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, start at min wage