Tim Hortons Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Front Counter Staff Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

My dad got me this interview last minute, and it went really well for being my third interview (it was going to be my first job). Within three days I was offered a job, and I accepted. The person reviewing me was very friendly and nice. The staff was also very friendly. It was a great experience!

Operations Representative Interview

Applied through corporate website. Had a phone interview which was 20 minutes. Going over past experience and education related to the job. Talked about roles and responsibilities etc. Invited for an in person interview which lasted 30 minutes. Kind of intimidating, interviewed by 4 people. Asked about 20 questions, maybe more. Some i could remember:

-How to handle someone youre training who doesn’t understand or speak too much English?
    -goes over resume, education, discuss experience
    -going above and beyond for your workplace/colleague
    -something unethical taking place at your workplace, how you handled it
    -how to handle an irate customer
    -something you wish you did differently after dealing with a customer
    -what skills are important for this position, which is the most important
    -how long do you see yourself with the company
    -altercation with a colleague at work, how you handled it
    -you hear feedback from your manager, how did you handle it
    -if you had a lot of assigned tasks how would u manage, in order to finish on time? What if you had tasks left but couldn’t finish?
    -a time where you had to focus on work only and things kept popping up

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were strictly about your previous experience similar to the operations representative position. I think this is the only way you end up getting an interview, if you have the required experience.   Answer Question

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victoria, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

it all depends on the location, each Tim Hortons manager hires their own way. Submit on line and you could be waiting a week. Walk in at the right time with an application and resume you could get an interview on the spot if the hiring person is in.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was unexpected for me was "Are you comfortable talking into a headset?"   Answer Question
    My availability was my main hold back, but it only took a few min to fix.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

I was called for a phone interview. Before the interview started I was told that only one position was available and many applicants had already been interviewed. I was then asked about my work experience and asked general interview questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes. I was then asked if I was interested in working at another location, I said yes. I was never contacted again.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to deal with a rude person and the result was positive ?   Answer Question

Front Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Haldimand County, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2012.

Tell me about yourself, situational questions where you felt most challenged. Overall was pretty easy they are not picky, you'll most likely get the job even if you don't have much experienced. Just tell that you're a hard worker and willing to learn and everything should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you felt most challenged.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they just give me $12/hr

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brampton, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer
    No detailed negotiation yet.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!