Tim Hortons

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Berwick, NS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2008.

Interview Details I applied online, was called for a phone interview about a week later, and then another phone interview about two days later. I was then granted a in person interview at my local store and was hired via phone the next day.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic. They seemed more concerned about whether I have a bad record or have stolen money from a till in the past than my working ability.   Answer Question

Chatham-Kent, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in July 2008.

Interview Details Got called for an interview at the head office. They asked me about myself, my school grades (was only 16 at the time), my hobbies and interests, and that's about it.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a stressful of difficult situation.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2011.

Interview Details I saw the boss interviewing other people, so I decided to make an application. I gave it in an then left to go home. The next morning the boss called me for an interview and the next day I started training. The boss is a very nice guy and I did not feel stressed or forced to give the right answers during the interview. I felt at ease and as if I was just having a simple conversation. He has people who have been working for 35 years with him, and I would classify him as a person who does a really good job at communicating on the same level as his employees. He was 20 minutes late for his own interview, but when I walked out with my new uniform ready to start work the next day after about only 30 minutes of a stress-free easy interview, I couldn't care less!

Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2009.

Interview Details The lady greeted me well and asked me a few questions of situations that may occur and what I would have to face at work. It was very descent but when I went to work the first day she told me to come another day because I didnt wear black shoes but she has not instructed me from the interview. Other than that it was fine.

Interview Question – Some believe that interviewers decide upon the person being intervied withing 5 minutes. Is that true?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate as the person was asian but speaked very fluent english.

Calgary, AB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2008.

Interview Details Tim Hortons is a place where a lot of people get hired because not a lot of them will stay longer than a week, therefore the interview process is very fast and easy. They ask "What are you currently doing?" "Are you in school?" "What days can you work?"...etc, very basic questions.

Interview Question – "What are your current plans and what do you plan to do in the future?"   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Interview Details It was fairly easy, I couldn't answer some of the questions but the interviewer helped me through it as it was my first interview. Some of the questions were similar, there were a few about what you thought good customer service was like. She also asked what I would do in certain situations. She explained every question, and it seemed all she wanted to hear was that I was going to make the customer happy. She also went over the job description and rules, and constantly said 'When you work here', making me feel like I already got the job.

I applied online and got called the next day. The day after I got called I went in for an interview and two days later they called and told me to come in on Monday to start training.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2008.

Interview Details Typical questions asked, ie. previous customer service experience, time you went beyond the call of duty

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2010.

Interview Details It was at a job fair, very nice just asked general questions

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons Cashier interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.