Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 2 Feb, 2015

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC).

Interview

The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Brampton, ON) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Montreal, QC) in February 2011.

Interview

I saw the boss interviewing other people, so I decided to make an application. I gave it in an then left to go home. The next morning the boss called me for an interview and the next day I started training. The boss is a very nice guy and I did not feel stressed or forced to give the right answers during the interview. I felt at ease and as if I was just having a simple conversation. He has people who have been working for 35 years with him, and I would classify him as a person who does a really good job at communicating on the same level as his employees. He was 20 minutes late for his own interview, but when I walked out with my new uniform ready to start work the next day after about only 30 minutes of a stress-free easy interview, I couldn't care less!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2010.

Interview

Very Easy going One on One interview
    you will be sitting inside the store and the interview will take place there
    it will be relaxing offer you water and or coffee and something to eat ...
    Very nice and friendly enviroment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON) in June 2009.

Interview

The lady greeted me well and asked me a few questions of situations that may occur and what I would have to face at work. It was very descent but when I went to work the first day she told me to come another day because I didnt wear black shoes but she has not instructed me from the interview. Other than that it was fine.

Interview Questions

• Some believe that interviewers decide upon the person being intervied withing 5 minutes. Is that true?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate as the person was asian but speaked very fluent english.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham-Kent, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Chatham-Kent, ON) in July 2008.

Interview

Got called for an interview at the head office. They asked me about myself, my school grades (was only 16 at the time), my hobbies and interests, and that's about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a stressful of difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Calgary, AB) in June 2008.

Interview

Tim Hortons is a place where a lot of people get hired because not a lot of them will stay longer than a week, therefore the interview process is very fast and easy. They ask "What are you currently doing?" "Are you in school?" "What days can you work?"...etc, very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• "What are your current plans and what do you plan to do in the future?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwick, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Berwick, NS) in February 2008.

Interview

I applied online, was called for a phone interview about a week later, and then another phone interview about two days later. I was then granted a in person interview at my local store and was hired via phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic. They seemed more concerned about whether I have a bad record or have stolen money from a till in the past than my working ability.   Answer Question