Guardsmark
www.guardsmark.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Guardsmark Security Officer Interview Question

I interviewed in Las Vegas, NV and was asked:
"There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Security Officer Interview Review - one of 34 Guardsmark Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Figuring that I would use the college degree I just acquired and paid dearly for to someday move on to bigger things, I told the client that I would eventually be seeking career employment in another field but that I planned on working security in the meantime to pay the bills and save some money for travel and housing in said future, mentioning that this would be several months or maybe even a year down the road. But alas, because those plans were not being a security guard in the same place for the rest of my days as the "for-sure-thing-I'm-going-to-commit-myself-to-for-life" I was rejected for the position. My advice would be to check with some of the guards who work there first to get a feel for what they're looking for if your Account Manager says there's going to be a client interview.
- Interview Candidate on Aug 03, 2012 Flag Response
of 0
votes
Are they always looking for guards?
- Tim on Aug 06, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardsmark interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Guardsmark employees and interview candidates.