Guardsmark

www.guardsmark.com
  www.guardsmark.com

Interview Question

Security Officer Interview Las Vegas, NV

There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for

the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

Figuring that I would use the college degree I just acquired and paid dearly for to someday move on to bigger things, I told the client that I would eventually be seeking career employment in another field but that I planned on working security in the meantime to pay the bills and save some money for travel and housing in said future, mentioning that this would be several months or maybe even a year down the road. But alas, because those plans were not being a security guard in the same place for the rest of my days as the "for-sure-thing-I'm-going-to-commit-myself-to-for-life" I was rejected for the position. My advice would be to check with some of the guards who work there first to get a feel for what they're looking for if your Account Manager says there's going to be a client interview.

Interview Candidate on 2012-08-03

Are they always looking for guards?

Tim on 2012-08-06

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.