The Home Depot

2.2

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON

interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Was contacted by phone first to conduct an over the phone interview. Was asked scenario questions regarding past experience as a cashier or how to solve a problem. Once the phone interview was done I was told that if I qualified, I would be hearing from them for a face to face interview. I was called few days later to attend the interview at the store where I applied. The interview was very relaxed. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was asked just like 4 question scenarios about things that would happen while being a cashier. I was offered the position on the spot and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the salary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

sent an email to access the automative interview then set me up an in person interview. I was hired on the spot went through 3 interviews in one day. The. Last two interviews were repetitive of the first one just with different people. Asjed questions about guving good customer service abd being a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go over abd beyond for the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Hiring is Pretty fast easy going questions5 questions average the manager was nice and informative, but the training process is horrible and very long alot of question for this position you have to be a quick learner

Interview Questions
    • There are'nt any difficult questions its pretty much asking you about your work experience and how do you handle tough situations. Using prior experience how has that helped you now.   Answer Question