The Home Depot

2.2

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON

interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

There wasn't no negotiation

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Was contacted by phone first to conduct an over the phone interview. Was asked scenario questions regarding past experience as a cashier or how to solve a problem. Once the phone interview was done I was told that if I qualified, I would be hearing from them for a face to face interview. I was called few days later to attend the interview at the store where I applied. The interview was very relaxed. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was asked just like 4 question scenarios about things that would happen while being a cashier. I was offered the position on the spot and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the salary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation