The Home Depot

Updated 24 Feb, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Bowmanville, ON
Anonymous Employee in Bowmanville, ON

interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

(THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW EVER). I'm new to USA. I applied online. Complete assessment. Got an email 2 days later with a phone call to call (or wait them to call back). I called them then answered automated questions. Then it will transfers you to a phone interview. Then they scheduled me a 1:1 interview at the store. Everybody was nice. I've been told to wait 2 weeks for a call if I get selected.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation where you have to work with a team and what was the outcome
      Describe a situation when you had to work fast & accurately?
      What will you do if a customer asks you a question you don't know?
      What will you do if a rude customer came to you?

Answer Question
    • How will you serve our customers above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like to work with us?   Answer Question
    • What do expect the things that makes you happy at home depot at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

I applied a few months before and then had to take an online character assessment test. I guess I must have passed it because Home Depot's automated employment center started calling last month. When I called back there were a few easy automated questions and then it sent my call over to a real person. They asked if I would be willing to provide excellent customer service. Of course. They told me the starting wage for the position was $9.00, which I was OK with. Then they stated that the position would require open availability Monday through Sunday.... and I was out. I have a daughter and can not work ANY shift. Not a very flexible part time job.

Interview Questions
    • do you have open availability to work any shift any day?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

There wasn't no negotiation

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Got a phone interview then got a in-person interview the next day and went in. The interview was so easy and laid back. First interview was series of questions on your work experience and then got a second interview the same day with the assistant manager and i basically had to sell myself to her and we had a very normal conversation no questions were asked and then she stated the starting is $9.75 which is better than nothing and i accepted and got my form for the drug test and did the background check. Just waiting now

Interview Questions
    • What would i hate about working there?   View Answer
    No, Negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer