The Home Depot

2.2

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON

interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA (US)

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

sent an email to access the automative interview then set me up an in person interview. I was hired on the spot went through 3 interviews in one day. The. Last two interviews were repetitive of the first one just with different people. Asjed questions about guving good customer service abd being a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go over abd beyond for the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Hiring is Pretty fast easy going questions5 questions average the manager was nice and informative, but the training process is horrible and very long alot of question for this position you have to be a quick learner

Interview Questions
    • There are'nt any difficult questions its pretty much asking you about your work experience and how do you handle tough situations. Using prior experience how has that helped you now.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Received a phone call from the Hiring Center and answered a few questions. I was then set up for an interview at my store and hired on the spot. It was really simple and there was not anything hard about it. Home Depot is desperate for people that want to work.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

originally, I applied for merchandizing position online. They called me a few days after and after a phone interview, they invited me for an actual interview at the store. I met the merchandizing team leader, cool guy, we talked for some time, he showed me what exactly merchandizing means since i didn't have experience with this type of job. Than he found out about my experience as store associate and dealing with customers. The questions were pretty common, nothing specific and nothing tricky. Remember, the main focus is customers and safety! The interview was close to an hour.

Later the same day he called me and asked me to go and apply online for cashier position and than call a different person and schedule an interview. I did that and the next day I was there for another interview with a different manager. This one was more customer service oriented and again nothing stressful or tricky, talked about my previous experience and than got scheduled for a second interview the next day. The next day I met, i think, the store manager, he was a little too serious but still nice. This is where I got offered a position and talked about salary. I was asked to go take drug test and than we were gonna talk about start day.

The questions were really pretty common for retail jobs. The focus is, as I said - customers and safety! Remember customers always come first, whatever you are doing and they come and ask for help and interrupt, you just smile and help with whatever you can. Do not ever make customer feel bad and worry about your personal problems or whatever could be stressing you at that moment. They should be getting as positive experience at the store as possible. And the other focus - safety! Learn and know the safety rules and follow them without exception!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get frustrated with a customer?   Answer Question