The Home Depot Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

I attended a hiring fair that was held during January. I was given a short interview and asked simple questions such as: what does customer service mean to you, why The Home Depot . Next i got a call from an HR rep with another interview over the phone this time. Going over my resume and stuff. Also asking some behaviour type questions. Next i was contacted about 2 weeks later to meet with a department manager for seasonal. Met him and had another interview which consisted of 6 behaviour type questions - very challenging if youre not prepared. Common questions included - (1) What would you do if you noticed a customer is standing around in your department but he/she looks lost. (2) How would you sell a lawn mower to a customer (3) How would you close the sale (4) tell me of a time you offered exceptional customer service and what was the result (5) Tell me of a time you had to attend to a task that required strong attention to detail

Interview Questions
    • ell me of a time you had to attend to a task that required strong attention to detail   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, they gave you offer , either you accepted it or decline the offer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbotsford, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Clerk Interview

There was one interview. The manager and supervisor of the distribution place was interviewing me at the time. They asked about safety teamwork. It was in their meeting room and it was quite informal.

Special Services Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Online, then Job fair, interview with Assistant Store Manager, Reference checks. You will need to provide three references. Final step is interview with store manager and signing of contract.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

HR from Toronto will call you first, it seems like they are just trying to meet company requirements for recruitment numbers because they did not ask any questions about the job or about myself, other than interview availability. Then, they'll have you meet with a department manager and have you give references. If that goes well, you'll be asked to meet with a store manager within a few days after that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all straight forward and easy, but they do a lot of question repetition which gets annoying. I think its a test, to see if you're lying about your past experiences. I just kept giving the same answer to the repeat or similar questions. The interviewer seemed to recognize and appreciate that.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2012.

asked about how to treat difficult and challenging people. how to deal with stress and pressure. example of group work. solve a problem.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Applied online, was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. Interview was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager and the Department Supervisor. Was structured with predetermined questions. Was advised I would be notified within a week for a second interview. The second interview wasn't even an interview, I met with the Store Manager, who presented me with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Not any difficult or unexpected questions were asked. They were all generic questions that could have been asked for any number of positions. The one I think they focus on the most would be what prior experience you have that would be beneficial to this role.   View Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

It took a few months from when I originally applied to be contacted for an interview. However, once I was, everything was quite quick (as it was summer and the busiest time). I had two interviews with he HR associate, and on the second, he handed me the orientation booklet. A long wait for contact, but very quick interview process.

Head Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

3 Steps to the process. 1) telephone interview with a recruitment officer. 2nd step, interview with the department head, 3rd. interview with the assistant manager and or the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tricky questions. As long as you have the know how then you should be fine.   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!