The Home Depot Interview Questions

1,764 Interview Reviews

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Montreal, QC).

Interview

I went to the fair and met with a head cashier and she liked the fact that I made some research before about the company. She asked me some regular question and situation questions. My advices: the client is always the more important person in your life, as a cashier, if your client didn't have a good experience in store, it's your responsability to give him the good impression to make him want to come back. Make a visual contact with him, SMILE, ask him if he found all he needed, etc.
    So, after 1 1/2 week, they called me for an interview. I went, and the HR guy literally asked me 2 general questions easy to answer (Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here) and after, I signed contract C: So I'm doing the formation now. Good look! People here are really nice! (at least in my store in Montreal and the people I met)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you choose our company?
      Some situation questions

Answer Question

Deliveries Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very easy going two managers they asked situational questions, They just want t get to know you and what you would do in different situations, i always made sure to say costumers first

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I went to a job fair they were holding, I filled out a quick application and then got interview on the spot where the girl invited me for a more formal interview. I was interviewed by two very intimidating people who seemed like they didn't want to do my interview. After about a week the contacted me and told me they were calling my references, about a week went by and didn't hear anything from them so I assumed I didn't get the job until I got an email say the store manager would like to meet with me. I have yet to meet with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone asked you about a product you didn't know about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot (Edmonton, AB) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied during the job fair. i was interviewed on the spot and requested for another interview the next day. they asked me about my previous job and how can i apply skills in the position i'm applying for. They requested for personal references at least three of them from my previous work. And i thought that they are not interested with me anymore since I didn't get a call again from them after a month.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to be efficient and effective in my previous of work?   Answer Question
    • what did you do to overcome irate customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't get the chance to negotiate my salary since this is my first job here in Canada.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

got calls first from human resources, which, i think was from ontario. human resources were very kind and professional people. then i had 2 interviews, one with the actual store manager, and then another store interview with the assistant store manager. they give you, like a week to decide to take the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• questions are standard. the basic customer service, experience, and they give you 2 or 3 scenarios where they check how you will handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they only give you about a week or so to consider the offer. but i think, they might consider if you need more than a week to decide. provided you be professional enough to give them a call, of course.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowmanville, ON

Application

interviewed at The Home Depot (Bowmanville, ON) in August 2014.

Interview

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Clerk Interview

Interview

There was one interview. The manager and supervisor of the distribution place was interviewing me at the time. They asked about safety teamwork. It was in their meeting room and it was quite informal.

Special Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Online, then Job fair, interview with Assistant Store Manager, Reference checks. You will need to provide three references. Final step is interview with store manager and signing of contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Abbotsford, BC) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

HR from Toronto will call you first, it seems like they are just trying to meet company requirements for recruitment numbers because they did not ask any questions about the job or about myself, other than interview availability. Then, they'll have you meet with a department manager and have you give references. If that goes well, you'll be asked to meet with a store manager within a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all straight forward and easy, but they do a lot of question repetition which gets annoying. I think its a test, to see if you're lying about your past experiences. I just kept giving the same answer to the repeat or similar questions. The interviewer seemed to recognize and appreciate that.   Answer Question