The Home Depot

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
1,575 Interview Reviews

2.3

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

got calls first from human resources, which, i think was from ontario. human resources were very kind and professional people. then i had 2 interviews, one with the actual store manager, and then another store interview with the assistant store manager. they give you, like a week to decide to take the offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • questions are standard. the basic customer service, experience, and they give you 2 or 3 scenarios where they check how you will handle it.   Answer Question
    they only give you about a week or so to consider the offer. but i think, they might consider if you need more than a week to decide. provided you be professional enough to give them a call, of course.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON

interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Went to a job fair and was called in for an interview with 2 separate ladies. They were extremely friendly staff, asked leading questions, did role play. Asked me to also give examples of what I would do in different situations, such as if I had an angry or unsatisfied customer, etc.

The salary was too low

Clerk Interview

There was one interview. The manager and supervisor of the distribution place was interviewing me at the time. They asked about safety teamwork. It was in their meeting room and it was quite informal.

Special Services Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Online, then Job fair, interview with Assistant Store Manager, Reference checks. You will need to provide three references. Final step is interview with store manager and signing of contract.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

HR from Toronto will call you first, it seems like they are just trying to meet company requirements for recruitment numbers because they did not ask any questions about the job or about myself, other than interview availability. Then, they'll have you meet with a department manager and have you give references. If that goes well, you'll be asked to meet with a store manager within a few days after that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all straight forward and easy, but they do a lot of question repetition which gets annoying. I think its a test, to see if you're lying about your past experiences. I just kept giving the same answer to the repeat or similar questions. The interviewer seemed to recognize and appreciate that.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
    I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
    I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
    I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

I attended a hiring fair that was held during January. I was given a short interview and asked simple questions such as: what does customer service mean to you, why The Home Depot . Next i got a call from an HR rep with another interview over the phone this time. Going over my resume and stuff. Also asking some behaviour type questions. Next i was contacted about 2 weeks later to meet with a department manager for seasonal. Met him and had another interview which consisted of 6 behaviour type questions - very challenging if youre not prepared. Common questions included - (1) What would you do if you noticed a customer is standing around in your department but he/she looks lost. (2) How would you sell a lawn mower to a customer (3) How would you close the sale (4) tell me of a time you offered exceptional customer service and what was the result (5) Tell me of a time you had to attend to a task that required strong attention to detail

Interview Questions
    • ell me of a time you had to attend to a task that required strong attention to detail   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, they gave you offer , either you accepted it or decline the offer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

It took a few months from when I originally applied to be contacted for an interview. However, once I was, everything was quite quick (as it was summer and the busiest time). I had two interviews with he HR associate, and on the second, he handed me the orientation booklet. A long wait for contact, but very quick interview process.

Millwork Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very strait forward, meeting with HR manger -> then department supervisor -> then store manager . from there they decided if they want to employee you and call you back in to talk about your wage and sign the paper work

Interview Questions
    • I was able to answer all there questions, didn't experience a difficult question   Answer Question