The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Abbotsford, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details There was one interview. The manager and supervisor of the distribution place was interviewing me at the time. They asked about safety teamwork. It was in their meeting room and it was quite informal.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with safety.   Answer Question

Special Services Associate Interview

Special Services Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Online, then Job fair, interview with Assistant Store Manager, Reference checks. You will need to provide three references. Final step is interview with store manager and signing of contract.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details HR from Toronto will call you first, it seems like they are just trying to meet company requirements for recruitment numbers because they did not ask any questions about the job or about myself, other than interview availability. Then, they'll have you meet with a department manager and have you give references. If that goes well, you'll be asked to meet with a store manager within a few days after that.

Interview Question – Questions were all straight forward and easy, but they do a lot of question repetition which gets annoying. I think its a test, to see if you're lying about your past experiences. I just kept giving the same answer to the repeat or similar questions. The interviewer seemed to recognize and appreciate that.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details I went to the national hiring day job fair and I applied online for the position. I was told it would make the process faster. I was sent a reference number by e-mail to take with me. I had never attended a job fair before.
I arrived early but there were approx. 20 people in line in front of me. Shortly after I arrived about 100 people showed up. I waited in line about 30 min before I was able to speak with someone. The job fair interview was relaxed and easy I spent about five min there before I was given a second interview.

Second interview was great! all the questions were on a form and related to customer service issues(almost like a test) Halfway during the interview the hr manager broke off and called dept manager. She explained to me that she though I would be underutilized at cash and thought I would be great doing sales! The dept manager had no time to meet with me during the allotted interview time so it was left that they would get in touch in a few weeks. they asked for references.
I took it upon myself to find the dept manager to introduced myself, and he granted me a 3rd interview.
I have now spoken with the dept manager and am just waiting to here.

Interview Question – What makes a great customer service associate?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2012.

Interview Details asked about how to treat difficult and challenging people. how to deal with stress and pressure. example of group work. solve a problem.

Interview Question – whats your weakness   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Burlington, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. Interview was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager and the Department Supervisor. Was structured with predetermined questions. Was advised I would be notified within a week for a second interview. The second interview wasn't even an interview, I met with the Store Manager, who presented me with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Not any difficult or unexpected questions were asked. They were all generic questions that could have been asked for any number of positions. The one I think they focus on the most would be what prior experience you have that would be beneficial to this role.   View Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details It took a few months from when I originally applied to be contacted for an interview. However, once I was, everything was quite quick (as it was summer and the busiest time). I had two interviews with he HR associate, and on the second, he handed me the orientation booklet. A long wait for contact, but very quick interview process.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary   View Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

Interview Details 3 Steps to the process. 1) telephone interview with a recruitment officer. 2nd step, interview with the department head, 3rd. interview with the assistant manager and or the store manager.

Interview Question – There were no tricky questions. As long as you have the know how then you should be fine.   Answer Question

Millwork Interview

Millwork

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Very strait forward, meeting with HR manger -> then department supervisor -> then store manager . from there they decided if they want to employee you and call you back in to talk about your wage and sign the paper work

Interview Question – I was able to answer all there questions, didn't experience a difficult question   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!