The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
212 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Abbotsford, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details basic behavioural questions

Interview Question – a mock situation question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Interview Details Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that really stood out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

Interview Details applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Question – was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Kanata, ON

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

Interview Details I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Question – If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.

Very Easy Interview

Alton, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Interview Details Short phone interview, In person interview, and drug screening directly after...very slow to call though...very slow to get me in for initial training...then you spend a couple weeks doing "Rapid Web Based Training" Depending on your position you might have more or less training to do. Aside from that it was just paperwork and waiting three weeks for the drug screening results

Interview Question – None...All of the questions were simple and easy, Like If you were in this situation what would you do, Is stealing okay, or Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with this or that   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation possible just take it or leave it at 8.35

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Interview Details They asked a lot of basic questions about experience with customer service, how I could handle it when we get long lines, blah blah, it was honestly all very basic customer service questions. They don't ask you if you know about hardware or lumber or anything I don't think they really care.

Interview Question – There were no mind blowing questions. Maybe the most difficult I guess was what are your weaknesses? idk..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The rate will be 9.75, do you accept? lol.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Interview Details Only had one interview. Manager was very nice hired me on the stop. I have 3 years retail experience. The manager basically explained everything that was going to be my job. She was very nice and She never made me feel uncomfortable even though this was only my 2nd interview.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details I applied online, and I heard back about a month later for a phone interview. 2 days later I got an email to set up my in-person interview. I am hoping that I get the job.

Interview Question – On the phone interview: What was your most difficult time you had at your old job.   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!