The Home Depot

2.2

229 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

basic behavioural questions

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Questions
    It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Questions
    • If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Initially applied online and received a email from headquarters telling me to call a number for a screening interview/call. After that I was offered a in store interview. Basic questions, all pertaining to customer service. Easy interview, now waiting for a call back to interview w/ the store manager.
    *update* I was called back for a interview w/ the store manager after 2 days. This interview was a lot shorter (5mins) and was really just manager verifying I was the right pick. Was asked to tell him about myself, and why I want to work there. Keep it customer service related. If you nail the first interview, the job is pretty much yours. Just make a good impression in the 2nd.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $9.25 in CA

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out an application online. Few weeks later got a call from the retail headquarters. They asked simple questions relating to customer service. Then told me that she set me up a in-person interview. During the interview she asked me six questions basically about customer service and how I would react to certain thing. Overall it was pretty easy and always ask a question if they ask do you have any questions for me.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult... 1. How would I react to a rude customer? 2. What would I do if a customer had a concern about a product that I wasn't familiar with? they were pretty basic questions.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

The process was pretty basic and my interviewer was very informative and nice. He answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns. He was also very professional and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Why the Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to work in a group to get to a goal, name the challenges. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry or customer?   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses? How do you think working here would make them strengths?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. You either accepted or denied what was offered.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all