The Home Depot

Updated 18 Feb, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

basic behavioural questions

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Questions
    It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Questions
    • If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Apply Online
    2. Phone Automated Interview
    3. First In Store Interview
    4. Second Interview ( Pretty Much You Have The Job By Then) Just A Refresher Of The First Interview and They Offer You The Job.
    5. Background Check/ Drug Test

None. Starting Off With $8.50 In S. FL But Potential For A Raise

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

About 6 straight forward questions. Did you have any related experience; if you don't the answer for a customer question, how are going handle that; I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one challenging/difficult situation you went through in your past and how you handle it and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

must pass the phone interview. and the second interview and pass a drug test and background check before consideration of employment.If you meet all the requirements for employment you can get hired on with Home Depot.

I accepted what they offered cause I was fresh out of school and needed a job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

I applied online on December 30th, 2014, then took an assessment. I was called on January 5th, 2015 for an interview the next day. The manager was very friendly on the phone, and when I got to the store, everyone was so nice to me, and told me it was tons of fun working there. One manager came to get me for the interview. It was one-on-one in a little office by the break room. I actually got to sit in the break room for a couple minutes, which was cool. They have a TV back there, and nice chairs and tables. Much different and much nicer than any other place I've worked for! Everyone gets along very well and they joke around with each other. The culture seems awesome. I answered just five or six easy questions, and then she graded it while I waited in the break room for a couple minutes. Then, she called me back, and told me I had the job. I accepted the offer. I'm very excited to work at such a fun place, and they also let you dress in jeans and tennis-shoes, which is definitely a plus. I went to do the drug test and they're doing a background check on me, and as soon as those results come back, I get to start working. She said probably this weekend! It was a very easy and quick process all in all.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time when you had to do something both very quickly and accurately?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a customer talking badly about another associate or about the company?   View Answer
    They just said, "We'd like to offer this position to you. It's 8.75/hr." No negotiation really.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Applied online, git a call about 4 days later and I interviewed a week later. The interview was about 20 minutes. Laid back, easy questions. Mostly about my past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found a twenty dollar bill on the parking lot?   View Answer
    No negotiating.