The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
205 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Abbotsford, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details basic behavioural questions

Interview Question – a mock situation question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Interview Details Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that really stood out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

Interview Details applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Question – was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Kanata, ON

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

Interview Details I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Question – If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Utica, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details Pretty simple questions if you have ever worked retail. A lot about dealing with customers. Had to interview with two separate people then they offered me the job. Must take drug screen within 48 hours.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation. They only pay $8.50 for cashiers.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details Applied online, in about 4 days I was called in for an interview, they asked basic questions about the type of person I was, and such. After the interview they said that I had to go for a drug test that day. You can't reschedule. I got the job the next day after the drug screen.

Interview Question – Asked about the founders of the company. I researched before hand but I forgot the names towards the middle of the interview. The interviewer was nice about it and said I learn them pretty quick while working there.   Answer Question

Corona, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details I put in an application and then about a week later I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview was basically asking about when did you go beyond and above and what kind of experience do you have. A week later I got an in person interview and there was a lot of what if questions and how you would help the customer questions. There was questions like since you are the last person the customer sees what would you do.

Interview Question – What would you do if a person needed a fitting with a certain pipe piece.   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details It was based on my long application from online, with questions on my experience level and ability to multi task. It felt more like a personal conversation then one for a job. I felt my going to college was not something they would work with I had to adjust my schedule to accommodate the job. Was not good

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details show practical experience in the interview was not expected , but easy to do. Very common interview questions like why you want to work for us even after having a college degree.

Interview Question – doing demo for helping in the store   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!