The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

223 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

basic behavioural questions

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Questions
    It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Questions
    • If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I got an email saying I would get an over the phone interview and they called later that afternoon, I answered about 5 or so questions and then they scheduled me for a in store interview with a manager. The manager was nice and he asked 6 question off a sheet of paper. He told me I definitely got a second interview and some one would call, which I'm still waiting on.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online, and I heard back about a month later for a phone interview. 2 days later I got an email to set up my in-person interview. I am hoping that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview: What was your most difficult time you had at your old job.   Answer Question