The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

219 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abbotsford, BC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbotsford, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

basic behavioural questions

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2009.

Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Questions
    It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2009.

applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kanata, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2008.

I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Questions
    • If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

I completed the application online, the process took two, got a call for a phone interview and then I scheduled an interview. Went to the interview, spoke with the Front End Supervisor, interview took 25 minutes, asked a series of questions and got offered the job on the spot and I accepted the offer. Home Depot are always in need of cashiers and they pay well starting off.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult question, just scenario questions.   Answer Question
    If you are in need of a job, take the offer.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

very fast,not too many questions where asked person was very laid back and seemed very excited to have me apply there....went fast got the job right away filled out applications and was sent to do a drug test had to be done in 24 hours

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

The HR was an hour and a half late for my interview, claiming she did not remember we even had one. She was not prepared at all, and told me she was hungover from the night before. She called all the managers and no one wanted to interview me. I was there for over 3 hours and I got the job right after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of situational question and past experience with customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wappingers Falls, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

I filled out the application online just to see if I was even gonna get called in for a interview and for location I put three down which are 1. Fishkill, NY 2. Wappingers Falls, NY 3. Poughkeepsie, NY and when someone from the Wappingers Falls store called me I wasn't near my phone so they left me a voicemail message and so I called them back and was able to setup a interview with the store manager and so I went and the lady who called me walked me to the back of the store where I met the store manager and he brought me into his office and interviewed me and he pretty much asked me all the usual questions and told me I would get a call from him within the next week or so and I never did!

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with dealing/handling cash?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!