The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

2.9

Senior Trial Counsel Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Six interviews, including one in-person. Very friendly. Very efficient. Multiple levels of corporste hierarchy with several executives. In-house recruiter was main contact throughout. Took about a month. Waiting for offer.

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Hartford.

I had friends inside . I had 1 interview- It was fine, relaxed. Once I got my licence I was in. Just had to complete the licensing process which I did. After that I showed proof of the licence I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. There was a test that was out of the norm.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but found later that others had.

Clinical Intake Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online and completed assessment, was contacted by email for a phone interview 3 weeks later. Questions were basic and easy to follow. Referred for a second interview in person at the end of the conversation. Contacted by email 2 days later to set up second interview the following week. Second interview consisted of a 1:1 and someone on a conference call. Questions much more in detail with more specific job related questions. Many situational and behavioral type questions. Still waiting to hear of the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Hartford.

The interview process went well in contacting me, meeting the supervisor which was very friendly and polite. The overall process went quickly to start the training. I tested and passed the skills test. I did not have any difficulty with not understanding the process. People were very professional.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation process offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hartford in August 2014.

Applied online and I completed a few simulated calls. Within a week I was contacted by phone and I had an phone interview followed by a face to face interview the next day. I was contacted by email, nonetheless, that I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There is an abidance of call centers in San Antonio, why would you want to work at this one?   View Answer

Auto Claims Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hartford.

Applied to Indianapolis office. Submitted lengthy application, pre-hire assessment, and extensive background check documents. Received an email for a phone interview next day, on site interview the week after. Get a call two business days later from someone in Connecticut I didn't interview with to tell me I was being referred to a different position. Someone else in Oklahoma calls 10 minutes later to tell me to re-apply and set up yet another interview for a position that pays 33% less than what I interviewed for. Found out they re-posted the position just hours after I interviewed for it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative solution you reached for a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I had my first interview with the local senior executive. He was very informative and encouraging. Once he decided to speak to me further he set up an interview with the head boss in Dallas, TX. The senior executive flew us to Dallas for the interview with the big boss. It went well. I was very nervous but they were both very nice and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you are not good at.   View Answer
    He asked what salary I needed and I gave him a number. He gave me another number much better than I had requested and I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Behavioral-based interview. Lots of questions about "tell me about a time when" for example "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or situation." What happened, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome. Before the interview write down experiences from other jobs where things went great and other experiences where things did not go great and be able to tell about these things. Look on line at behavioral interview questions to help you prepare.

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in June 2014.

I applied online, and was required to do a skills assessment within the next two days. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from a consultant for a phone interview for the following week. During the phone interview, I was offered a in-person interview for the following week. During the in-person interview, I first interviewed 1:1 with the training manager, then I did a panel interview with two different managers. I received a call about a week later, offering me the position, contingent to background check.

Interview Questions
    • what do you feel the 3 most difficult challenges are within this position, What do you know about The Hartford (very important, I was asked during phone and in-person interview), Why should we hire you, Name a time that you had a disagreement with upper management   Answer Question
    The offer was not negotiable.

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Hartford.

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview, which ended up being the next day. The phone interview mostly consisted of a discussion of my current and past work and how the skills necessary for those jobs applied to the current position. At the end of the interview, we set up a time for an in-person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two people, both of whom were very nice and engaging. The questions were very similar to those of the phone interview, mostly asking about skills in previous positions which would directly or indirectly translate to the new position. Understanding the importance that The Hartford places on metrics is critical. Showing that you have had experience with metrics in the past is definitely a good thing. Preparing responses to a few basic behavioral questions would be a good idea as well (e.g. what would you do if a customer called in and was angry?).

Interview Questions
    I received a call the day after my in-person interview with an offer. It was at the highest end in the hiring range, so I didn't negotiate.