The Hartford Associate Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer was really irate
    What is your biggest weakness
      Answer Question
Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   View Answer

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2013.

Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2012.

The interview process was long. I started with an on-campus interview and after a few days a over the phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was called again to come into the office for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours long with about 6 different senior staff.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was "In 2 years where do you see yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2012.

I applied online and about a week later I was requested to take their online skills/personality test. It was pretty straight forward and included a call center simulation segment. A few weeks after taking this test I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty much as expected and there were no extremely difficult or unexpected questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at your resume it seems that none of your past jobs have been related to insurance, why are you interested in pursuing a career in insurance currently?   Answer Question

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!