The Gap

Updated 11 Dec, 2014
Updated 11 Dec, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Fairly easy interview, looked at resume and asked questions regarding previous experiences. Then went on to explain job duties and what to expect. The interview lasted around 10 to 15 minutes but it felt even shorter.

Associate Interview

Pre-screening, group interview and job offer, pre-screening was hold by an experienced associate who explore about the motivation to do this job, this was the first filter, then a group interview with management team, they explore the ability to follow direct instructions and the skills in problem solving, after this interview selected candidates receives an offer and was pointed for a meeting with human resources to discuss the terms, at that point people accept or reject the job.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions related with problem solutions   Answer Question
    I knew the salary rate since the beginning

Stock Associate Interview

Found job ad online seeking seasonal stock associates and asked to apply online. Interview was easy and included typical questions. Asked to sell what I was wearing, and a lot of behavioural questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

apply it online , about after 2 weeks they called me and asked for an interview .
    The manager was so nice , he told me he does short interviews . He only asked me two question , Why did yo choose gap , and tell me about your previous job . Pretty straight forward .
    After the interview he said he doesnt see why he wouldn't be callig me , an im exactly what they need .
    i Got a call the next day and offered me a job !!
    overall it was easy and the manager made me feel really relaxing .

offer 11.29 per hour

Im still waitin for m SIN card . They told me they would wait for me . sooo .....
    its good

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

Everyine must apply online, the application process online had you enter the typical information plus do some case study questions with ranking the best and worst choices to make in a certain scenario. It was mostly just common sense. A week or so later, I got called in for a group interview with 3 others. The interview was quite relaxed, asking typical questions such as why did you pick gap, what motivates you, etc. Half a week later they called me to give me an offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

The interview process at The Gap was very relaxed. I called to go in for an interview by the hiring manager. But during the interview I was only asked 3 questions and the interview was over. They asked me what my availabilities were. And why i chose to apply for the Gap. And what good customer service to me was. After that we had a casual conversation about my qualifications and the interview was done. The interview I would say was about 10 - 15 minutes long.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Applied online, two days later got an email to come in and do a group interview. There was me and a few other girls. Manger was super friendly and engaging. It felt like I was just meeting some new people, as it was pretty stress free. I tried to be outgoing and that appeared to be key. The quieter girls did not get hired. Got a call few days later and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your worked through a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question
    Offered far above minimum wage, no negotiation from me.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applied for the job online and was called to come in for an interview the next day. I met with one of the managers, he asked me my email, when I was available and explained to me what the duties of this job was. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and he didn't ask any typical interview questions. I received an email the next day telling me that I got the job and listed the salary as well.

Sales Associate Interview

One interview, management very friendly, general questions and role play

Very smooth transition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

I applied online then got an email asking to come in for a group interview. I arrived about 15 minutes early, told a sales associate i was here for a interview. They said the interviewer wasn't ready and said to wait. I browsed around the store and notice a couple people waiting so i assumed they were here for the group interview too.
    10-15 after the time the interview should have started they asked us to go through a back door, it was basically their stock room. They had chairs for the seven of us to sit.
    The interview was really nice, he introduced himself and told us how long hes been with the company and how he use to work for Gap in another continent before be promoted and moving here.

Interview question were:
    Tell me about yourself/something unique about you?
    What kind of style is Gap?
    Who is Gap targeted towards/ who shops there?
    What do you think customers look for when they come into the store?
    Why do you want to work here?
    I noticed the interview wast talking any notes but just listening and responding to our answers so i assumed he was already interested in hiring us.

At the end of the interview we were able to ask questions. The main question i think most of us wanted to know was how many people they were planning to hire. They want to hire about 50 people. I was shocked, considering the interviewer said they have 150+ employees.
    I kind of became less interesting because i realized i wouldn't get many shifts.
    He told us he would email all of us and let us know if they wanted to continue the hiring process or not.
    A couple days later i got another email asking to come in for another group interview i agreed. When i got there it turned out it wasn't a group interview. It was a one on one with a store manager and we had to pick out an outfit and sell it to the manager in the middle of the busy store (it was a Friday Afternoon).
    I was taken off guard and i didn't do so well on selling the outfit which is important in retail.

I was told i would get a call about the interview and whether i would be moving forward or not, but never did.

Overall it was a good experience and i will be more prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Selling an outfit to the store manager in the store while there were customers shopping.   Answer Question