The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 19 Mar, 2015
Updated 19 Mar, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online, and I had to take a multiple choice test. It wasn't hard, it was mostly common sense like: What would you likely do in this situation.. etc. Got a call a day later about an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Describe a time where you had to take the lead.
    Describe a time where you had a conflict at work and how you resolved it.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Vancouver, BC) in November 2014.

Interview

Need to do an online quiz for at least 30mins while you are applying, make sure you have enough time and you cannot rush at all.
    Like other jobs, you will get an interview via a phone call from the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a sales associate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied in September and did not get an interview until October. It was a group interview with 6 people. Some questions we went in a circle to answer and there were some where it was a free for all, answer or don't if you don't want to. In all it was a good experience, the managers were nice as well.

Interview Questions

• Choose an item you are wearing and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume to store manager, accepted it and was told to apply online. Got a call a few days later for a group interview. Took about 10-15 minutes. Was hired the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Edmonton, AB) in August 2014.

Interview

The manager was friendly she asked me 3 questions why do you want to work here? what is your availability ? basically she hired me on the spot. She was very out of blue after I applied, then she asked me if I could get there within hours of her call. It was a very rushed process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place (Scarborough, ON) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later. The interview wasn't hard, it was a group interview with me and one other girl. We just sat down with the manager and talked about our experience and why we're a good fit for the company, the usual stuff. Then the manager had the other girl and I go out on the floor to try our hands at working the storefront for a while. Overall the interview was easy and the manager made us feel very at ease.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to take the lead? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • You're in charge of greeting customers, a little boy is running around throwing clothes everywhere and a customer is at the same time asking for your help. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Applied online, got called a week after to set up interview, basic interview questions assessing my resume. Asked situational questions like, "How would you handle a situation where there's a child messing up the store, and his/her parents not responding, and you have to greet people entering the store?" (multitasking question).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Windsor, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Last minute interview it was just me with the manager and sales lead in the back stock room. Said they would contact me for another interview after speaking with the regional manager, but they never called.

Interview Questions

• very standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you ect.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the manager 2 days later. The interview wasn't nerve wracking as i thought it would be. She asked me about a time i recieved good customer service, why the stock room should always be organized, and a time when i had to solve a problem and how i did it. It was a fun interview and i got hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• Why should the stock room be organized and clean at all times?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place (Toronto, ON).

Interview

First I had to take an online test. It was mostly about what would you do in different situations with customers (customer service) as well as dealing with coworkers (job ethic). They don't give you the results. About a week later, I received a phone call for an interview. When I got there, The manager told me to spend 10 mins. on the floor to see how I deal with customers. Since I have experience in retail, it was easy for me to greet the customers, offer help, and just seem friendly. Once the 10 mins. were over, the manager asked me some questions about retail experience, etc. Then she told me that another manager was going to interview me and this time was more about merchandising. The interviews were the same day. One after the other. Then they told me to wait for a phone call. It took like a week or a little more. I received a phone call from them to discuss an offer of employment. They offer very little hours and don't guarantee a minimum of hours at all. I was told than I could be working around 20 to 25 hrs in high season and in low season as low as 2 hrs a week. Who could live with 2 hrs a week? And all the responsibilities they listed and told me that I was supposed to be having were way too much for the hours and the salary. I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: To be put out on the spot to take care of customers and sort of pretend I was actually working already. It wasn't difficult just a little uncomfortable since I didn't know what to answer to some customers about prices, sales, and merchandise. But not really difficult. They were mostly checking for customer service. Specially greeting the customers during the first few minutes.   Answer Question

1. Too little hours. 2. Many responsibilities for the salary and the hours given.