The Children's Place

Getting the Interview

80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2010.

Interview Details Was called in to have a group interview. We were just asked a bunch of questions and each of us took a turn to answer them. Following this, we were contacted via phone for a secondary interview, which was individual. This time, the questions were more about our availability, duties required during employment, etc.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Children's Place in June 2010.

Interview Details Had a group interview the employer that lasted around 35 minutes. We sat in a circle and he asked questions that everybody had to answer, so I tried to be as creative as possible, so to not repeat anyone's answer. Then I heard back from the employer a week or two later.

Interview Question – If your shift was over and you still had a huge pile of clothes left to fold, what would you do?   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call from the manager 2 days later. The interview wasn't nerve wracking as i thought it would be. She asked me about a time i recieved good customer service, why the stock room should always be organized, and a time when i had to solve a problem and how i did it. It was a fun interview and i got hired on the spot :)

Interview Question – Why should the stock room be organized and clean at all times?   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details First I had to take an online test. It was mostly about what would you do in different situations with customers (customer service) as well as dealing with coworkers (job ethic). They don't give you the results. About a week later, I received a phone call for an interview. When I got there, The manager told me to spend 10 mins. on the floor to see how I deal with customers. Since I have experience in retail, it was easy for me to greet the customers, offer help, and just seem friendly. Once the 10 mins. were over, the manager asked me some questions about retail experience, etc. Then she told me that another manager was going to interview me and this time was more about merchandising. The interviews were the same day. One after the other. Then they told me to wait for a phone call. It took like a week or a little more. I received a phone call from them to discuss an offer of employment. They offer very little hours and don't guarantee a minimum of hours at all. I was told than I could be working around 20 to 25 hrs in high season and in low season as low as 2 hrs a week. Who could live with 2 hrs a week? And all the responsibilities they listed and told me that I was supposed to be having were way too much for the hours and the salary. I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Question – Unexpected: To be put out on the spot to take care of customers and sort of pretend I was actually working already. It wasn't difficult just a little uncomfortable since I didn't know what to answer to some customers about prices, sales, and merchandise. But not really difficult. They were mostly checking for customer service. Specially greeting the customers during the first few minutes.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 1. Too little hours. 2. Many responsibilities for the salary and the hours given.

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in August 2012.

Interview Details They called me 2 weeks after I submitted my application online. The interview was really easy. It was a group interview, asked the basic questions and lasted about 10 minutes. I got the call the next day.

Interview Question – Advertise a piece of clothing.   Answer Question

Port Arthur, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in January 2014.

Interview Details Questions on you previous employment and reasons for leaving them. Scheduling concerns

Interview Question – Selling yourself to the manager   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Really simple interview, was sat down with a group of applicants and pretty much chatted about past work experience.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details One interview, heard back within days, very typical questions

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details The interview was pretty standard. Just basic questions about my experience in retail and questions on how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – All questions were standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Filled out application online. Heard back about 3 months later. It had been so long I had forgot about them. Was a group interview first with the Assistant Manger. She asked the basic questions. Then the Store Manager came out and hired us all on the spot. Wasn't put on the schedule till 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees and interview candidates.