The Children's Place

Updated 4 Nov, 2014

1.9

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied in September and did not get an interview until October. It was a group interview with 6 people. Some questions we went in a circle to answer and there were some where it was a free for all, answer or don't if you don't want to. In all it was a good experience, the managers were nice as well.

Interview Questions
  • Choose an item you are wearing and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Submitted resume to store manager, accepted it and was told to apply online. Got a call a few days later for a group interview. Took about 10-15 minutes. Was hired the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a week later. The interview wasn't hard, it was a group interview with me and one other girl. We just sat down with the manager and talked about our experience and why we're a good fit for the company, the usual stuff. Then the manager had the other girl and I go out on the floor to try our hands at working the storefront for a while. Overall the interview was easy and the manager made us feel very at ease.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to take the lead? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • You're in charge of greeting customers, a little boy is running around throwing clothes everywhere and a customer is at the same time asking for your help. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online, got called a week after to set up interview, basic interview questions assessing my resume. Asked situational questions like, "How would you handle a situation where there's a child messing up the store, and his/her parents not responding, and you have to greet people entering the store?" (multitasking question).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place in March 2014.

Last minute interview it was just me with the manager and sales lead in the back stock room. Said they would contact me for another interview after speaking with the regional manager, but they never called.

Interview Questions
    • very standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online and got a call from the manager 2 days later. The interview wasn't nerve wracking as i thought it would be. She asked me about a time i recieved good customer service, why the stock room should always be organized, and a time when i had to solve a problem and how i did it. It was a fun interview and i got hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions
    • Why should the stock room be organized and clean at all times?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

First I had to take an online test. It was mostly about what would you do in different situations with customers (customer service) as well as dealing with coworkers (job ethic). They don't give you the results. About a week later, I received a phone call for an interview. When I got there, The manager told me to spend 10 mins. on the floor to see how I deal with customers. Since I have experience in retail, it was easy for me to greet the customers, offer help, and just seem friendly. Once the 10 mins. were over, the manager asked me some questions about retail experience, etc. Then she told me that another manager was going to interview me and this time was more about merchandising. The interviews were the same day. One after the other. Then they told me to wait for a phone call. It took like a week or a little more. I received a phone call from them to discuss an offer of employment. They offer very little hours and don't guarantee a minimum of hours at all. I was told than I could be working around 20 to 25 hrs in high season and in low season as low as 2 hrs a week. Who could live with 2 hrs a week? And all the responsibilities they listed and told me that I was supposed to be having were way too much for the hours and the salary. I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: To be put out on the spot to take care of customers and sort of pretend I was actually working already. It wasn't difficult just a little uncomfortable since I didn't know what to answer to some customers about prices, sales, and merchandise. But not really difficult. They were mostly checking for customer service. Specially greeting the customers during the first few minutes.   Answer Question

1. Too little hours. 2. Many responsibilities for the salary and the hours given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in August 2012.

They called me 2 weeks after I submitted my application online. The interview was really easy. It was a group interview, asked the basic questions and lasted about 10 minutes. I got the call the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Place in June 2010.

Had a group interview the employer that lasted around 35 minutes. We sat in a circle and he asked questions that everybody had to answer, so I tried to be as creative as possible, so to not repeat anyone's answer. Then I heard back from the employer a week or two later.

Interview Questions
    • If your shift was over and you still had a huge pile of clothes left to fold, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in March 2010.

Was called in to have a group interview. We were just asked a bunch of questions and each of us took a turn to answer them. Following this, we were contacted via phone for a secondary interview, which was individual. This time, the questions were more about our availability, duties required during employment, etc.