The Children's Place

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Applied online, got called a week after to set up interview, basic interview questions assessing my resume. Asked situational questions like, "How would you handle a situation where there's a child messing up the store, and his/her parents not responding, and you have to greet people entering the store?" (multitasking question).

Interview Question – Multitasking question   Answer Question

Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2014.

Interview Details Last minute interview it was just me with the manager and sales lead in the back stock room. Said they would contact me for another interview after speaking with the regional manager, but they never called.

Interview Question – very standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you ect.   Answer Question

Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2010.

Interview Details Was called in to have a group interview. We were just asked a bunch of questions and each of us took a turn to answer them. Following this, we were contacted via phone for a secondary interview, which was individual. This time, the questions were more about our availability, duties required during employment, etc.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Children's Place in June 2010.

Interview Details Had a group interview the employer that lasted around 35 minutes. We sat in a circle and he asked questions that everybody had to answer, so I tried to be as creative as possible, so to not repeat anyone's answer. Then I heard back from the employer a week or two later.

Interview Question – If your shift was over and you still had a huge pile of clothes left to fold, what would you do?   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call from the manager 2 days later. The interview wasn't nerve wracking as i thought it would be. She asked me about a time i recieved good customer service, why the stock room should always be organized, and a time when i had to solve a problem and how i did it. It was a fun interview and i got hired on the spot :)

Interview Question – Why should the stock room be organized and clean at all times?   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details First I had to take an online test. It was mostly about what would you do in different situations with customers (customer service) as well as dealing with coworkers (job ethic). They don't give you the results. About a week later, I received a phone call for an interview. When I got there, The manager told me to spend 10 mins. on the floor to see how I deal with customers. Since I have experience in retail, it was easy for me to greet the customers, offer help, and just seem friendly. Once the 10 mins. were over, the manager asked me some questions about retail experience, etc. Then she told me that another manager was going to interview me and this time was more about merchandising. The interviews were the same day. One after the other. Then they told me to wait for a phone call. It took like a week or a little more. I received a phone call from them to discuss an offer of employment. They offer very little hours and don't guarantee a minimum of hours at all. I was told than I could be working around 20 to 25 hrs in high season and in low season as low as 2 hrs a week. Who could live with 2 hrs a week? And all the responsibilities they listed and told me that I was supposed to be having were way too much for the hours and the salary. I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Question – Unexpected: To be put out on the spot to take care of customers and sort of pretend I was actually working already. It wasn't difficult just a little uncomfortable since I didn't know what to answer to some customers about prices, sales, and merchandise. But not really difficult. They were mostly checking for customer service. Specially greeting the customers during the first few minutes.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 1. Too little hours. 2. Many responsibilities for the salary and the hours given.

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in August 2012.

Interview Details They called me 2 weeks after I submitted my application online. The interview was really easy. It was a group interview, asked the basic questions and lasted about 10 minutes. I got the call the next day.

Interview Question – Advertise a piece of clothing.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Question – Why the children's place   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in December 2011.

Interview Details Called for an interview around Christmas time for holiday help, asked me to come in around 1 pm later in the week. I showed up a little early so I waited until the managers interviewing me were available. They asked me very basic questions about my job experience and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Question – Nothing truly unexpected, it was very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really available

Manhattan, KS (US)

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted via my cell phone the next day, the manager called me she told me to come next Monday and she was really nice and friendly, then few moments later she told me I'm sorry Monday is a holiday so let's reschedule it on Tuesday, and at first i didn't know where exactly is the children's place and from how nice the manager was she actually told me just come to the mall and I'll send someone to get you which was amazing, then i arrived on tuesday 10 minutes before the interview I met the assistant manager she was surprised she didn't know there was an interview and the manager was on holiday which was a little bit unprofessional i told her if she wants me to come back another day she said no come on in, she was really really nice too, the interview was very friendly i didn't feel like i was doing an interview at all, the assitant told me to call the manager next week, when I did she said I'm sorry we had to go with other candidates, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – NO DIFFICULT QUESTIONS AT ALL.   Answer Question

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!