Texas Instruments

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

Facilities Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Got an interview through on campus recruiting and got interviewed the next day. Interview was mostly behavioral questions with one technical question lasting about 25 mins. They sent out an email about 1 week later notifying of offer.

Interview Questions
    • One question was asked dealing with HVAC in a building.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

For a new hire, I followed these steps: the on-campus interview, followed by a phone interview when I passed the first hurdle, which then finalized with a flight to Dallas for an on-site interview. The on-site interview involved two separated interview sessions (with 2-man interview teams), a technical presentation to four different people, and also this critical thinking project that they group four of us interviewees to complete together. I was also fed lunch, and got a quick tour of one of the TI manufacturing facilities.

Hiring-wise, I received an offer phone call within days of my final interview session.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation - but offer for a newly hired graduate was very nice, especially with the benefits.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

It was very professional and organized. I had a phone interview with two of the head project managers. They asked soft skill questions; very generic. They were very nice and straight to the point. Then about a week later, I got an email from one of the interviewers asking to come on site for a face-to-face interview. I met with another project manager and she asked behavioral questions. She also asked about situational questions. I really enjoyed talking to her. Very sweet and smart. Then talked to another business analyst about in depth of the position and then talked to one of the two first phone interviewers face to face. Though I did not make the final cut, it was overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • very generic questions. there were questions of "what if you were in this situation...."   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

The process consisted of 3 interviews. The first was 30 minutes on campus after a career fair. The interviewer asked me to draw a block diagram for a system I've built before. He also asked about challenges I've faced throughout college and how I dealt with them. The second is a 1 hour webcam interview. The interviewer asked more behavioral questions similar to the first interview. For the third and final interview I was flown in to TI Dallas headquarters for a social dinner with other candidates and current members of the rotation program. The next day I attended a campus tour and two back-to-back interviews. For these I presented a project I had done before and was asked additional behavioral and technical questions. These technical questions are based on your project so don't expect to derive Maxwell's equations. Others have had to build different configurations of Op Amps or describe a Bode plot. I guess I was lucky.

Interview Questions
    • You must have good examples of work that you have done in teams. That is ALL they care about. Technical knowledge can be taught. Do not be afraid to admit you or your team's failures.   Answer Question

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

I applied through a career fair hosted by my University. They matched me up with this position based on my previous experiences and gave me an on-site interview the next day on the spot. The interview was almost entirely behavioral. My interviewer only gave me a very basic digital logic and RC circuit question. Afterwards, he asked me to explain about my experiences on my resume and multiple behavioral questions. The interviewer and recruiters were very friendly; probably the most friendly recruiters I have talked to the whole career fair. The process is a two step process where I was interviewed on-site and then I would be given a phone call to set up a virtual interview if they liked me as a candidate.

After around 2 months, I was called to proceed on to the final round. I am supposed to be interviewed by 2 product engineers over a virtual interview. I am expected to also prepare a 10-15 minute long presentation of an engineering topic/experience that I was apart of and describe my role and outcome of this project.

Product Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

I applied online and got an on campus interview where we covered my resume and they asked one non technical but tricky thinking-out-of-the-box type question.

I later got invited to a two day on site interview. There was a tour and a presentation before the interviews. There were two 30 minute panel interviews, involving the typical questions on work experience and then some simple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The trick question was thus: given an array of 100 ints from 0 to 100 where each number (besides 1) appears once, write psudocode to find the missing number.

The technical questions were quite simple. One was describe how current through a diode will react as the junction temperature is increased.

View Answer
    I declined the offer without negotiating, as I was given a better offer by another company.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

On campus screening for personality, past projects, quick question on lowpass filter. Give a 10 minute presentation on a technical subject. Then, questions on situations you've been in, how you solve problems. Then technical questions, what you know.

Interview Questions
    • What is a differentiator in the Laplace domain?   View Answer
    • What is transconductance, gm, of a mosfet transistor?   Answer Question
    • What half plane are poles in to maintain stability?   View Answer
    • Do zeros affect stability?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Rotation Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

Applied online after attending a on conference where they were hiring for mostly hardware engineering stuff. After applying, I received an email via HireVue asking me to answer a few questions and record my responses. Shortly after, I received another email asking for my availability in order to schedule a 1 hour interview with a manager from California. The next day, I received a call where they wanted to fly me out to dallas, tx for the final interview. They wanted me to prepare a 10 minute presentation describing a technical project I worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based on my project. I had 2 one-hour interviews with 2 people each. One asked me to derive the transfer function for a circuit that he designed while I was presenting. The other group asked me to solve an equation that they had on the board.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2014.

I first had an online interview where a basic behavioral question would pop up on the screen and I would have a short amount of time to formulate an answer, then it would video record my response for 2 minutes. A few days later I got an email inviting me to visit headquarters for an on-site interview. They paid to fly me out and put me up in a hotel (The Westin) for a night. The first night we had a casual dinner with the applicants and the interviewers at a restaurant so we could meet and ask questions in an informal setting. This eased my nerves and got me more excited for my interview the following day. The next morning we met with one of the VPs for breakfast and an info session about the company, the HR department, and the internship and rotational programs. It was another opportunity to get questions answered and learn about the position more prior to interviewing. We then split up and each candidate had 2 interviews. My first was with a panel of 2 interviewers while my second was with just 1. These were very conversational, STAR questions where you could work in examples from previous experience. As well as general interest questions like Why TI? Why HR? What functions within HR are you most interested in? etc. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. Following the interviews we had a lunch with employees currently participating in the HR Rotational program. Some had been interns previously, some had not, but it was a good opportunity to have exposure to the kinds of people we would be working with if hired and to get questions answered in a casual setting. Following this, we took a bus tour of Dallas. This was awesome because I had never seen the city before and was apprehensive about how I would like it. They showed us where most employees live, popular spots to hang out like restaurants and bars, parks, museums, etc. TI really went above and beyond to give us a full view of not only what its like to be an employee of TI but also what it is like to be a resident of Dallas. I wasn't sure if this internship would be right for me prior to my visit but left Dallas excited and dying to work for TI. Overall, it was a wonderful and exciting experience.

Interview Questions
    • As a finance major, how do you think you're classes and previous experiences will translate to human resources.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

It starts with two exams. First is a personal one. Essay type regarding greatest strengths and weakness, 5-years-from-now, biggest mistake, most difficult problem, etc. The second is technical. Analogy, some english, basic math but no calculators allowed, accounting, arrange the parts according to the number assigned, electronics. Then when you pass it, HR interview. About your answers in the first exam and some discussions. Then an interview with a future colleague. technical interview but probably lighter than the manager. They were friendly, by the way. I'm up for another interview, with the manager this time.