Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2007.

Interview Details I was contacted through my University to do the interview. Overall, the company seemed very organized and willing to help considering there was a mix up with the phone number to call for the interview. They asked fair questions and when talking about the company made it seem like a great place to work. Depending on the job position, be prepared for general programming and design questions.

Interview Question – How would you write an efficient data structure that would represent a deck of cards.   View Answers (2)

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email for a phone interview two weeks later. Had to do a 10 min presentation on a topic or project of your choice to two managers during the phone interview which lasted more than an hour.

Afterwards, got a call a week later for an on-site interview. All expenses were paid for i.e. flight, hotel, rental car, etc. We had dinner with some engineers who are already in the rotation program. The next morning, two one hour interviews were scheduled for each person. My first interview consisted of two managers. I presented the same project from my phone interview. Afterwards, many technical questions were asked. A white board is in every interview room so you're able to draw any diagram or write anything on the board. The second interview consisted of three managers. After presenting my project again, they seemed more interested in behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and made the interview process enjoyable.

Interview Question – Design a smoke detector and basic analog questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details I applied online and got an e-mail to answer some behavioral questions through webcam. Couple days after, I got a call for an interview where I have to give a 3-5 slide presentation on a project that I worked on.

After the presentation I didn't hear back for two weeks so when I contacted the HR first, he suggested if I was interested in other positions. I said yes but he hasn't replied since then.

Interview Question – Just questions about the project and if I considered any other options.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details I stopped by the booth at my university's career fair and spoke to an engineer for a bit. He invited me to an interview on campus the next day where he gave me circuits questions. They were pretty standard and basic such as RC equations and transfer functions. After that, I was invited to do a 1 hr presentation to 2 people about a project I did. The presentation was more like a walk through where they asked me questions about the project as I went through the slides. They were all technical questions for the most part about the project, so you better know your project well. However, my project was an analog amplifier and both the interviewers were digital guys, so they didn't really have a lot of hard questions. I passed, and they invited me down to Texas. They paid for the hotel, airplane, etc which was cool. The first night at the hotel you go through a presentation with some of the engineers where you drink a bit and relax. After, you head out to a restaurant. The next morning, I went in for 2 interviews. Each interview was with 3 people. The first interview, they asked me mostly behavioral questions. I feel like they were not satisfied with my responses, considering they let me do most of the talking. The next group of people, kind of treated me like crap. For these interviews, you do your presentation in person that you did over the phone. They kept interrupting me and asking questions that were relevant to the slide that I talked about like 6 slides ago. They asked me technical questions too.

Interview Question – Too long ago, forgot honestly. They asked me about IIR filters and how to choose where to place the zeros and poles for types of filters.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2010.

Interview Details I interviewed for the rotational program a while back. I hear its now 50-50 technical vs behavioral questions vs all behavioral when I interviewed a few years ago. You are graded more on your ability to communicate (for rotation program only) and how well you handle extreme situations

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you have lead a team of collegues/engineers on a project or had significant input on a project and it failed. Why did it fail and how did you go about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated 2x AFTER my offers had expired. If they want you as an employee, they will let you negotiate a bit.

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details Team interview + HR + manager

Interview Question – answer to a case study   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Interview Details Got an internship through the college fair and converted it to full time job offer. Interview was simple dealing mainly with projects and no yahoo questions..

Interview Question – Questions were related to the projects.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details Met with TI at an on campus career fair. Had a basic 30 minute interview with one of the engineering recruiters the following day. There weren't any technical questions during that interview. Mostly going over resume, and the recruiter seeing if you can handle answering questions and making eye contact. Then had a phone interview with an online presentation through WebEx. I was told ahead of time to present a quick 10-15 min presentation about a technical project that I've done in the past (could be from anything: internship, class laboratory, hobby, etc.) Make sure you know every single detail about what you're presenting because if it's something you're slightly unsure about that engineer interviewing you will see through it right away. If you pass that interview, the next step is for them to fly you out to Dallas, TX and have an on-site interview. However, I didn't make it that far.

Interview Question – Can't quite remember now. It was something about the project I was presenting about.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2013.

Interview Details Straightforward process: on campus interview, phone interview, and on-site interviews. Managers don`t purposely put you under the pressure, they just need to know who you are and why you want to work for the company. If you can present yourself well and know EE fundamentals, there shouldn`t be any problem. Great company, where employees love their work (most important point for me).

Interview Question – How did you prepare for the interview (I was in the middle of Finals so I didn`t prepare at all).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great offer, no negotiation.

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume through campus career fair, got the interview notification the second day. The interviewer asked me some behavior questions such as "what do you know about ti" "why do you want to join TI." They also asked about the TA experiences. Such as what you learned from your TA work. If you found an error in you notes at class, how do you handle it.

Interview Question – I am asked about how I learned DSP.   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!