Temple-Inland Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Temple-Inland

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Temple-Inland in July 2010.

The first thing I did was talk to the HR manager. She took me to a room where she gave me a skills test. The test was pretty in depth and detailed with various event and things from the maintenance field. After that was complete I left. Once they get the scores I was called to return for an interview. This was with the plant manager and I was walked through the plant and introduced to a few of the maintenance personnel. After that we talked about starting pay and benefits and when I could start.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

General background questions, good interviewer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple-Inland in May 2010.

I contacted an HR person when I heard of the job opening. I was then emailed and called to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview they called me back and invited me to an interview at their HQ. I then interviewed with members of the team I would be working with and someone from HR. The people seemed nice but I wasn't impressed with the caliber of employees or work.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work do you expect to be doing for our company?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Temple-Inland in July 2009.

My resume was picked out of the blue from Monster and I was contacted by both the director for the position and one of their HR professionals. After playing phone tag for a couple of weeks we scheduled an interview. The interview was going to be with the director and one of his managers at a local restaurant.

On the phone and in person the gentleman was pleasant and appeared to have good people skills.

In meeting them, they seemed to have a good sense of the type of work that I do and asked a lot of behavioral questions related to techniques used in my profession.

While asking questions, I inquired about promotion potential and the general reality of upward mobility in the organization. When they responded, in detail, about the lack of upward mobility I pretty much lost all interest in the position.

Overall, the company seemed like it might be a good place to work for and the gentlemen that I talked with had good heads on their shoulders.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you that I wouldn't see on your resume.   View Answer

IS&T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple-Inland in January 2008.

I was given 2 interviews first was with Team lead the second was with both. Questions asked were technical on the first second involed more about the company

Interview Questions
    • sort of pointless ot post a technical question since each job is unique   View Answer
    I was unable to negociate. the hiring process is very long the CEO has to sign off on all employment applications