Telefónica Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2014
36 interviews

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Short time schedule for interviews and no structured ones. Lots of interviews and little information about how to follow up for future or previous interviews.

Planning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in December 2012.

I had sever interviews. I had two with HR and two with the department manager. It was a long period for hiring me because I was interviewed for two different positions. The human resources interviewer was a nice person that was helping me on anything through the whole process. It was a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Actually I think there wasn't unexpected about the interview. All the questions were ok   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Met with two managers who asked questions and made a decision to hire or not. I then was interviewed by HR, but only to make certain salary was acceptable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

external screening, then AC

none

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in March 2014.

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
        Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Telefónica.

Applied for a position online and then didn't hear back from them until after almost 3 moths. I did online tests and was invited to a video interview. These were mainly competency based questions - nothing unexpected. Then I as invited to AC where we were asked to do group exercise and had 1 to 1 interview with someone from Finance team at Telefonica.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the time when you had to use your creative thinking to solve a problem   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Thorough process

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Telefónica.

I made contact with a senior manager who interviewed me. The initial meeting was positive and we both agreed that my skills and experiences could best be employed with another team. I was given the name of a Senior Recruitment Advisor and advised to contact them which I did by email with telephone follow-up.

Days turned into weeks and then into months and she did not respond! No guidance. No rejection or invitation to further interview. No response even when I asked the senior manager to remind her!

I guess that Telefonica is wrapped up in bureaucracy with people unable to make qualified decisions without the involvement of a committee.

What could have been a professional interview and selection procedure has left me disappointed in Telefonica. I am confident that they have lost a strong candidate!

Interview Questions
    • Be wary of Telefonica Recruitment's lack of responsiveness!   View Answer

Data Analytics Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests were intensive and varied, followed by a video interview. This was a fair assessment and although unfamiliar I think gives the candidate the chance to think whilst answering questions. This was followed by a full day assessment centre including interview, individual and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview varied greatly from person to person and I think the company tried hard to let you do your best. They are looking for your strengths rather than trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in August 2013.

Applied online. Passed the telephone interview. Telephone interview was CV based and some behavioural questions. Invited for face to face interview. Asked to prepare a document for the interview, which for first instance seems to be very unusual. The interview lasted one and half hour, some technical and behavioural questions. The interviewer was not well prepared for the interview. Did not make any notes, just ask some random questions ( whatever comes to mind first). I thought the interview went well. But no offer was made. They still looking for Mr Perfect for the role. Travel Expense was not paid.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write a technical specification for one of their product, which was yet to be invented   View Answer

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!