Technicolor Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014
Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.9

Post Production Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor in February 2008.

Interview is done with HR, who is not well informed with the company infro-structure. A firm offer is given.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor.

Similar to what it should be. Nothing extraordinary to report here regards to communication to candidates.
    The ones who are on hold for some reason should be regularly contacted to maintain their interest in the company. Key issues that a candidate wants to be noted should be re-emphasized during the interview process i.e. a candidate must ensure that emphasis on matters like work timings, compensation, personal issues must be clearly mentioned at all levels of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If one is coming from same vertical give special attention when you're asked as to why do you want to leave your current employer if any.   View Answers (2)
    One states what one wants and they will get back with the offer. Not much room to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor.

basic skill test was given. technical round was given on the same day. was happy that they dint ask me to come on some other day just for technical round. thought that they are fast enough.

Internship In Computer Vision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannover (Germany)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Technicolor.

I applied through my university internship portal. They contacted me via E-mail and agreed to have an interview using Skype.
    During this interview, we spent time speaking about my studies and projects, as well as the previous internship I had.
    I had a few questions about probabilities, which were very easy.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor.

Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor in January 2014.

Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   View Answer

Director, IT Interview

As is typical, meetings with HR first, then hiring manager, then others. Not necessarily structured interviews. On the Technicolor side, they will share relevant details about the job, the company, etc. - expect good and honest answers to your questions. Phone interviews are likely as the company is spread out over multiple countries. They won't likely fly you somewhere for an interview unless it's necessary and you're a finalist.

Interview Questions
    • Anything is possible - with me, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Tough interview cycle. A couple full day interviews with a lot of tough questions.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Technicolor.

Original position was for a supervisor. This entailed a phone interview with HR, a one on one interview with HR and a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic background and experience based. Examples were requested.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with with HR. Minimal flexibility was exhibited.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor.

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions
    • Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation