Teach for America

Updated 2 Mar, 2015
Updated 2 Mar, 2015

3.5

Corps Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teach for America.

Disliked phone interview, interrogation style. Final, in person interview was filled with group activities. I enjoyed the micro teach, but the group work was chaotic. There were about 15 people interviewing and everyone was trying to talk over one another. After I got the offer, I literally was called three times a day. They can be incredibly aggressive and this attitude ultimately made me not accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview: Asked extreme detail about of my previous jobs. A lot of how I felt and why I reacted that way.   Answer Question

Incredibly aggressive recruitment technique. I did not feel respected and got some bad vibes.

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Corps Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

The interview process is very thorough. There are many rounds to go through, I would say with increasing difficulty. They are looking for a well-rounded individual and someone who is passionate about TFA's mission. It helps if you're from a disadvantaged background because it gives you a personal connection with the issue.

Corps Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teach for America.

Got contacted by on-campus recruiter and was told to apply. I applied, didn't have to do a phone interview, and was moved on to the final interview. The final interview was in group format and they gave us a scenario to discuss and a quick 5 minute teaching lesson. After that, we had one on one interviews with our group interview facilitators.

Interview Questions

I felt like I wanted to do something else with my career projectile and if I didn't have a great passion for TFA after the interview process then I probably shouldn't waste their time by not putting my all into being a corps member.

Corps Member Interview

Interview process took over a month, but it was a great experience. You get to learn about the organization and how you can make an impact. Make sure you express your passion and be involved in the group portion of the interview. Be confident and you will do well!

Corps Member Interview

First step is application, basic information and then 3 questions. If you advance, there is a phone interview which they ask you basic experience and education. If advance after that, you will have a final interview day consisting of a 5 minute lesson plan, group discussion, and additional interview. Be creative for class lesson

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in December 2014.

sample teach, group interview, solo interview. The interview took about 3 hours with two interviewers, and about 12 other applicants. The environment was very casual, and applicants had to both act as teachers for their lessons and students for the other lessons. About half the applicants were from my university, and the other half were adults from the area.

Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in December 2014.

Completed an online application. Then got selected for a phone interview where I was asked basic questions regarding my answers on the online application. About a week after the phone interview, I was notified that I got a final in-person interview. My interview took place virtually. It was broken up into group activities, teaching simulation, and one-on-one interview.

Corps Member Interview

Began with an online interview, and was then invited to a phone interview. The recruiting manager of my area was very involved with my whole application, and we had a phone meeting as well as an online group meeting for the people who had been invited for phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I would say about 80% of the interview questions were about one activity that I had listed on my resume (i.e., Tell me about a time that you faced adversity.. in the context of ___.)   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

You apply online then you may be selected to a phone interview. Then you may be selected to the inperson group interview. I didnt get past the phone interview, though I hit t off with my interviewer. It's understandable--I know the interviewers don't have power over who can move on or not just because you had a great conversation. It was a behavioral interview, so be prepared for that. They really look for leaders and people who overcome hard situations who are good problem solvers and multitaskers.

Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America.

Pretty intense process. First an online application then a phone interview, and if you make it past the phone interview you will have a final interview that includes a lesson plan presentation, one-one and group interview, and role-playing

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Found most of them on glassdoor. Just do your research   Answer Question