Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
2,106 Interview Reviews

2.8

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

campus placement. two rounds
    1,aptitude round: 30 questions with negative marking starred questions need to handled carefully as they have two marks and 2/3rd negative marking. other questions have 1 mark and 1/3rd negative marking respectively.

2, hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is the connection link between your laptop and google's server when you access the internet?   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

SE Interview

pleasant and simple process. got call for joining within a week of interview. interview was having one technical, one managerial and one hr round. was easy o crack. HR were helpful.

Assistant Software Engineer (ASE) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

TCS had visited our college for Campus recruitment.It was a crowd of 400 and i was selected one among the. The hiring process consists of 4 rounds i.e. Aptitude, technical ,managerial and Hr round

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2012.

It was through my campus selection. I had a written test which consists of aptitude followed by tech round and hr round. The written test consists of problems on trains and boats, sequences do a google search on questions for tcs written and you would get all the questions.

Technical Round:
    questions on sorting -- asked to write code for qucik sort and which sorting technique do you think is the best one.
    write a program to check for palindrom.
    Lot of questions on the project that i put on my resume.

HR:
    tell me about your self.
    wat is your favorite subject. i told math next set of questions from probability,
    wat is ur greatest achievement.

Interview Questions
    • I was able to answer all the question related to tech. They were simple - sorting, questions related to project and other general stuff.
      Hr asked my your favorite sub. I said Math and then he asked my questions on probability which i could not answer
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2014.

The 1st round was written-30 questions. Students who cleared 18 qualified for the (tech+hr)round next day.The entire process was very long and the management was also not good. had a nice experience.it is very easy to get through.hr round asks some basic questions like to introde yourself.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2014.

1 st round was aptitude . after that they call for interview to shortlisted candidates . there were 2 rounds.
    1.technical 2.MR +HR .In technical round they asked me about my project. my interesting field and then some fundamentals of C.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2011.

HR tried to project that interviewee is not worth the job once the jobs are occupied by other interviewees.There are many panels for interview some are specifically allocated for rejecting the applicants

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

interview was good and easy. normal technical question with one of the team member followed by telephonic round with project manager and then hr round all went smooth but i need to change my project after joining.

yes but got only 10 percent hike from my current salary

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2010.

It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.It depends on the project you are in. It will be good overall.   Answer Question
    I got placed as part of campus placements.So negotiation is not possible.