Tata Consultancy Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Computer Systems Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details Technical Interview conducted on phone twice. Then Managerial round and HR round over the phone. No other rounds, no aptitude. Negotiate in HR round as much as possible. Manager round is just for process completion.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2010.

Interview Details I was hired as a fresher in this company. The interview consists of a written test followed by Technical and HR Interview. Written test was simple. Technical round depends totally only the interviewer. In my case it was little Difficult and HR basically tests your attitude towards work.

Interview Question – what is a global variable   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details On Campus and Off campus hiring with an online test consists of puzzles and logical questions. If applying on campus they have a criteria of skipping Online test for top 5 rankers from the department. and Technical interview

Negotiation Details – NA

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details 3 Steps
1)Aptitude test, Technical,HR

In Aptitude test->Only basic questions

Technical Interview->They will ask only basics
easy written test and the interview was not that much technical. All you have to do is say something and not sit quietly if you don't know just say i don't know or answer anything even if it is wrong

Interview Question – No Difficulties,   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2014.

Interview Details Pune Aug 2014 TCS Walkin for ASP.NET MVC WCF. Surprisingly, they interviewed me on WPF as I have exposure on WPF too. Interview registration started at 10 AM, and interview panle started aroung 11 AM. Forst round was going on at least 6 PM, if not more; as I left the office that time.

Interview Question – Asked WCF Contract related a scenario that I Could not understand   View Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Bhubaneswar (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

Interview Details 1 Written Technical round. 1 Technical Interview and 1 HR Interview. The technical round was a prometric type computer based testing system in which there were 4 segments with 12 questions each. first 3 segments were geeral aptitude. 4th one was technical. Technical interview was upfront and short. Questions about the final ear project and basics of java and c++ and SQL was asked. HR interview started with questions about aspirations and ended in expectations. Overall the Personal interview round lasted a good full hour.

Interview Question – Is the size of stream preload buffer universal ?   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview
Technical round
Managerial round
HR round

The interview process was so smooth.
I have received a mail from one of their HRs about an opening. I have sent my resume to the HR and received a confirmation mail from him that the profile got shortlisted and he has asked me to attend face to face interview and has communicated to me the interview time and venue after consulting with me about my freetime.

I reached the venue on time and everything has gone super smooth.

Tech round has happened with 2 technical persons in the panel.
I have cleared that round and was asked to wait for the Managerial round.

Managerial round is just to know about your thought process and your real time experience.
Manager was so dignified and he has spoken so smoothly and also has great patience to hear out what we say.

The Manager has signed on a paper on the spot, letting me know of my success in the interview and has asked to go meet HR for package negotiation.

HR round has also happened the same day and the package was satisfactory.

The entire process above was completed in a matter of 5 hours.

Interview Question – Your profile seems to be comprising of 80% of production support experience.
What we need is a hardcore developer and one who is productive from day 1.
How do you think you would justify the job, given the offer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What they offered was quite satisfactory and I have negotiated and have demanded a little more.

I guess they would've given even if I demanded more.

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Applied through college campus!
There were 2 aptitudes.
1st- Normal Aptitude, Maths and Logical.
2nd- Email writing
After that, There were 3 interview rounds, technical, MR and HR. In technical they asked all about my projects, and simply 1 or 2 DBMS questions. In next round they asked me about my hobbies and strengths and weaknesses. In HR they merely asked about relocation compatibility.

Interview Question – They asked if U were to explain Big Data and Hadoop technology to a lame person, how would U do it?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Brahmapur (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2012.

Interview Details Its an off campus drive .
It had been a Three round process.
1. written test
2. Technical interview
3. HR
Written test is all about general aptitude,quantitative aptitude and some reasoning .
Technical Round is all about your some knowledge on basic study and your project details

Interview Question – Generally they are from your academic projects   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ASE Trainee Interview

ASE Trainee

Interview Details Topped don't need a test, just an interview is conducted which is fairly easy. There aren't any technical stuffs asked; even the guys sitting in TCS bench come to conduct the interviews. So, you can guess the level of the interview. The mainly ask noob HR questions...

Interview Question – easy!!!!   Answer Question