Tata Consultancy Services

Very Easy Interview

Developer Interview

Developer
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2010.

Interview Details Three rounds or sometimes time only two rounds. People who interview may not experienced but sometimes technical. If you are technically fit, then you will get the package you asked for.

Negotiation Details – Look for your role. Ask for higher role so you will get better increment.

Easy Interview, Friendly Recruiter Interview

Easy Interview, Friendly Recruiter

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details I was recruited from the campus,. The Hiring process included first round apti test, followed by one round of interview.
The face to face interview was done in a campus pool setting. There were two interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2012.

Interview Details They conducted four rounds of an interview. First round was the written Test related to education field. The second round was HR round and . Third round was Technical round and last round was the Manager Round.

Interview Question – All questions which they were asked related to master subject.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details telephonic, got a call from the technical person from TCS and took the interview for almost an hour and asked about my current project roles and responsibilities and asked about the location and explained about their project requirements and then asked the questions

Interview Question – asked about design pattern, structs workflow, basic core java questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2014.

Interview Details Received the mail from the HR.
Then applied it, by mail.
Got the call from HR next day.
Fill the online form.

then at interview location,
1. Registration (long process)
2. Interview (not mentioned about the telephonic).
3. Manager
4. HR

Interview Held in pune.

Interview Question – The technology which i never mentioned and worked on.   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details After a first contact they scheduled an interview with the Team Leader and the Project Manager. I must say only the recruiter left a positive impression: she was professional, polite and provided all the requested information about salary, bonus, etc. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the others. The Team Leader was expected to provide more information about the job position but totally skipped this part and focused only on what she was interested in - testing the analytical skills. They asked me to analyse some charts and but it was not clear what they actually wanted to hear. Questions are vague, pointless and there is not even a unique, valid answer (more details below). Finally, the Project Manager: she was hasty and unpolite, gave me the feeling she was taking the interview only because she had to, showing a total dissatisfaction to her job and a significative lack of basic social skills. I still don't know the result of my application but if I get an offer, I will kindly decline since I have no interest in spending 8 hours a day in a working environment that do not promise anything good.

Interview Question – During the so-called "technical" interview they show you some charts and make some vague questions that do not imply a single, correct answer. The problem is that they behave like you could be able to take all the possible decisions just looking at that chart and that's simply wrong. For example they showed me a segmentation chart and generally asked me to say in what product I would have suggested the client to invest all its money for an advertising campaign. How can you answer a question of this kind without having addictional information about the criteria / client's goals / etc.? Do the client want to defend the current market share? Do the client want to push the bad-performing products? No one knows. Probably not even Tata, I assume...   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I still don't know if I will get an offer. If so, after these interviews, I will surely decline - the showed the worst a company could show to a candidate.

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details Three steps for Hiring process : 1. Basic aptitude Written test ; 2. Technical round ; 3. HR round
Overall this is easy and smooth process. No stress and emphasize on technical. They will check 5 TCS values in your personality.

Interview Question – Be serious if they ask about : what do you know about TCS. Its not a semi government kind of company that you could accidentally or bluntly say to them. interview will be easy checking more about personal aspects instead of technical aspects   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details had a first round interview with a HR who was more into checking my communication skills and experience. then had to meet unit level manager and was asking technical round questions. finally had to meet the unit head to decide on the result.

Interview Question – the reason for leaving the current company and how long will you serve in this company   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interview Details I approached them at a school fair. They looked over my resume and were searching for key words in the resume. Like programming languages used (especially JAVA) and GPA. Once they determined I was a candidate they scheduled a second interview. In the second interview there was two representatives interviewing. Once was a Software Engineer with the company and the other was the Campus Recruiter. They asked me questions about my likes and disliked. They also asked if I was willing to re-locate out of my area. Then they asked me questions specific to the languages that I had on my resume. Once complete I waited 3-4 weeks before they contacted me with an offer.

Interview Question – When you compile C code, when happens?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to move after all. They require moving, even though they had positions open in my area. They gave them to other people.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Fort Kochi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details There were three rounds of interview. The first round was all about Technical Abilities, where they enquired about your skills in programming languages, algorithms, data base management systems etc. The second round was the HR interview round and the last one was the Management Round. The hurdle was to clear the first round and the next two were pretty much a cake walk.

Interview Question – The algorithm to create a robot that can be used for chatting online, without being detected as a robot itself. The person on the other side should not identify it's a robot with whom he/she is chatting.   Answer Question