Tata Consultancy Services

1,814 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2010.

Interview Details Interview for manager level was comprised for 3 1x1 interviews across panels from operations and fairly straight forward process

Interview Question – difficulty was not on personal front but technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much scope for negotiation, hr was playing hardball

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

Interview Details The process is lengthy but useful for screening the right candidates. We had to register our data and get it verified with certificates. 2) A computer based test to see candidate's skills. 3) Those who qualify go to the next level of interview. The interview is also a basic test of knowledge and intelligence. One must know his/her strengths and weaknesses and also what he/she desires from the company in the future in terms of growth.

Interview Question – The interview exists to select you, not to reject you. All the parts were fairly basic. You should be able to elucidate and elaborate your ideas properly and if you're prepared fairly then you'll ace the interview.   Answer Question

Gradutae Trainee Interview

Vizianagaram (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2013.

Interview Details interview is of 3 steps
1 written test 30 ques+email writing
2 Tr and mr
3 Hr

Interview Question – core basics,why tcs   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in June 2010.

Interview Details The team lead will scout for the ideal employee, based on his/her close circle of friends / relatives. He will lead the initial interview and pass it on to HR after selection. Of course, before this entire process, an approval for hiring and the budgeting exercise for this hire has to be entered into the internal intranet system

Interview Question – None really. The interviews can be handled easily once they realize that your profile fits the bill   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your salary in a professional way. TCS has a maximum limit for all levels in terms of compensation given. So whatever happens, if you ask for an amount beyond this limit, it will just not happen. So you will have to decide whether you stick to what is given and work for a premier IT company or check out.

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details Campus Interview

Three Rounds-TR,MR,HR
TR- Introduce yourself,
MR- Why do you want to join TCS
HR- Just some checklists, Y/N type.

Interview Question – Difference between hard worker & smart worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2013.

Interview Details There were 3 rounds
round 1:(aptitude and letter writing) :i was exempted from the aptitude , i only had letter writing exam,it was a basic letter to ask for permission for organizing a get together at the work place.

round 2 : (Technical +managerial) : i was first told to introduce myself and then they started asking questions related to the hobbies i had mentioned. Then they started with the techincal part of the interview,i am an electronics engineer therefore i was asked questions varying from the basics of EDC like recognizing the components like resistor, transistors, mosfet etc, to wireless networks basics like gsm cdma .I was asked about integrated circuits like ic 555,difference in 8085 and 8086 microprocessors etc.
After grilling me with techincal stuff for 45 minutes, began my managerial round where i was given situation oriented questions .

round 3:(HR): it was 2 on1 round for me, i was again made to introduce myself ,this time they asked about my family background as well . the questions were very basic and both the interviewers were very nice during the whole process. It lasted almost 15 minutes where i was asked questions about my educations ,strengths etc

Interview Question – the most difficult part for me was when they asked me about c language   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Amritsar (India)

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details General Aptitude, Letter Writing, technical interview, HR interview

Interview Question – They asked me if why am I going for TCS for only 3.18 lakh rupees   Answer Question

Tcs Ignite Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2014.

Interview Details easy took a day and online test and project submission

IT Analyst Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview. First was technical, second managerial and third was HR discussion.

Technical round-it was not very difficult but was lengthy and stretched up to an hour and a half.

Managerial round was mostly about the project being offered and the project manager of hiring project was taking it. Nothing much was tested here. It was more like an informative round and details of project, requirements, timelines, minimum commitment to project etc were discussed.

HR was quick. They released the offer letter very quickly and warned me that if I reject then company will not re-negotiate. Offer letter generated was valid only for a week. I negotiated a lot and finally, offer was released again. One point, avoid joining the company in March to August months(I am not sure about the exact time frame), because your appraisal will not happen as per policy then. You will have to wait for approx 2 years to get an increment.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a BDC and abstract class?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard. HR initially tell that whatever is being offered is the best and can't be renegotiated as per policy but if you are good, then they will do anything to get you.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Chennai (India)

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in February 2012.

Interview Details Assistant Systems Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services.
o Worked extensively with web-servers, database models and java enterprise edition platform which culminated in the development of a web application.
o Gained Expertise in problem solving, algorithm synthesis and programming practices.
o Designed User Interface and Constructed Database queries for Oracle and MySQL