Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
2,598 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

On your luck nothing hard basic needs to be cleared on project few programs it was a walkin15 min and over have to wait for 1 hr to get the call

Interview Questions

• About project and basics.nothing hard..basic needs to be cleared..on project..few programs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

IT was less technical and more behavioral. I had three rounds of interview, 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The first round was technical where basic coding questions were asked which were mainly C programs. The second round was managerial where behavioral questions were asked. The third round was where senior management asked critical thinking questions followed by salary discussions. Being confident and showing a passion for the job helps.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you would like to change about the education system   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

There will be two rounds. First round will be aptitude. They will ask 30 questions and you need to solve them in 80minutes. Next round is HR and if you get selected in it you will get your job

Interview Questions

• What is an array   2 Answers
    • what is a list   1 Answer
    • Explain your mini project   1 Answer
    • Do you have anything to ask us?   1 Answer
    • Why do you prefer TCS?   1 Answer
    • You are from a non IT stream and why do you want to join IT company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bond for two years. Salary will be 3.18 lpa

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I gave off-campus test in FEB-2015, and cleared this round. Later I got a mail saying soon I will be getting the interview details like date and venue. Till date I haven't got anything from them.
    when I called and mailed them about my problem,
    They are saying recruitment process for this year is over and try next year.

Very bad experience.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Very Easy, It was just 1 day process and they released the offer letter with in next week.
    Process was clam and easy.
    Only thing I want to say here is that TCS didnt gave me the profile which they hired me for. they gave me something which was ir related to my domain.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

First a written aptitude test. The ones who passed that went for an interview. Only one interview, which had a technical person and a HR person.
    Technical interview was pretty basic.
    HR interview was more tough. Had a lot of questions trying to trip you up regarding professional choices and working full time as a woman.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a complete class and explain each line. Then I was questioned about what will happen if certain changes were made in certain places.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Applied for off-campus drive. Started with online aptitude test containing English & quantitative analysis. Quite an easy test. Then came the interviews, had technical & management interview combined. Was a good one. Then came the HR interview which seemed to be more of like an yes/no interview.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calif City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Calif City, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well.The area on which the interviewer concentrated is purely technical.He could sense what he can actually get from his candidates.HE digs deeper and deeper in to subject.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

There was initial verification of the certificates. Then Technical Interview started,with 2 people asking questions. I haven't cleared the first round. If I have cleared, there could have been a Manager round, after which there would have been a HR round.
    One good thing was they said the result very soon on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Get and Load method in
      Hibernate

• While(Condition){
      .................
      }
      write a logic in the "............." , so that the control will come out of the loop in 5 sec. The logic should be based in Thread.

• Try{
      }
      ..........
      .........
      ...........

when will the code below the finally method will never run?

Answer Question
    • can two beans which have different Ids , have same class , while using singleton pattern?   Answer Question
    • Can two beans have same id in Bean configuration file?   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Projecdt Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone interviews with multiple levels of hiring representatives. Asked basic process and behavioral type questions. Some difficulty understanding one of the interviewers. English was probably not their native language. Interviewed with several levels of recruiters before I interviewed with decision makers. Still in the interview process. Very friendly and polite interviewers

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on   1 Answer