Tata Consultancy Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2012.

Interview Details Initial HR interview and then a couple of technical rounds from domain experts and tech people. Mostly behavioural questions like my work style and it was at par with their expectations. Domain questions were also based on the client and the work they do. Most of them were medium difficulty and a couple of advanced domain queries.

Interview Question – Working late good or bad?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – About allowances

ASE Trainee Interview

ASE Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2012.

Interview Details 3 interviews were held. They were:
1. Technical interview
2. HR interview
3. Managerial interview
Actually the technical interview is the filtering part, if one can pass this phase then things become simpler. Prepare for IQ test since it is the first step in the interview process.

Interview Question – I was asked about the negative frequency that we have in my physics problem and also to explain its physical significance.
Also during my managerial interview I was asked if you were the team leader for your team how would you manage them in times of stress. For stress a scenario was created like your tell did well but still your boss got angry on the entire team in this case how will you handle your team.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – i got into an MBA college.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services

Interview Details Had three phone interviews, one in person for several hours. First interview was basic recruiting discussion, not much detail. Other interviews became more specific and lengthy. One interview was from a person not related to my job, which was awkward. Last interview was a fly-in to another city, almost 4 hours.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details Standard process of Written Aptitude and verbal, Technical, Managerial and HR rounds.
The rounds happen over a period of a day.
The technical panel will be of 2 interviewers who will be from the same domain you want to apply to.

Interview Question – What is TCS's flagship product?   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2013.

Interview Details tough aptitude test containing both verbal and mathematical questions followed by an hr interview in which questions related to both core and general are asked and the computer science related questions are the most tough for most of us

Interview Question – what is the shape of the guindy bridge in chennai   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2011.

Interview Details easy written test and the interview was not that much technical. All you have to do is say something and not sit quietly if you dont know just say i dont know or answer anything even if it is wrong

Interview Question – Why do you want to join TCS   Answer Question

Junior Project Engineer Interview

Junior Project Engineer
Bangalore (India)

Interview Details I was palced thorugh campus . The first round, that is aptitude test along with English test was difficult to crack. But once i cleared first round, the second round was easy. It was a f2f technical interview along with HR interview.

Interview Question – They asked very basic technical questions on my stream of electrical engineering. I answered them quite easily.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they communicate through mails. simply accept the offer of one of the biggest companies in India.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2014.

Interview Details The process consisted of two main Steps
1. online Form Filling for and aptitude test.
Result of Aptitude test comes after some days.
Some people say if you clear aptitude test then 70% is done.

2.interview process...
three interviews.. TR MR HR
All are normal but luck will play some part.
they give preference to female candidates. they will be preferred for interview.
i was scheduled for the first round of interview at 8 am but got my first round at 6 pm.
2nd round at 10 pm ... it was 11 pm and then they declared the process over in a state of confusion because of lateness.

Interview Question – Questions were Easy.   Answer Question

Assistant Consultant At TCS Interview

Assistant Consultant At TCS
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in December 2013.

Interview Details HR Intro, Technical, Techno Managerial, HR & Salary negotiation, Offer then Offer will have 4 months time to join TCS with in 4 months you can give any date to join but that must be Wednesday onlly

Negotiation Details – Not Much

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview Details Be sure with your basics. That is all about it. You don't need to study all the things. Be confident and flexible. TCS interview interview alll about being positive. Learn the basics of your background even if you are from non IT background. The HRs would be very flexible with their questions if you are different background.

Interview Question – Sitching from non-IT background to IT background.   Answer Question