Target

56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

Toledo, OH (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

Interview Details On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

Interview Question – Do not feel comfortable revealing questions.   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Akron, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

Interview Details For most people it was a long and tedious process. others it was a matter of weeks. for me it was about 2 months total. several rounds of interviews. 1 interview has several interviewers. Final interview is with the district team leader. Typical management/ situational questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Fairview Park, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Interview Details I had a disorganized phone interview with three different people. Once I got past that, I had a one on one interview with a leader on duty. Basic questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they just told me what the pay would be

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader
Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

Interview Details They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Executive Intern Interview

Boardman, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Interview Details Very fun and structured interview process. Taught me how to think on my toes

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to completely change somebodies already made up mind   Answer Question

Target Sales Associate Interview

Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

Interview Details When I arrived (half an hour early) I was taken to a kiosk to fill out an assessment. I was then instructed to wait in the snack bar until called. Half an hour after my scheduled interview time a sales person came out to tell me the manager would see me shortly, she was eating lunch! When the manager came out to speak to me it was the very same woman who had walked by me three times in the past half hour on the way to retrieve something from the snack bar.

I was taken to a room and asked to sign papers agreeing to certain work hours. That was before ANY type of description about job, pay, benefits, etc. I was then asked the standard questions. I had to inquire about the pay since that information wasn't offered to me. I was then instructed to watch a dvd and "someone" else would be in to interview me but that it might be awhile. I mentioned that I had another interview in 3/4 of an hour. (By that time I had already been there well over an hour). The manager left the room and the dvd sound went out and I was unable to finish watching the dvd. After waiting for 15-20 mins I finally tracked down someone and told them I would have to reschedule another day because I had another appointment.

Needless to say, I won't work for Target and I doubt I'll even shop there any more. The total disrespect to me and my time is inexcusable.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was getting pertinent information.   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details The interview process was handled very well. The application process took some time but calling in and being persistent got me through for an interview. There was only one interview for me. Split into two parts. The first part was done by a more senior sales floor team member. That second was done by higher store management. Both seemed to go over the same points. But one seemed to go over more personality based questions. The other one was more for skills. The regular stuff... "Name a time you solved a problem with another co-worker to reach a compromise" ... "When was a time that you stepped up to learn a new skill to complete a task" - And more things like this.

Interview Question – "Name a time you had to solve a problem between two guests in a retail environment"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The job was part-time and they seemed to have a base pay for someone with the experience i possessed.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member
Akron, OH (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I was called to have a phone interview 1 day after I applied for the sales floor team member for target. They asked me five basic questions for example name one time when you had to work as part of a team, it was a quick interview about 5 minutes and they said they'll call me back if they choose me for a face to face interview and they didn't call.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Stow, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Target in July 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was quick. If you're looking for a job around August or the holiday season they are always desperate for help. The first interview is usually with the person that is going to be your direct supervisor. Dress business attire. This is your time to shine. If they call you back for a second interview then you most likely have the job. Many of the questions are of the format, "Tell me a time when..." They want to hear about the process that you took to accomplish something not just the end result.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that I was asked was, "Tell me about a time where you did something wrong at work and how you corrected for it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation for pay. It was simply do you want the job yes or no?

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview Details You enter a cold room, with a dim light. You'll sit for about twenty minutes and two people will enter, the front end manager and the hiring manager. They will ask you a number of questions regarding your background and skills.

Interview Question – Name three of your worst skills and how you plan to improve.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Target employees and interview candidates.