Target Interview Questions & Reviews in Ohio

60 interviews

2.8

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Target in April 2010.

I was could for interview which would take place one week later. While at the place for interview I had to wait for a half hour before being seen Than the whole interview took about ten min I was like I waited all this time for a short talk

Interview Questions
    • How would you take care of a visitor that it yelling I was thinking to myself I work during the time the store is closed I will not have anyone in the store .   Answer Question

Distribution Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Jefferson, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Talked with her twice, both times were basic questions following STAR format. She set up initial on site interview for the following week. I arrived early for the interview and the security guard told me there were no interviews scheduled for that day. I reassured him that there were indeed interviews and I was there for one. After he sorted things out I waited for twenty minutes for an HR representative. She escorted myself and one other applicant through the warehouse on a tour. She then brought us to an office area and had us wait for our interviews. There were three separate interviews. Each with two people. The first was with the engineering / automation team. The second with the logistics side and the third with inbound/outbound. All interviewers were very friendly and the interview was again STAR based.

Interview Questions
    • What would your peers say is your greatest opportunity and would you agree or disagree?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview Park, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Quick phone interview with one of the managers, interview in person with two different managers which took about 30 minutes, was required to take a drug test within 24 hours of interview, orientation meeting which took four hours which was mostly filling out paperwork and watching videos, also got a tour of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that you could improve on   Answer Question
    there was not a negotiation

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Target in May 2014.

I applied on Friday and received a call, which was a mini interview it seemed like. I was scheduled for an in person interview on Monday. I went in and everyone was extremely nice. I first interviewed with Sales Floor Team Leader. She was extremely nice and relatable so the interview seemed more like a conversation. She asked me to tell her about myself, why I wanted to work for Target, basic interview questions. She was really pleased with my answers and so she took me back to the break room and had someone set me up to watch a video. After the video, I had another interview with an ETL who was also extremely nice. Basically asked me the same questions along with a few behavior questions. Just watch the video and pay attention and you'll do fine. After, I was hired on the spot and went to go do my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you made a mistake on a project and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I was offered $8.00/hr.

Distribution Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Target in February 2014.

On-campus initial interview. STAR-based questions. 2nd round interview and tour at distribution center. More behvaioral-based questions. Very open working environment.

ETL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Target in November 2010.

For most people it was a long and tedious process. others it was a matter of weeks. for me it was about 2 months total. several rounds of interviews. 1 interview has several interviewers. Final interview is with the district team leader. Typical management/ situational questions.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview Park, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Park, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in February 2013.

I had a disorganized phone interview with three different people. Once I got past that, I had a one on one interview with a leader on duty. Basic questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they just told me what the pay would be

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Target in November 2011.

They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Executive Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boardman, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Target in October 2013.

Very fun and structured interview process. Taught me how to think on my toes

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to completely change somebodies already made up mind   Answer Question

Target Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Target in November 2013.

When I arrived (half an hour early) I was taken to a kiosk to fill out an assessment. I was then instructed to wait in the snack bar until called. Half an hour after my scheduled interview time a sales person came out to tell me the manager would see me shortly, she was eating lunch! When the manager came out to speak to me it was the very same woman who had walked by me three times in the past half hour on the way to retrieve something from the snack bar.

I was taken to a room and asked to sign papers agreeing to certain work hours. That was before ANY type of description about job, pay, benefits, etc. I was then asked the standard questions. I had to inquire about the pay since that information wasn't offered to me. I was then instructed to watch a dvd and "someone" else would be in to interview me but that it might be awhile. I mentioned that I had another interview in 3/4 of an hour. (By that time I had already been there well over an hour). The manager left the room and the dvd sound went out and I was unable to finish watching the dvd. After waiting for 15-20 mins I finally tracked down someone and told them I would have to reschedule another day because I had another appointment.

Needless to say, I won't work for Target and I doubt I'll even shop there any more. The total disrespect to me and my time is inexcusable.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was getting pertinent information.   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!