Target

3,959 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Team Leader Interview

Executive Team Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Target came to my school, to which I attended an information session. Then, I applied online and had a phone interview (screening). After I had a meet-and-greet mingle with other district managers and candidates. The day after I had my interview. It was about twenty minutes long and 2 district managers interviewed me.

Interview Question – They are all behavioural questions. Prep as much as you can. I googled questions online.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details It was very basic. Just asked about previous employers and work experience. Your skills and Strength. Some situational questions and guest queries. at last they ask for you availability and if you are available flu time then they will hire you immediately.

Interview Question – Situational Questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Human Resources Team Leader

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target in April 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed at Target, recent grad no experience really. Still got hired. They look more for the way you present your self and your personality rather than you actual experience. The focus is on FFF (fast, fun and friendly).
Questions:
why do you want to work for target?
Strengths/weaknesses
experience related to this area
and then behavioural questions

Smile and be friendly, emphasis on the quest is always right and the focus is to please them.

Interview Question – I project you worked on and then realized you made a mistake, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Sales Floor Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I applied online, received an email to schedule an interview. I went for my interview and got interviewed by three people. (The energy in that store, is amazing!). First interview was basic interview questions, whats your experience, what do you do at your current/past job, basic stuff. KEEP SMILING!

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a customer in an aisle pushing the cart slowly, looking around? What would be the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – smiley and happy. Just go with the flow, the company opens doors for you if you are a hard worker!

Cashierr Interview

Cashierr

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details I arrived at a hotel where i was greeted by people who were working for Target. They were very friendly and led me to the waiting room. I was then called for my first interview, and it went well. They introduced themselves and then asked me to do the same. They asked me questions in english and french. He was a very friendly guy and I thought the interview went well. I was then called for a second interview and this process was not as great as the first. He didn't seem as friendly and wasn't as enthusiastic. If i didn't get the job, it was probably because of my second interview.

Interview Question – Name one mistake and how you fixed it   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader Interview

Sales Team Leader

Interviewed at Target

Interview Details Phone interview led to meeting. 3 interviews in all.

Interview Question – What don't you want from this job? I wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary expectation was higher then offer.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details I applied online. Day after got an email to do an online asesment. After doing it, the day after I got an email to schedule an appointment for an interview. 2 days after went to the interview. I sat on the waiting room, went for a 1st interview, then back the waiting room. Sent back for a 2nd interview and back to the waiting room. After one of the managers came back and said they had all the information they needed and I would be contacted after. I knew I hadn't got the job by then. Total process lasted less than a week. And 2 weeks after got an email saying I hadn't got the job.

Interview Question – A lot of before experience questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details It was a mass interview at a hotel. When I arrived, I was seated in a waiting room with 6-8 other people who were also waiting for interviews. I was then called to the big room next door where there were several tables and other individual interviews occurring. The person who interviewed me had 2 pages of questions where she would ask me a question and wrote down my answer. It took probably 5-7 minutes. I was then seated back in the waiting room for 15 minutes and then had a second interview with a different person, which took much longer (10-15 minutes) because the questions required more lengthy answers. The first interview focused more on what I have done in the past whereas the second interview focused more on what I can bring to Target and what I would do in a certain situation. The answer they seemed to look for was an emphasis on customer service. My interview was 3 days ago and I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Question – What will you bring to Target if you were employed?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Was held at a hotel not even remotely near the location. I spent 25min conversing with the interviewers and the remainer of the 2 hrs waiting in a room while we were pestered by a current sales associate who did not stop chattering for more than a min.

Interview Question – None! I knew what was coming.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Target.

Interview Details Applied online, got an email the next day to setup an appointment for an interview.
The worst experience ever. Had to wait an hour before I was called in for my interview... People walked-in after me and went in to interview before me (job fair). Did not even ask for my resume (I gave it to them in the middle of one of my interviews), did not even ask for references. Nobody else was as professionally dressed as me (everyone was wearing normal clothes). Three interview process, all in one day and were offering jobs on the stop.

Interview Question – What experience would you bring relevant to this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!