Target Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

2.8

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The entire process took 3-4 months with 7 separate interviews and over 10 interviewers. It was a long process but not really difficult. Mostly getting to know you type questions for culture fit and then many behavioral questions, i.e. Tell me about a time when... Mid-way through the process included a case study and mock 'coaching' meeting with a direct report over the phone. Through out the process a recruiter stays in touch to support and answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, i.e. Tell me about a time when you... Themes focused on communication skills, team and collaboration, leadership, adaptability, drive, time management/prioritization abilities, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

The process was over 4 weeks and involved 1 phone interview, online assessment and 1 in person interview. Have your best Elevator Speech and 5 Situation/Behavior/Outcome Questions. And ask for feedback at the end of the interview. Target is a feedback culture

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non -negotiable,

Backroom Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online.got a call after maybe after 5 days. two interviews with ETL, mostly behavioral based question...they are looking for key words in your answer plus the mindset of the candidate on a particular question. like if your asked...tell me about the time you made a mistake and what did you do about it....you can either answer this with a mindset of a manager or a team member...i was answering it with the latter so both etl agreed im not fit for team leader post. but offered me flow merchandise team member.

Interview Questions

• pretty easy bahavioral question. basic stuff. its up to ypu to be creative and the kind of mindset you are into will determine if you land the job or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

So there were two rounds. First round consisted of a telephone interview. Once you passed that you were given a coaching call where the hr manager essentially coached you on how to effectively prepare for the interview. Use this opportunity to ask as many questions as possible to ensure that you will be prepared for the 1:1 interview. Second round consisted of a 30 minute interview with four-five behavioral questions which asked how you prioritized your time, how effectively you worked in a team, so essentially the standard questions. They really wanted you to use the S.T.A.R. approach.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you used information from different sources.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Target.

Interview

Target came to my school, to which I attended an information session. Then, I applied online and had a phone interview (screening). After I had a meet-and-greet mingle with other district managers and candidates. The day after I had my interview. It was about twenty minutes long and 2 district managers interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They are all behavioural questions. Prep as much as you can. I googled questions online.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

It was very basic. Just asked about previous employers and work experience. Your skills and Strength. Some situational questions and guest queries. at last they ask for you availability and if you are available flu time then they will hire you immediately.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online, received an email to schedule an interview. I went for my interview and got interviewed by three people. (The energy in that store, is amazing!). First interview was basic interview questions, whats your experience, what do you do at your current/past job, basic stuff. KEEP SMILING!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer in an aisle pushing the cart slowly, looking around? What would be the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

smiley and happy. Just go with the flow, the company opens doors for you if you are a hard worker!

Cashierr Interview

Interview

I arrived at a hotel where i was greeted by people who were working for Target. They were very friendly and led me to the waiting room. I was then called for my first interview, and it went well. They introduced themselves and then asked me to do the same. They asked me questions in english and french. He was a very friendly guy and I thought the interview went well. I was then called for a second interview and this process was not as great as the first. He didn't seem as friendly and wasn't as enthusiastic. If i didn't get the job, it was probably because of my second interview.

Sales Team Leader Interview

Interview

Phone interview led to meeting. 3 interviews in all.

Interview Questions

• What don't you want from this job? I wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

Salary expectation was higher then offer.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. Day after got an email to do an online asesment. After doing it, the day after I got an email to schedule an appointment for an interview. 2 days after went to the interview. I sat on the waiting room, went for a 1st interview, then back the waiting room. Sent back for a 2nd interview and back to the waiting room. After one of the managers came back and said they had all the information they needed and I would be contacted after. I knew I hadn't got the job by then. Total process lasted less than a week. And 2 weeks after got an email saying I hadn't got the job.