Talisman Energy Interview Questions

Updated 20 Mar, 2015
Updated 20 Mar, 2015

2.9

Student Geologist Interview

Interview

The hiring process started with an informal phone review by someone from HR. The actual interview itself was typical; i.e. hypothetical questions designed to properly assess your personality, work ethic, and likeability.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just Google "Common interview questions" and you will be fine   Answer Question

For a wellsite offer

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

Interview with the heads or team lead. Each take turns asking questions.Interview was an hour long approximately.A mixture of behavioural questions and technical questions. They will usually get back to you quickly too if you were the successful one.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have come up with new ways of doing things in your previous workplace   Answer Question

Geoscience Information Technologist Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviews from the managers , behavioural question, after interview request for 5 referees which are done online 1 hr interview different question asked and average of 20 questions, call given from the hr then passed on to the management in the department that was applied for

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager asked you to use a software you are not familiar with ..   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Talisman Energy.

Interview

I was initially referred by a Talisman employee, this did not work internally, i got selected when referred by a pricy international head hunter. I meet with 6 different highly ranked VPs, more of a social chat than a competency assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

So so

Wellsite Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in July 2013.

Interview

Through networking. Interview was focused to check my experience.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted shortly after applying;
    Had a brief phone interview (30 min. or so)
    Met with Hiring leader and VP for interviews
    Received a verbal offer of employment day or so later.
    Received written offer of employment 2 days later.
    Had welcome lunch with Hiring leader and colleague.
    (Brought into planning discussions prior to my first day on the job)

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current employer at the time when I hadn't been there that long?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone negotiation followed by written offer presentation

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in November 2011.

Interview

1 interview- over the phone if you are located out of town and in office if you are in Calgary. Usually two people taking the interview( one HR manager and one specific job manager).

5 to 10 min spent on their introduction.
    10 min on resume overview
    20 to 25 minutes on behaviorial questions from there end.
    5 min for your questions

overall 45 to 50 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview- 10 to 15 minutes spent on resume overview and then behavioral questions extracted from the resume. e.g. what did you do in this team ? give example of a situation when one person was not cooperative in the team. etc.   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in November 2011.

Interview

First, it was with the team lead. About an hour long talking about past working experience. 2 weeks later, got called for the 2nd interview with the department head. It was mostly focused on interpersonal skills.

Lead Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by group interview and interview with Executive.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Talisman Energy (Calgary, AB) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by HR and 2 senior managers