Takeda Pharmaceutical Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
28 interviews

3.2

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in May 2013.

The hiring for the internship was relatively lengthy. Apply online to various positions posted on the website in the Fall for the subsequent summer internship. Requirements include work experience and education. The next step of the process was to fill out a questionnaire for positions Takeda considered your application for. Finally, you were given an interview and notified within a week with an offer.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2014.

It was pretty much to be expected, but unfortunately I was so tired I completely bombed the interview...luckily I was so tired I didn't even care about it. They flew me down to LA in the early morning and I did not get enough sleep the night before to be on my A game...BOO, but everyone was very nice and there is no need to be nervous.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Three rounds of interviews seemed like a bit of overkill, but they were pleasant and low pressure. I was impressed. The panel interview was the least productive, but it was not a pressure situation. The entire process dragged out over a few months which was difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The obsolete strength and weaknesses question was asked.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in April 2014.

My personal interview experience with Takeda was incredible! First I had a telephone interview, then an online assesment, then a F2F interview, and finally I was flown to Atlanta for my final interview. The phone interview was very basic, "Tell me about yourself." "Why do you want to be n pharma sales?" The F2F was completely behavioral based, "Tell me about a time when.." It took about 2 days to find out that I was accepted for the final interview. In Atlanta I met with two different Takeda employees. The first was again all behavioral questions, and I was asked to sell something in the room. The second interview was similar to the first. Both were extremely professional, and VERY comfortable. I received a call 2 days later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult questions. Just prepare yourself for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Applied through a recruiter. HR phone screen then phone interview with hiring manager. Given basic business case (small amount of data along with questions which needed to be answered using 10 PowerPoint slides) exactly one week before onsite interview. Onsite interview with hiring manager, hr, 2 peers, 3 managers, and 1 director. Got an offer the next week but background check took an additional 3-4 weeks (I think it was just red tape; I don't have a criminal record or financial issues).

I rated this interview as difficult because the business case took a few days to complete and I was asked analytic-thinking questions (not just behavioral questions or questions about past job experiences).

Initially wasn't interested in relocating to Chicago (I lived out of state) but my experience onsite was so positive I accepted their offer immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What excel function would you use to return customer first names given the following data   View Answer
    • When would 2 trains traveling at different rate of speeds meet, when would 2 cars traveling at different speeds catch up to one another   View Answer
    No negotiation because the base salary was exactly what I told HR I was looking for (so be sure you have a number in mind!). The rest of the package (bonus, relocation, vacation, etc) was generous so I didn't feel the need to negotiate those either.

Sales Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

The first round was a thirty minute phone interview which consisted of standard behavioral questions followed by more information on the day-to-day expectations of an intern. I was invited to tour the office and have three more thirty minute in person interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary; more behavioral questions and the chance to meet a variety of employees.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

I was contacted by Randstad, the company Takeda works with for HR. Pre-interview was handled very professionally. On-site interviewing process was a bit off-putting - I was taken around to three different people's offices and sometimes felt awkward because there were personal effects visible - would have been better in a conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult questions, just irritating that I was asked the same or similar questions three times because I met with each person individually.   Answer Question

COMPLIANCE EMERGING MARKETS Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in March 2012.

25 Minutes telephone interview with one HR and the line manager, both seems to be sleeping from minute 1, the HR manager in a bad english tried to make some "HR" teoric questions.

Quality Assurance Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical.

Not such a classical but a very professional and fair approach which also helps the candidate feel comfortable and express him/herself better. Also line management and the experts involve the hiring process. Benchmarking is one of the tools to determine the compensation and benefits for the job function. Experience should also be considired more efficiently during the salary calculations.

Interview Questions
    • Why you resigned from your previous company?
      Why do you think we should select you?
        Answer Question
    1- Companies proposal
    2- My response : It's required to improve the proposed package. I proposed my offer.
    3- Their response was to have the win win situation.
    4- We met in the middle.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceutical in June 2013.

Phone Interview: Questions I was asked:

When you have experienced organizational change in a workplace, how did you respond?
    How will you bring new business?
    How will you identify when and what sale to make?
    What is a weakness and how did you turn it into a strength?
    What is the most challenging sales environment?
    What is your most recent professional achievement?
    How would I find ways outside company resources to improve sales performance?

Interview Questions

Worked for Takeda Pharmaceutical? Contribute to the Community!