TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 02, 2014

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Transportation Security Officer
Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2014.

Interview Details It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

Negotiation Details – I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Transportation Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

Interview Details It is easy to pass

Interview Question – The hiring process can take up to a year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

Interview Details It is a long process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years. They want to make sure you are physically, emotionally, and intellectually able to do the job. There are several steps to complete. Do them each as soon as possible to get through the process quickly.

Be patient. I had not heard from the TSA for 4 months and thought I had been disqualified. Then they randomly called me one day and offered me a job. This will happen many times throughout the process.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option. Everyone enters with the same salary. I would advise anyone who receives an offer to ask themselves why they want the job. If the answer is for a career with TSA, I would advise against it. Most officers are at the TSA to either get retirement or to move into another Federal agency. Almost no one wants to stay there. Everyone on the floor is trying to get out or waiting until they can retire.

Very Easy Interview

Transportation Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Transportation Security Officer

I applied online and interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details Reading and Spelling test, Pattern Recognition test, color blindness test, drug test, fingerprinting, 10 year FBI background investigation, interview and finally 2-3 months of training.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a fellow co-worker do something wrong, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Question – In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in June 2012.

Interview Details Applied in March 2012. Was interviewed 3 months later in person and it went very well and I enjoyed those who interviewed me.. but it wasn't over yet. Had to fill out a frustrating but worth it e86 form for my background check. After I had to get a health check/drug test which was probably the most frustrating part. I had to travel to a clinic out in Jersey and that clinic messed up everything and was delayed a week. I wasn't hired till November by a call and started training in January 2013. So it took almost a year to get the job.

Interview Question – Can you name a difficult situation at the workplace which you had to control chaos?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2008.

Interview Details Sat in a room with two TSA suits and answered behavioral questions, took a color test, got finger printed, took a medical test

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 11 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2012.

Interview Details Nice did 2 person interview, color vision, paper signing and got med kit I was off.

Interview Question – Two person interrogation.   View Answers (2)

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in October 2009.

Interview Details There is a long time from when you are notified until you actually get to work. I remember doing a color test, x ray test, and basic math and english test.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you have ever been involved in and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just an email

Interviews for Top Jobs at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!