TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.9

TSO (Transportation Security Officer) DFW Airport Interview

The hiring and review process, seems to be extensive. They have several locations in the area where an individual can tae the assessment to see if they qualify and yet, they make you drive all the way toThief River Falls Airport and actually go in to Northland Community College there. Why? There is one in GFK. I had to turn them down for the job, they told me after I put it in all my work and mileage that if hired I will be the low-person on the totem-pole and will have to take very odd shifts and that if I wanted to go on vacation the person with the most seniority would get it that's crazy. I decided to rethink my move!

The job seemed to have a lot of inconveniences such as: vacation (seniority), odd hours, etc.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Tso Interview

there is a credit check, background check, physical check, interview pretty basic but can take up to two years before an offer is made. It is a very lengthy process especially if you are currently unemployed.

no negotiations

Tso Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation process at all.

Transportation Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

For all TSA positions, you will need to use USAJobs. com and complete the online application. If your application is referred to the next stage, you will get an interview (unless the office decided to conduct no interviews). Interview jobs will vary depending on the position you are applying for. After the interview stage, you will get a telephone call from the Manager for the position you applied for with a TSA offer and that will be followed-up with a written offer to include your pay and tentative start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will depend on the position you applied for. In my case, most interviews have been the "scenario" type....what would you do in this example situation OR you may get the scenario provided...how did you handle it.....why did you chose to handle this way and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

No negotiation

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2014.

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

No negotiation

TSO (Transportation Security Officer)-Newark EWR Airport Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

The hiring process involves getting a color test, finger prints,background, dexterity, physical and much more then you wait forever to find out if you are in the hiring pool and then you go to another airport and take computer tests, xray tests and bag check tests.

None!