TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at TJX Companies

Interview Details 3 interviews, 1 over the phone, 1 one on one, 1 3 hour case study and interview

Interview Question – what is your biggest fault   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details After attending information session at Ryeron university, i applied through online. They phoned first to set up a schedule for the formal phone interview. Interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – difficulties or challenges that you solved during group work   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview with recruiter. Discussed past experience. Discussed what I know of TJX companies operations and such.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to solve a problem by research   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2013.

Interview Details Made it through 2/4 interviews. After 2 weeks, I called to see what was going on. She said she had emailed me (she must have typed my email address incorrectly) and I didn't make it through. When I asked why, she said she had nothing written down...

Interview Questions

Merchandise Associate Planner Interview

Merchandise Associate Planner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview is the first step. They go through your resume and what you expect in a career i.e. what made you select this company, where do you see yourself in future etc. A lady did the interview and she was quite direct with the questions, wouldn't say helpful or even trying to make me feel better as the entire process felt a little robotic. Questions asked are things expected, they pretty much want you to go over what you did in your previous work and how it relates to the position you're applying to. They're also quite insistent on excel skills and you need to back it up with examples. I was told that the entire hiring process was in four steps: initial phone call, interview with the hr, interview with your future boss and the final interview.

Interview Question – How do you think the company's doing from financial perspective?   View Answer

Allocations Analyst Interview

Allocations Analyst
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details I had applied for the position online at the end of August. I did not hear back until the beginning of September when I received a call from HR. From this point she asked some additional questions regarding my experience and background in the industry and said that she would like to move forward with a phone interview. The phone interview was set up maybe a week later and it lasted about an hour. The questions were behavioural and she asked me about my resume as expected. After waiting a few days, I was contacted and was told that they were going to move me onto the 1:1 interview in a couple of weeks. When she called she gave me feedback and some insight as to what types of questions they were going to ask. She sent me an email detailing everything and forwarded me forms to fill out. When I got to the Mississauga Office for the interview there was another candidate in the waiting room. When greeted by the HR representative, she told me that she was not going to meet with me but that I was going to sit down with another HR recruiter and a manager instead. After about an hour of q & a from both sides -being asked very similar questions as the phone interview, the recruiter advised that I should hear back from them by Friday of that week. Needless to say, I was reading other reviews here about the interview process and after not hearing back on Friday, I did not hold my breath. Despite doing the best I could and having the skills and experience required for the position I guess I was not a good fit after all. Confirmation of this came via telephone by the HR recruiter who conducted my first telephone interview. This time she was not able to give me any feedback from the 1:1 interview. She did say that I presented myself well, however they were not going to move me along through the interview process.

Interview Question – There was a question about Valentine's Day card...   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Mississauga, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2010.

Interview Details Process begins with screening phone interview to review resume.
Next is a 1:1 interview with recruiter which reviews resume and a series of "Tell me about a time when you..."
Next is an interview with HR senior and Operations Manager which is similar to previous interview with a greater focus on leadership and team skilss.
Lastly is an interview with HR Manager and AVP, similar to previous two interviews with focus on 'fit' within the distribution facilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much as I was a recent graduate with little experience in the field.

Assistant Manager Merchandising Interview

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in June 2009.

Interview Details There is a phone interview - a week later there is an interview with the HR department in person then - the week after if you are selected of course - you will meet with the District Manager ...

Interview Question – How did I as a Manager contribute to the bottom line   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager - Operations Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details Easy process, DM met me ask questions about culture, values and goals

Interview Question – Didn't expect to be asked about my contribution to my community   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details Experience, communication skills, excel and analytical skills

Interview Question – Logical questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies interview questions and advice. All 156 interview reviews are posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.