TIAA-CREF Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.9

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in March 2014.

Applied online, recruiter reached out a few days later asking general questions such as why i want to leave current role, what am i looking for and salary requirements. They didnt get back to me for like 2 weeks, then an in person interview was scheduled and done onsite.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult executives?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led an initiative from beginning to end and where did you start?   Answer Question

Prospective teammates seemed stuck up

Senior Marketing Mgt Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

HR contacted me through LinkedIn. Next step was a 30 minute call with the hiring manager and then within two weeks a video call with 4 managers within the firm. The entire process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    • What was it like working for Mr. Stowers. I thought it was interesting that they knew who he was and were interested in how he led American Century.   Answer Question
    They had a done their homework on what it would take for me to accept. They gave me what I wanted.

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lewisville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2014.

I Applied, First phase was a phone interview with a recruiter in North Carolina.The second phase was a request to complete an online assessment and questionaire for backgroud check. requested information needed to be retured within 24 hours so get on with it pronto! In person interview was set up weeks later by a local scheduler. The nterview was with two hiring managers who feverishly wrote down everything detail they could of my responses onto a form they had to fill out and for the purpose of reporting all igathered info from the interview and report back to HR.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, describe a project you were involved in, and it great detail take us through the process.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in July 2012.

Applied online and received a call back within two weeks- HR recruiters then set me up for a pre screening phone interview and scheduled two interviews back to back. The first interview was with the 'team' members followed by the hiring manager. Team members were WAY more cut-throat than the hiring manager who was very easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What functions do you regularly use in Excel and what you use them for.   View Answer

Did not get a good vibe from team members. Hiring manager was nice- but the team interview was very intimidating.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, she did not seem to understand the scope of the position. When I asked what I perceived to be some pretty basic questions, she could not answer them. Frankly, it was overall very awkward.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any, they were pretty basic for what the position called for.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in September 2012.

phone interview is pretty easy...this come first. Then, they will do a face to face interview (usually with a supervisor and a director). they tend to be pretty tough in the interviews. they like concrete examples. they are very sales oriented so they like to ask sales related questions.

Interview Questions
    • explain a situation where you had to deal with an upset client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate, probably could have

Continuous Improvement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2014.

1st - Phone Screen by HR with email followup - 30 min - general questions, 2nd Interview with 'Dotted Line" hiring Manager - 30 min - nice conversation about the job and their needs, email follow up with HR, 3rd - In person with other Continuous Improvement Leaders - 60 min - again nice conversation about their needs and what works, 4th - Phone interview with the Hiring Manager - 30 min. another nice interview about their needs - no hard questions but some 'how would you deal with this situation' questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situation type regarding applying tools and getting results - how do you use them in an administrative environment?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in September 2011.

The process is about 30 to 40 minutes and be there 15 minutes early. Due to their hectic schedules be patient to wait for some may have a last minute meeting. Office space is very small and meeting rooms are booked way in advance. When interviewing you will meet the directors, his managers and key stake holders they work with you may also work with them on other assignments.

It was contract

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

The hiring process is less than desirable, very long and tedious. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. You usually have to interview 2-3 people within the department that is scheduled the same day at different time. Some were off the hiring location so there was also a phone call involved.

Interview Questions
    • They were the pretty standard questions, nothing unusual.   Answer Question
    I believe you can negotiate some, however I was pleased with my offer and did not have to negotiate.

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Recruiter would email with time she would call and then not call as stated. When I replied to emails sent by recruiter they were ignored. Plenty of excuses for being "busy". Not professional.

Interview Questions

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!