THINK Together Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.5

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at THINK Together in September 2014.

1. Fill out the application online that includes: Past employers, references, and cover letter
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Face to Face Interview, with two QAC/T (quality assurance trainer), who will be your supervisor
    4. If all goes well on #3, it will be followed with second interview with two other people, the General Manager and a senior staff member.
    5. If all goes well on #4, it is followed by being interviewed by the principal of the school, who makes the final decision to see if you both will be a match

Interview Questions
    • Many scenario type questions such as; How would you handle a conflict between two people? How have you handled a situation when a person is being rude to a parent? How would you connect with the parents? How would you connect with the program leaders?

In essence, many "what would you do?" type questions.

Tip: Provide examples and relax.
        Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

For the interview you need to do a basic math and reading test and prepare a small lesson. It is not a very long process and I got hired that same day. Since they have such a high turnover rate, they are desperate for employees. They do a background check and training begins soon after you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at THINK Together in January 2013.

The process was pretty simple. You take a test and if you pass then you move on to the face to face interview. It's a office with 4 staff members and you have to show them a mock lesson plan implementation and how you would handle your students. It's fun and easy!

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together in July 2014.

I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question
    None

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at THINK Together in August 2013.

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Program Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

Test was easy.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together.

Casual Interview after you pass the RIDICULOUSLY easy math/english test. Offer is on the spot and you basically will take it because at this point you're just looking for some sort of income.

Offer on the spot.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together.

I was called the next day after submitting my job application to come in and take a pre-assessment test. It was on math, English, and spelling. They called me a couple days later and told me that I passed. Then I was called to have an interview. I came in, and there were at least eight other people waiting to be interviewed as well. I was called in and interviewed by three people. They asked routine questions about why I wanted to work there and experiences that I've had. Then I was to do a classroom mock presentation as if I was talking to a classroom full of kids. I had to prepare a lecture/presentation and present it to the interviewers. After I was done, I was notified that they liked me and wanted to offer me the job. I accepted! Then they did a background check and fingerprinting right in their office. When it cleared, they scheduled me for orientation and training. Overall quick process.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?"
      I feel so narcissistic answering this question because they could be judging your answer! You don't want to compliment yourself to death, so you have to be humble as well.

"What is your greatest weakness?"

I feel like this is a trick question. Should I tell them or not tell them? What if I don't get hired because my weakness is being a procrastinator?!
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start as a SUB PL, until you're needed permanently.

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at THINK Together in May 2013.

I submitted my application through their website and within a week was called to do a test. Super easy - spelling and basic reading as well as math. Then they schedule you for an interview where you will present a small lesson. They will interview you first then let you do your lesson plan - or the other way around - it just all depends. People who are interviewing you are site coordinators - so be ready for specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do think is the difference between elementary and jr high school students   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!