TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details Emailed with a list of questions to answer, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to make with us after 5 years?   View Answer

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview Details Asked to answer a few questions via email, I was then interviewed on the phone by an internal recruiter. I was invited to an in person interview at their office. There, i was interviewed by a DBO and Account manager. Very personal and in depth interview.

Interview Question – Asked about my university grades and why I didn't achieve higher grades.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Interview Details interviewed by email first. Second stage was by phone

Interview Question – All questions were pretty simple   Answer Question

Richmond, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details Got a call from a recruiter asking some basic questions. Followed by a call from the office manager in a day. Had an interview but didn't qualify for the third one.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty normal easy questions.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2009.

Interview Details E-mail, phone screen, 2 on 1 interview at office, half day shadow. Very informal but straight forward. asked questions, talked about what teksystems is about and asked further questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process with TEKsystems began by being contacted by one of their internal recruiters who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She scheduled an over the phone interview that she would conduct herself. I was asked to watch a few videos before the interview to get a better idea of the position and company culture. These videos were located on the company's main webpage. The interview was very painless and she was very personable. It focused largely on the position and how I felt my experience would contribute to the responsibilities. Afterwards she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. Before the interview with the branch manager I was asked to contact two current employees and ask them a series of questions to gain a better idea about the position. The interview was conducted by the branch manager, an account manager, and a recruiter at the same time. I was asked to give my life story, beginning with birth. It was very personal and uncomfortable. We then discussed the position in more detail. It was made clear that traditional work weeks were considered 60-70 hours per week. I believe they could tell that those hours were beyond my expectations and within a few hours after the interview the branch manager contacted me to let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Several questions were very personal. For example, I was asked how I had paid for my masters degree which I answered but felt was very personal and irrelevant to the position. Many questions also revolved around sales techniques.   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.

Interview Question – What attracts you to sales?   View Answer

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details Two phone interviews and one personal interview with the head of the office. After that, spent a half day in the office shadowing other members of team and several interviews along with lunch with two of their senior recruiters.

Recruit Interview

Recruit

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details Emailed with my recruiter, who asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Basic get to know you questions, met with two other 'business developers.' Overall good interview experience, still waiting to hear about opportunities from them.

Interview Question – What are your biggest strengths?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details The Corporate Recruiter was so nice and worked with me during the process. I was iffy about the job at first because of such a low pay and a training period. I decided to go to the in person interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever been a part of. And I've been recruiting for a couple of years! She asked me literally my life story. I have to tell her things in order since I was born-to now. It was just weird, and I believe some of those questions were HR Violations. Not to mention she was rude and didn't seem to connect at all. She continued to call me back and asked if I wanted "feedback?" I wouldn't want to work for this company, and I certainly didn't appreciate the weird interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life story-the time you were born until now...

First of all, that's not even a legal question, second, what are you trying to get out of this?
  Answer Question

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!