TEKsystems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
313 interviews

2.8

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Started with a phone interview, pretty standard stuff, not too hard. Was forwarded to an in-person interview the next week with a branch manager. Also fairly standard with some of the same questions, but he was a little intense and really tried to delve into my answers. Definitely some "off-script" moments.

Interview Questions
    • If I c alled your friend and/or old boss, what would they say is the best/worst thing about you? Similar to strengths/weakness question but framed differently.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

I applied for the Sourcing Specialist position through Ryerson University. However, I got an interview for the Technical Recruiter instead because they had already hired someone internally for the Sourcing Specialist.

I got a reply within the week I applied. I had a phone interview that goes over the basics of the position and they really wanted to know more about me and if I fit within the organization.

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Emailed with a list of questions to answer, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you expect to make with us after 5 years?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Very personal. Get to know yourself before interivewing.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2010.

Long, several steps where you get to meet all the team, with phone interview and in person interviews. They want to know your personality and if you are a cuturaly fit more than anything else

Interview Questions
    • Tell about main drawback in your career although you are typically a young grad   Answer Question
    nothing

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2010.

1. Phone interview with an internal recruiter. About five behavioral questions.
    2. Online Excel test. Formulas and Pivot table.
    3. Face to face interview with the hiring managers. Also behavioral questions and can be repetitive with the phone interview.
    4. Phone interview with indirect managers at HQ. This is more of a chat about your background because at this point you were pretty much hired.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2012.

The process involved basic interview questions. Traits about yourself, ideal job, why, etc.

tech wasn't for me

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Asked to answer a few questions via email, I was then interviewed on the phone by an internal recruiter. I was invited to an in person interview at their office. There, i was interviewed by a DBO and Account manager. Very personal and in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my university grades and why I didn't achieve higher grades.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Process began with a 45 minute phone interview with your basic interview questions; strengths, weaknesses, why a career in sales, etc. Next was an in person interview with the Branch Director, lasted about 30 minutes - similar questions, went over cv again. Later that week they scheduled a "half day" shadow; came in at 745am, sat down with several different recruiters and account managers, discussing their day to day duties, ended with a panel interview with two account managers; asked redundant questions again, actual account manager was a French guy from Paris, very pompous and rude, seemed over-satisfied with himself, kind of a complete douche. Overall the process was long and every stage was repetitive and unnecessary. Very evident hierarchy in the office, two account managers from Paris, pretty narcissistic individuals to say the least. Out of the dozen or so recruiters there, only one seemed to be making any kind of money from commission, the others were making the base 37k, working from 745-530 minimum/day, monday-friday.

Interview Questions

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!