TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Interview

I applied online, heard back from them within two weeks. Phone Interview questions were similar to any other interviews, a lot of typical behavioral questions, and general questions about school extracurricular, work experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Received phone call from TEKsystems about a month ago on jobs that are clearly not matching my profile. After a while got a phone call about a job that is about to be (most likely) posted a few days later. I picked up the phone and spent a little chat with recruiter.

Findings:
    Technical recruiter did not know anything about the field.
    Had no idea about the team size/composition
    Had no idea about software methodologies etc (Agile/Scrum). They could very well be omelette types.
    and tried to ask for references for a job that may or may not exist.

This showed me lack of quality that can come out of process and I did not continue the process.

Companies who are reading this: Interview your assigned TEKsystems technical recruiters... you will find them lacking.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me two references for a Job posting I may or may not get even though I called you four times?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Ottawa, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

standard interview with some deeper questions. wanted to know why sales, about extra-curricular activities in university. why sales? what I like about current job, what I don't like. why I wanted to work for teksystems.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Mississauga, ON) in December 2014.

Interview

Was informed of this graduate opportunity through my university career centre by email. Submitted my resume and had a brief phone interview with a recruiter on the same day. Had a panel interview with the Regional Controller and a senior BOA associate in the Mississauga head office the following week. Also had a chance to ask questions at the end regarding the position and corporate culture. Received a rejection email the following week. The process was quite quick since they needed a new hire ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were related to my background and experiences. Also had to address why I want to work for TEKsystems/the position and salary expectations. Look at the numbers in Glassdoor before you do the phone interview! I also had situational questions in the panel interview: "Tell me of a time you helped improved processes," "Describe a time you worked well as part of a team," "Tell me of one achievement you are the most proud of" and "Who inspires you?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Standard questions - Why do you want to be in sales? Why do you want to work for the company? Was told I would hear back then next day which I did. I got a face to face interview with the DOB. Interviewer was late which was understandable....the DOB was busy. He had a pages of questions and started with High School - Biggest challenge, good/bad influence, if I worked. Moved onto similar questions in University and then work experience. He wrote down answers and pretty much kept to the questions on the page. Was told I would hear back early next week. I didn't hear back until mid week and only because I emailed them.

Interview Questions

• Being asked about my experiences in High School which was over 10 years ago.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TEKsystems (Toronto, ON) in October 2014.

Interview

their interview process involves a multi-tier progression based on performance from prior steps. the interviewer seemed most interested in your motivation for choosing a career in sales generally, rather than why you specifically chose TEKsystems. However, although they trivialize the importance of an IT background, it is a good idea to demonstrate at least some knowledge, and failing to do so, highlight your coach-ability/ability to be trained easily because it is critical if you are interested in moving into an account manager position dealing with external client sales.

Interview Questions

• what is an ethical value you may have had to bend at one point or another   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, and they emailed me for a phone interview the following week.
    The interviewer asked a lot of personal questions and many about goals, past difficult experiences and where you see yourself in 5 years. They also asked a lot of questions about what motivates you. They also asked a question "are you motivated by money?"
    The interviewer wasn't that friendly and didn't really interact or try to sympathize with the answers I was giving.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult time you've ever been through and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, pretty standard stuff, not too hard. Was forwarded to an in-person interview the next week with a branch manager. Also fairly standard with some of the same questions, but he was a little intense and really tried to delve into my answers. Definitely some "off-script" moments.

Interview Questions

• If I c alled your friend and/or old boss, what would they say is the best/worst thing about you? Similar to strengths/weakness question but framed differently.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Sourcing Specialist position through Ryerson University. However, I got an interview for the Technical Recruiter instead because they had already hired someone internally for the Sourcing Specialist.

I got a reply within the week I applied. I had a phone interview that goes over the basics of the position and they really wanted to know more about me and if I fit within the organization.

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Mississauga, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed with a list of questions to answer, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to make with us after 5 years?   1 Answer