TD Commerce Bank Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in July 2014.

Went via agency for interview that was set up for me. Met with the panel of 3 persons plus one called in. None of that was expected but I am ok with panel interviews. Most of their questions relied around very specific skill set which were clearly not on my resume (business knowledge wise), the ask was for Project manager, senior with banking background in wholesale/capital markets, not in private wealth management. I answered all the soft skills answers and situational ones, but was a tad confused by some of the other specifics. It's almost as if all the panel board was not exactly on the same page of what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have expert knowledge in private wealth management   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank.

If they are interested in hiring you based on your online application they will call you and do a short phone interview. If they are still interested after that they will set up like a pre employment orientation at the regional TDU (TD University) and tell you about all the opportunities they have available and a little bit of what you can expect from the company. If you are still interested after that they will schedule you for an interview for your first choice of "store" ( do NOT call them branches) / position thats available. My first interview took around 45 minutes and they asked me a lot of questions about my strengths and weaknesses, why I'm interested in TD, my long term goals, they really make sure you feel 200% compfortable selling the customers products ( which is good because if you get hired they care more about your sales than CWI-customer wow index). I didn't get hired at that store but they called HR and told them to let me interview at a second location because they did like me. My second interview was shorter but a lot of the same substance. Be prepared to have almost every employee that will work above you at the store in your interview. I had 5 people interviewing me the second time.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to role play a product selling scenario with them on the spot before you have any product knowledge.   Answer Question

Customer/Financial Services Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in November 2011.

Interviewer was very friendly,gave a lot of info about the job, but asked a lot questions about my personal life, such as what sports I play, that did not pertain at all to the job.I am a very private person, and I have a hidden disability from an accident that limits my sports activity, of course I did want to go into that, and did not follow up because I lost interest in the job and the company following the interview.After a several non job questions-sports, TV shows, sports, hobbies, etc, I said to the interviewer that I was not sure what she was getting at, that I didint have any outside activities that would prevent me from coming to work, but she kept pushing. I have had bosses too involved in my personal life before and I do NOT like that.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in February 2011.

very laid back interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2011.

Got a call from the recruiter to interview for an ask me to interview for an assistant manager position. Was there for two hours manager seemed like we made a match. Never got call to be told what happen.

Bank Manager Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in October 2010.

Slow to call,slow to interview....interview more like interrogation

Health Eucation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in September 2010.

First got called for an initial interview that lasted about an hour..then 3 days later got called for a second interview to perform a presentation on anything. It was with a group of interviewers. After that, they said they would call me before a certain date, but never received any call.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in June 2009.

Easy conversation with Branch Manager and Head Teller.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in January 2009.

not very technical

Teller Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at TD Commerce Bank in December 2008.

Got in contact with the company through applying on website, did a brief interview at headquarters, and was offered a job. Very basic questions and more of a screening process than a real interview.