TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Montreal, QC).

Interview

Applied online. Had a short phone interview. I had to do an online simulation and a personality test. I got a call 3 days later to arrange an face to face interview.

Software Developer I Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

I applied online, i interviewed once with the technical recruiter, and interviewed once onsite with the manager.Had to write java 3 objects and 2 methods for manipulating the data .

Emerging Talent Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Applied online through my university's hiring link, and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour. Two weeks later, I was invited to interview at the Jersey City, NJ office. Was flown out and had 4 interviews in one super interview day with different department managers and HR. Received a call about a week and a half later with their final decision.

Interview Questions

• You've been given a large, raw data set. How do you begin to break it down?   Answer Question
    • In what ways have you used excel to analyze and model data for a project?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and I had a phone interview followed by a phone interview with the branch manager. They were very responsive and the process went by pretty quickly. Both interviewees were friendly, no trick questions. Questions were based on my relevant experience, why TD Ameritrade and why the particular position interested me.

Active Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Applied online, followed by a online test, then phone interview. Interview was very formal, resume, personality questions, and interest in position. Lasted 30 minutes and was with two recruiters. Heard back from the company with an offer about a week later.

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website. A month or so later I received an email to do a phone interview. Then a week after that I did an interview in person received an offer the following week. The hiring process is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Know the 5 company values before they ask you about them.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TD Ameritrade (Beverly Hills, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions about resume and salary requirements. Wanted to know if I would be interested in other positions at different locations. Nothing too difficult. I was emailed a couple assessments to take online which I completed on personality and likelihood of passing the series 7 so math and problem solving questions. After completing the assessments the recruiter contacted me to move on to the in person interview with the branch manager. That interview lasted about an hour and went over the assessment and asked more situational questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary as long as your prepared. Branch manager was friendly so that always helps.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle upset customers who think they are always right and act entitled? (Because of location...)   Answer Question

Retail Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

initial meeting with HR. Second meeting with Hiring Manager and Peer to describe position, growth, challenges. Final meeting with the Director to gain additional information on department goals and position requirements.

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2015.

Interview

In person interview questions 7: How did you handle a difficult customer? You must answer in the form of a story e.g beginning, middle and end. Online testing timed: Cognitive skills test like logic, probability e.g coin flipping and simple math. In addition a test to measure your sales skills. I think the in-person interview questions carry more weight in their decisions than the online testing.

Interview Questions

• I did prepare questions prior to interview, but stumbled on the selling questions   Answer Question