T. Rowe Price

Updated 18 Feb, 2015

2.8

Technology Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

I found an interesting post on the company website - it was close to what I was looking for but not quite. The recruiter called me, we had a nice conversation and she asked if I had seen a different position that would better suited to may talents. She was, indeed, correct. I interviewed with her for over 30 minutes on the phone and then she set up 2 more phone interviews with the hiring manager and department manger. That went very well and I was asked to go to Baltimore for a day of interviews with several people. he day went really well because I was able to not only answer their questions in detail due to my expertise but because they were quite happy to answer mine and walk me through what working at T Rowe is like. They never sugar coated anything. I also knew the salaries where not the best in the industry but that benefits and retirement plans were surpassed by none. They were also VERY excited to have a candidate who wanted to move t Baltimore (a great city, IMHO).
    Over all, it was great day.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions focused on HR systems, my experience implementing them and challenges I inevitably met along the way. How did you handle the system owner who has sure they did not need to change?   View Answer
    Some negotiation but very little on salary. They are known for this. However, the benefits and moving expenses are fantastic. If they want you, they will get you where you need to be without you doing all the work. Very supportive and give constant guidance.

The retirement benefits are superb, but I would expect that from a company in the business of retirement.

One more nice bit - I was not the oldest person in the room. That has not happened for a LONG time.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

I was contacted after the HR initial review of my resume. It the HR professional 15-20 minutes to be satisfied that I should be a fit. One of the managers in the department recruiting also had a telephone interview with me before the in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by three Senior Managers. The duration was about 20-30 minutes, all questions were behavioral in nature. What would make your nervous appeared to be the joker for one of the managers. I did not get the job because before the reached out to me, I had secured a better one.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   View Answer
    accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer
    Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Investment Guidance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contacted by T.Rowe within two weeks of applying. Typical phone interview conducted by HR lasting about 45 minutes. Invited for second round involving behavioral, psychological and overall intelligence battery of tests/exams. Third round involved 2 person panel interview. Fourth round is where they extend to you the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty run-of-the-mill STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result)   Answer Question
    No negotiations, you either take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I submitted my resume through campus recruiting. The interview was pretty standard; nothing out of expectations. Two female associates interviewed me and wrote down my answers. I guess they were not the ones to decide if I were hired or not. The interview was pretty laid back and lasted for half an hour. They called back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the best and worst thing about teamwork? What was the greatest challenge you've encountered and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2014.

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why investment operations?
      Why T. Rowe Price?
      Biggest weaknesses?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Transaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I received an immediate response to the resume/application I submitted. They set up a phone interview. They asked questions about the resume and experience. Basically repeating what was already in front if them.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a boss or co worker and how did you resolve it."   Answer Question

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD (US)

interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer