T. Rowe Price

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at T. Rowe Price

Interview Details Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details The hiring started at my college. This lead to a phone interview. After a tour of the office and introduction PowerPoint presentation, you will probably interview with 2 employees: typically 2 supervisors. The interview primarily deals with behavioral style questions. They're looking for specific questions and detailed answers. "What was your thought process?" Interviews are about an hour long. They're looking for a good story teller. Also, be prepared to answer the "why you" in other words- why should we choose you.

Interview Question – Name a time you: motivated a team, accomplished a goal, dealt with a complicated client issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a negotiating firm.

Personal Services Client Manager Interview

Personal Services Client Manager
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details T. Rowe Price hires internally for most of their positions. I started in the Retail Investment Services group and then was asked to apply for the Personal Services group (High Dollar Value). Interview process is pretty straight-forward behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when..." This department focuses on service excellence and sales, so the questions center around times that you provided particularly good service or when you were able to uncover an 'unstated need' AKA sales opportunity and help a client there.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Unfortunately, T. Rowe basically knows who they are going to promote before they interview. If interviewing externally, then be prepared for questions that ask about collaboration and cooperation. Be cautious of questions that seem to ask about times you did something without prompting or direction, because they don't want people who are TOO independent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay structure is fixed and there is little (perhaps none) room for negotiation for non-exempt employees.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a boss?   Answer Question

Retirement Specialist Interview

Retirement Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Completed a phone interview first, then interviewed on-site with two managers. The questions were behavioral; nothing difficult but designed to see how well you will fit into the culture and what the company stands for.

Interview Question – I was asked to do a role-play during the interview. It wasn't difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Investment Operations Interview

Investment Operations

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Question – Questions were typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.

Investment Counselor Interview

Investment Counselor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Data & Reporting Analyst
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2013.

Interview Details After applying online, if they like your resume they will call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you will be given a couple dates/times to interview in person. You also must answer a questionnaire before a certain date.
When you arrive for the interview, dress professionally and be prepared. They take you on a tour of the building, tell you about the company, and then are interview by 2 employees. The ask questions about difficult situations and want you to be specific.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Service Associate Interview

Retail Service Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details Behavior style interviews. Starts with mini-phone interview and then to an in-person 1 hour interview. Tour provided when coming for interview with presentation on core values and benefits of the working here.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided feedback to peer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. It is a set starting salary.