T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

applied online through monster.com then had to do a online skills test through t-mobile.com, once that was a couple days had one on one phone interview. then finally a face to face group interview.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

If they are interested in you they will give you a phone interview first where you will answer questions about your resume and a couple behavioral questions. If you do answering the behavioral questions good they will schedule an actual interview. The phone interview took about 10-15 mins.

The actual interview begins with you listening to calls (side-jacking with an employee). Then you are taken into a room to explain your work history on your resume and what you did at each job. After you review your resume you start the questionnaire, which is 5 behavioral questions.

The 5 questions they asked me:
    1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
    2.Name a time you had an irate customer, what was their issue and how did you resolve it?
    3.Name a time you had to receive feedback or training from a superior. What was the feedback and how did you handle it? How did you apply it to your job?
    4.What kind of metrics were used by your previous employer. What did you do to make sure you were meeting or exceeding them every month?
    5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success?

After the questions you have to role-play a live call to see how comfortable you are on the phone and how you handle the call. You are given a piece of paper that has your company name, troubleshooting steps, and a short script on how to answer the phone to prepare you for your role play call. The interviewers leave the room and let you study the papers for 15 minutes and then they call the phone and act like a customer.

Advise: Be bubbly! Have a good attitude and make it seem like your happy to be there. Be specific with your answers to the behavioral questions, even if you have to lie.

Also, the online assesment when you are applying for the position is quite hard. You have to read and answer questions about fake instant messages that are coming in back to back, while solving word problems (math)... Honestly, you'll get a better score if you take the assesment with someone so that one of you can watch the instant messages while the other works on the math equations.

GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Questions
    • 1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
      5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success?
        View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

Applied online, two weeks later got a call to set up an in-store interview with store manager a few days later. Interview went well, very relaxed atmosphere. Store manager was impressed and wanted to hire me pending interview with District Manager. A week later had phone interview with DM that lasted about 30 mins and consisted of basic questions about experience and situations. Two days later got a call from store manager with offer. Scheduling to start training in two weeks.

Make sure you seems excited about the position and have several questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you think you will handle rejection? Sales? Quotas?
        Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Retail Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I applied for the job via internet and took a test online. Three weeks later I received an email for a "Panel interview". I went to the interview and there were 24 candidates in a conference room standing. The hireing managers introdused themselves and instructed us how the interview was to be conducted. Each candidate introduced himself. The next question that each candidate had to answer was what phone application we liked most. The last question was to sell an item we had in our pockets to the person to our left. Once this was done the managers left the room and after 15 minutes came back and dismissed the people that were not picked. I was one of those people. This was the most unprofessional interview that I have ever gone to. We were not even given the professional courtesy of a one on one interview. For a company the size and importance of t-mobile they do not know how to treat potential employees. I'm glad I didnt get the job because if that is the way that they treat their employees, I wouldnt want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell an item that you currently hqve in your pocket to the person that is standing to your left   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Very structured interview, the manager sat me down and pulled out his list of questions and wrote down everything that I said. Not a whole lot of surprising questions.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have to negotiate

T-Mobile Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Very smooth process and multiple interviews with different people which I like so it isn't as bias. The test they make you take was too standard and really had nothing to do with the actual job itself I think that could be updated or changed.

Interview Questions
    • There were tons of "difficult" questions daily but after research I could always resolve it in the end.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

Saw an job opportunity listing on Career Builder and applied for a hiring event they had going on. It was a basic application process, personal info, followed by a retail assessment test. I was reached out to about a week from the date i applied. Interview was very relaxed. I interviewed with two managers, one of whom hired me for her store. Asked usual questions; "why should we hire you?" "Why T-mobile?" "What makes you a good fit?"and a few questions about standard retail situations and how I handled them.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was where I get my phone news from   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Secured interview, met with hiring manager, then with team and CXO. isolated in conference room and managers cycle in and out. Final interview was with senior managers at VP and CXO level in their respective offices. Both were myopic, arrogant, rude. The CXO put me on hold while he answered phone calls for first 10min of interview then he appeared to have a very closed mind about listening to any point of view that did not support his position. He was all theory and no substance. The marketing VP had no creativity. His strategy consisted of lowering prices to grow, but he had no insight into his cost structure or margin- nor did he even seem to care. He displayed no creativity and basically wrote off any idea of differentiated services. He openly denigrated his VAS colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Was not a question it was a statement "we only hire from xyz company"   View Answer
    • It was a statement " focused on lowering costs to drive organic growth, we cannot do VAS"   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

I was called for an interview the day after I applied for the position. My first interview was casual; sat at a table with the store manager and went over my resume/work experience and answered questions that began with "Tell me about a time that you...." or "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" Just basic interview questions like that. The second interview was even more casual and laid back. He asked me more questions having to do with sales. I didn't have to pretend to sell him anything (like role playing), but I did have to explain to him HOW I would sell something in an effective way. It was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you applied something new you had learned on the job   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I gladly accepted $9 an hour and very generous commission!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

UN-flexible.

The best way to describe the interview process for a corporate store in my area is inflexible. After making it to the second interview process, I was unable to get a decent time for the interview when talking with the store manager. They were extremely difficult on the phone and just pointed the finger at me saying it is my fault I cannot meet the one time they gave me and would not allow me to reschedule because the district manager is "a very busy person."

Even after being ridiculed, I was unable to get the contact information for this person and even called another store to ask if they know the contact for this manager. I later find out that the associate I talked to complained that I "kept them on the phone for 20 minutes."

I am optimistic about T-Mobile and would still like to reschedule, but this in-store experience is horrendous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem for a customer.   Answer Question

Unable to meet the ONE (1) time and date for the second interview process.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!