T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 24 Nov, 2014
Updated 24 Nov, 2014

2.3

Bartender Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Sever/Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What makes you fit for this job?
      What's your availability?
        Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Restaurant Manager Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question
    None