T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr, 2015

2.3

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through snaga job received a call for an interview about a week later. First interview was the basic which was about me ,past experience ,& was informed about the job and duties I was told on the spot that I will continue to the 2nd interview which was pretty much the same talked about my avalability previous work experience...I was told on the spot to attend the 3rd interview which was dull and pointless I didn't see a point in 3interviews all of this could've been handled within one day...that interview I was ask what would I do in certain situations...wasn't offered a position before I left she said she would call later in the week she didn't so I called...she had me on hold for about 10mins than hung up on me I called back a man answered and he claim he was going to call back...this was all a waste of time and traveling fare .

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (City of Industry, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, they only wanted a good conversation about yourself, they didn't really ask interview questions, just personal questions about school and what your interests are such as sports or activities

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions

• How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Bartender Interview

Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!