T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014
Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.3

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Sever/Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      What makes you fit for this job?
      What's your availability?
        Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Restaurant Manager Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question
    None

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2014.

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Host Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`