T.G.I. Friday's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Springfield, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2013.

Interview Details I was Contacted by a recruiter - sent a link for an online management assessment then contacted for a one on one interview with Director of Operations. Short phone interview with head of HR. Interview was professional yet relaxed, very engaging. Didn't feel nervous or intimidated, staff was very courteous as the interview was conducted on site.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made an offer within previous salary ranges, met in the middle on base salary

Beverage Manager Interview

Beverage Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2012.

Interview Details It was an internal interview from an hourly position. Interview with the HR director in the area and then an interview with the district manager. You have to pass the assessment test to get to the second round. Final interview on the phone with the Vice President of the Region.

Interview Question – The fact that I was an hourly employee who had been with the company for many years my questions were more based on what I could bring to the management team to increase scores and profitability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer given as it was only my second salaried position.

Sever/Host Interview

Sever/Host

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
What makes you fit for this job?
What's your availability?
  Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview Details So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous work?   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Interview Question – scenario questions   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Question – How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2014.

Interview Details Upon receiving my resume I was invited to take an online assessment. I did not hear back so I followed up and was finally scheduled for a phone interview with HR - 11 days later. I was informed that I would be moving forward in the process with the district manager, but I did not hear back. I once again followed up and was finally scheduled to meet with a GM instead - this occurred 21 days after last contact. I was informed by the GM that I would be moving forward with the District Manager as originally intended. Once again there was no follow up - I tried contacting HR twice over the next 11 days until finally receiving a stock email letting me know they were moving in another direction. The entire process from beginning to end took 43 days.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly standard but interviews were very long - At least 90 minutes each and the GM was 20 minutes late to the second.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Busser TGI Fridays
Porter Ranch, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Westminster, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!