Symantec

Updated 17 Nov, 2014

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec.

HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Asked one design question for web proxy, and data structure question. C++ test on laptop. Asked for a short presentation on a topic. Then the usual behavioural questions, "Tell me about a time . . ."

Interview Questions
    • The C++ questions. You need to know C++ syntax in detail. There's no compiler, just an editor to enter responses.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

a bit grill on personality - how to handle test and work - technical test is ok not too difficult the whole process does not take long - 2 interviews - one for group interviews for techie and last interview with manager

not able to negotiate

Financial Analyst Rotation Program Interview

After applying, was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The person I talked to did not really know what he was doing and instead of asking me questions he were given, he ended up just asking me random questions about my background. He was extremely detailed and wanted to know every detail about my work experience and background, so know your resume inside and out! I was told by a recruiter that the interview was going to be very casual and they just wanted to get to know me but I was given a case study, which completely caught me off guard, especially since I was applying for an FA role not a consulting job. That kind of bombed it for me.

Nonetheless, the interviewer was extremely friendly and helped guide me through the case study.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult market sizing question based off of little to no information   Answer Question

Senior Automation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Have applied through Linked-in, HR got back with telephonic Round, for Mobile Automation Testing, 1-2 testing questions were asked, all were core java and data structure OOPS concept, cleared, 2nd round of technical interview, again same OOPS and java concepts have to write code here only 1 question in terms of automation testing,
    3rd round technical again, same concepts of OOPS, JAVA , Data Structure, No question on Testing or Tools or Mobility Automation <-- Didn't really understood what they really require?

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, How would you install application on device, How would you automate Login scenario, explain Activity Class in android app, interface vs abstract, Reverse String, Anagrams etc..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in November 2014.

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

initially i got call from recruiter about the opening within a week attended telephonic interview which was around 1 hours. once i completed the first round i went for face to face and had manager around. overall process took around 2 weeks to get the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • if your manager cant solve your reported problem what will be the next step ?   View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec.

After the call with a knowledgeable recruiter, spoke with one of the core persons in the team. This was for the first round. First round went well with the basic set of questions. Followed up and heard the team chose another candidate.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Two in-person interviews and a technical skills test.

First interview was by the manager, and the second interview was by the entire technical support team.
    Technical skills test was designed to see your technical skills AND demonstrate how you might find solutions you don't have the answer to.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest weakness in previous jobs, and how would you overcome it working in this current position?   View Answer