Symantec Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec.

HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Asked one design question for web proxy, and data structure question. C++ test on laptop. Asked for a short presentation on a topic. Then the usual behavioural questions, "Tell me about a time . . ."

Interview Questions
    • The C++ questions. You need to know C++ syntax in detail. There's no compiler, just an editor to enter responses.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

QA Engineer Interview

There was 2 technical rounds and was pretty easy. First round was technical and it was easy i did well. And second round was About day to day work.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

2 interviews and a relatively easy process, with request for commitment and effort on taking the company to the next level. Local interview with local GM and region VP were the interviewers.

The company has a reputation for paying well, but realistic on target earning quota are crucial for a good salary!

Encryption Software Engineer Interview

Was simple, was made to write code on phone interview for 45 minutes and 2 interviews on campus. Questions related to strings, arrays, queues. The whole process tooks about 3 weeks. Got the call from our career fair.

No Negotiation

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions
    • None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Pune Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec.

It was a campus interview.
    They took 1 written round - mcq of operating system and computer science
    then 3 technical rounds - all problems to be coded
    then 1 hr round - to test the communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Given a real world problem which data structure would you use.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Interview Questions

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!