Symantec

Updated 21 Feb, 2015

3.1

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec.

HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Asked one design question for web proxy, and data structure question. C++ test on laptop. Asked for a short presentation on a topic. Then the usual behavioural questions, "Tell me about a time . . ."

Interview Questions
    • The C++ questions. You need to know C++ syntax in detail. There's no compiler, just an editor to enter responses.   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Symantec.

Symantec's process was long and convoluted. Three months with many starts and stops. Strong words of encouragement followed by silence. Quite a frustrating process that was not at all streamlined. The hiring managers were also not receptive to questions about the team and job. I found that odd.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers had different angles. One person was all about psychology another focuses solely on process.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

It was a 2 hour interview. They asked about basics of Quality Assurance and problems related to it. They gave a real life scenario and asked me how I would test the surroundings in that scenario. They asked me to test the room lights using various scenarios.

Technical Support Analyst - French Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in January 2015.

3 hours interview with / no technical test was required

Most of the questions were related to my previous experience and how it would apply with the new role.

I was surprised not to undergo a technical test, although one of the interviewer asked me few examples on how to perform Certificate installations in different environments.

I got a screening call from the recruiter and was invited for an on site interview to be held in 2 weeks time.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and one of his team mates.

It was an interesting experience after-all, but yes, no job offer.

But I definitely recommend this company, and will try again.

Interview Questions
    • How do I install a SSL cerificate in an Apache web server   View Answer
    • What do I know about nginx environment   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

1) telephonic which is easy. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    2) face to face technical. there are very less c++ ,c questions
    3) Managerial round. ask for managerial questions
    4) HR round. nothing much it just take 5 min to complete

nothing

Sales Manager Interview

You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more.   Answer Question
    Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.

Intern - Hourly Interview

It was a phone interview. I could not hear the first couple questions clearly due to connection issues. Questions are mostly testing on my understanding of basic concepts such as do you prefer C++ or Java, or how do you do unit testing on a reverse string function. The coding part was to find the maximum number of appearances of a character in a string. Was asked to provide a couple test cases as well. My interviewer was a nice and patient guy. . I got the on site interview almost 2 weeks later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Coolest Interview process ever I had. 7 rounds of interview which includes assignment on MySQL as well. Screening questions done by Team leads and the three hours of technical round with IIT folks ranging across all platform and sectors. And then, quick assignment to be completed on MySQL Performance tuning areana and review meeting with Management teams.

Be prepared for long process and worth a try.

Selected Finally!!!

Interview Questions
    • Design a DB for Facebook to maintain the newsfeeds, bulk comments, photos and videos..   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in December 2014.

Three rounds of interview happenned on first day.All Basic questions from JAVA,Web Service.Asked to write test cases for Debit card payment page.Next day managerial round asked about projects.Questions are mostly based on projects