Symantec

292 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details HR Interview / Interview with Management / Interview with Director

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Interview Details Asked one design question for web proxy, and data structure question. C++ test on laptop. Asked for a short presentation on a topic. Then the usual behavioural questions, "Tell me about a time . . ."

Interview Question – The C++ questions. You need to know C++ syntax in detail. There's no compiler, just an editor to enter responses.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Culver City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details The process took a month. I was initially pre-screened by a person in Mountain View who later scheduled a phone interview with a Frontend Engineer. The phone interview was about 45 minutes. We talked about my previous experience and later she asked me a series of Javascript and jQuery questions. Basic questions like what is closure, variable hoisting, DOM manipulation questions. The onsite interview lasted 6 hours with six different 6 engineers. Some engineers were not asking too many technical questions and just wanted to get a feel for you. Some were very technical. Come prepared with Backbone.js and AngularJS knowledge.

Very Easy Interview

Principal Mobile Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and she setup the interview pretty fast. Had an initial phone screen and then invited onsite. Had an algorithm question, a few process related questions and such. The questions were very easy and the people talked very positively, as if I would be asked to join the next week. Anyhow the recruiting manager got back to me after a couple of weeks saying they were looking for people with more expertise in relevant area.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details It was a 5 hours in person interview. One hour for each interviewer. Questions were basic data structures and algorithms. I didn't get the offer because I didn't prepare and I stumbled on a couple of questions or maybe they were too picky on the candidates because the position has been available for a while.

Interview Question – They did ask something not related to the job but from your resume so make sure you know whatever you put on your resume   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details Worst ever I saw. People don't know how to interview for a director position. For example: They ask the commands in a technical interview for a director position. The interviewer's motto is to fail the candidate. I suggest them to have a feedback review for the interviewer.

Interview Question – What is the command to copy a file from local directory to Hadoop environment ( In an interview, a senior architect asked interviewer for a position of Director).   View Answer

Senior Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Interview Details A recruiter contacted me to go through the initial "smoke" test. Then I spoke with the position's manager who was mostly checking my personality. Spoke with a technical consultant next who quizzed me on the product I would be working with. Then finally interviewing with the customer the position was assigned to.

Interview Question – Did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions. The overall interview process was a breeze for me because I was a referral from another employee.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Culver City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details interview with HR, then phone interview with a Developer and finally 1-1 interview with 4 engineers

Interview Question – Detail java questions   Answer Question

Associate Hardware Engineer Interview

Culver City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details 1. Pre-screening by HR recruiter
2. Phone Interview with hiring manager
3. Non-Technical Interview
4. Technical Interview
5. Hired

Interview Question – Interviewers prepared and compiled questions from all network and VM related topics.
The questions based on scenario, and you need to describe the steps of troubleshooting and fix.
Sometimes, they also ask about Linux and DOS commands such as like diskpart
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer from other team

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec interview questions and advice. All 292 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.