Sutherland Global Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Windsor, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

Interview Details I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Question – Will you be returning to school anytime soon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Interviewed at Sutherland Global Services

Interview Details I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Interview Details first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Interview Question – some full forms of networking terms   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Windsor, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

Interview Details I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Question – Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2010.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process is actually good. They tell you right then and there if you're hired or not. They try to make the interview stress free for the applicant by making a few jokes here and there depending on the person who is interviewing you,

Interview Question – none that I've found to be difficult   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2014.

Interview Details The interview took place in DIET engineering college,anakapalli.The rounds were very simple.First round was JAM.All have to speak out on the same topic given.Vocabiulary plays a major role.If you are good at vocabulary it would be a cake walk.The major drawback was they took lot of time to conduct the second round.For me it took a day.The next day they have conducted a GD.Then there would be a Personal Interview round and the HR was really cool.Don't try to fake things.They will easily catch you.Be your self

Interview Question – Do you have a boy friend?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I studuied engineering to work for for a software company not for any random bpo

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2011.

Interview Details Direct Walk-in. Initial telephonic round was to judge on communication. Free-flowing conversation ability was judged. Was asked to provide directions to interview from point A in the city to point B in the city.
Second round was with HR as to job profile and kind of process am looking for.
Technical online test was conducted, which was quite out-dated, since it was 2011 and they were asking questions on the amount of space present on a 3.4 inch floppy drive.
A typing test. 25 Wpm was the target, got 35 wpm.
The operations round (technical process) was telephonic, the interviewer asked me how I would troubleshoot an internet issue.
I Started with standard probing about the exact cause of the issue, how long has it been occuring, what is the error message. etc.
Educated about various reasons due to which internet may not work. Was easy and interviewer was quite keen on hiring. Asked about job responsibilities, work hours and chances of overtime pay.
Interview was cagey about answering about client incentives, which is understandable.

Negotiation Details – Not much a possibility, They had pre-defined bands depending on your International BPO experience and last drawn salary.

Work At Home Consultant Interview

Work At Home Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating that they were interested in me completing a detailed profile. After completing the profile I was sent a link to take an additional assessment. This tested the suitability of my computer to support their system as per their computer requirements. After successfully passing that aspect it took me to another assessment that tested my ability to do calculations as well as most appropriate responses to different customer service questions. A few days later I received an email with a virtual interview. It prompted me to write down my answers to select questions while some would be random. When i was ready for the interview I received the call and replied yo questions asked. It gave the opportunity to rerecord answers if you weren't satisfied with the answer. A few days later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Interview Details Update inforation in job portals. Usually more than one HR call for the same position. How ever say no if you are sure of the postion and the process you want to get into. The salary would vary in different process. There is a GD and then a technical round followed by a Personal round with the HR Manager. Be confident and be sure of the answers you give here. Then a psychomatric test and a typing test to finish it off.

Interview Question – If you have any gap in you work and the reason to leave the last employment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate well, Ask for the right price for you skills, the company pays well for deserving candidates, if you are relocating for the work ask for the guest house and relocation charges.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

Interview Details When you manage to first fill out an Application, there will be two separate assessment test. The first one is the Basic Personality you see on EVERY job Application. The second one, is timed, and the Questions are truly Endless. The purpose is to see how many right answers you can get in the time allotment. For me, when it was done, the recruiter called me 2 Hours later for an Overview of the Job and Screening of the applicant. This purpose I extremely appreciate, because they basically describe the job and pay before scheduling the Interview; this saves time & gas, just in case it's a position you're not interested in.
After that - It's an interview with the Department Manager, and you're pretty much in from there if you pass a skills test (Which was a WPM Typing Test)

Interview Question – If you can explain customer service to someone on the Streets, how would you do it?   View Answer

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!