Sutherland Global Services

Updated 19 Feb, 2015
Updated 19 Feb, 2015

2.6

Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

1) Online questionnaire ( behavioral and aptitude )
    2) HR round after few weeks ( technical questions)
    3) Interview with the Manager (20 - 30 mins)

offer was given on the spot. 15 mins orientation about the company with some management person.

Interview Questions
    • What is a smart phone ?
      What is HDMI cable ?
      What is Set top box ?
      What is MAC Address ?

Answer Question
    No they offer only one figure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

I applied online Tuesday, Jan. 20th and received a call the next day during the evening for a phone interview. The person was very nice and even if my answer wasn't exactly what they were looking for, they told me how to improve my answer(s) and they were just all around wonderful about it. It took about 30 minutes over the phone (I did pretty good considering I wasn't expecting a call like that, took me totally off guard). After we were done, they scheduled a time for me to come in to do a one on one interview which was the next day. I walked in there really nervous and was taken to a small lobby where the secretary was very friendly and anyone who came through those doors acknowledged you with a smile. Even though they didn't get to my interview until half an hour after I was supposed to go in, I didn't mind as I know they are busy and I was content with the friendliness of the people in there. Someone came and guided me to a room where I was asked pretty simple questions like "How would you do with an upset customer?", "What is an IP Address on a computer for?", etc. If you've got even a small interest for computers, you'll do just fine. Once they learned that I could use one, they pretty much hired me. They offered me a job as soon as I was finished answering the questions and before I even signed anything, they made sure that I had all of the right information about what kind of job I would be doing and they made sure I had everything I needed to know. After the interview, I was taken to another room where someone else spoke to me to take my information (ID card, SIN, etc. so that they know you can legally work there is all) and they handed me a portfolio filled with many papers with information about everything the company does, stands for, your training duration, parking info, benefits, and so many more helpful things. They even went over every page with me to make sure I understood and had everything I needed to know and if I wasn't sure about something, they were more than happy to help. It was that interview that you always hope for (friendliness, respectful people, smiles, interests about you from others, etc.) but never really get, at least not in my experience. This was definitely a great experience. Orientation starts February 2nd and paid training starts February 3rd.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult at all. If you can use a computer and know a term or two, you're basically hired. The only question I can think of even though it really wasn't hard at all was something like "If you were on the phone with a customer and they had a problem that you were unfamiliar with, what would you do?"   View Answer
    There was none or I didn't ask. I was okay with what they offered already.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2014.

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Questions
    • Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

ADP SBS District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.

Interview Questions
    They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

At the first point of interview, they check whether you are able to perform in Voice or Non-voice. These are the rounds that will be conducted for every candidate.

For voice:

Chat Assessment.
          Online Technical Test
          Typing Test.
          Operations HR.

Interview Questions
    • Previous Work Experience.
      Roles & Responsibilities in the previous company.
      Basic technical questions.

Answer Question

Work From Home Customer Service Interview

The assessment was LENGTHY. Some of the questions were difficult and some tricky. Pay close attention to how they are worded. A large portion of the assessment included questions that are completely irrelevant to a customer service position i.e. geometry, word puzzles, what comes next in the series of pictures etc. The answer to one particular question gave you 4 possible answers to choose from, 3 of which were TRUE! I just ended up taking a stab at it. On top of all this, it said that it would take you approximately 45 minutes to complete the assessment...are you kidding me?!!! This is not at all accurate. In addition, the job posting said nothing about having to have your computer hard wired during the time you are taking their assessment!! I was using wi-fi when I started it, arrgg! I ended up having to move my PC into another room so that I could hard wire it. Thankfully, they do send you an email once you begin the process that allows you to link back up to the assessment and continue where you left off (basically). Next up, a virtual interview. I have not yet completed this process.