Sutherland Global Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Windsor, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

Interview Details I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Question – Will you be returning to school anytime soon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support

Interviewed at Sutherland Global Services

Interview Details I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Interview Details first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Interview Question – some full forms of networking terms   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Windsor, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

Interview Details I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Question – Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Cochin (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details Hiring Process

Hiring is genuine and there are no scams
Background verification not fully
No off during season time in some process
night shift majority of time
Need to probe before you come with a fix with your final pay

Interview Process

Interview process is real simple
Interview is pretty straight forward
Not too many questions are asked during interview

Interview Question – you will have to wait hours before your turn comes   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Remote, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Customer Support Executive Interview

Customer Support Executive
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2010.

Interview Details First round will be an self introduction; second will be Essay Writing; Third round will be Typing Test;
Fourth round will be Aptitude; Fifty round will be Chat round and the last one is HR Interview followed by Offer Letter.

Interview Question – Chat round with a HR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you're a fresher, they'll determine the salary and if not you can negotiate with better hike.

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Thāne (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2010.

Interview Details 1.Tell me about your self 2.why should i select you?. 3.what are your strength and Weakness? 4.What are your hobbies? 4. what do you know about aviation industry? 5. Will you leave our organisation if IBM Hires you(as i was from computers Background)?6. What is Todays newspapers headline?

Interview Question – What are your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had fixed CTC for Freshers

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Cochin (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details Interview process is one misery. They test our patience to its core. Not at all professional at times. They simply want us to go here and there. Have to wait the whole day, sometimes till night. Highly recommended for people who really needs a job to survive. Else you have to be really smart to manage the hurdles!

Interview Question – Nothing to be worried about at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They mostly wont accept negotiation

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2014.

Interview Details Great... It was professional approach. No time wasted quick results. Every one from the HR till the management was very good. Like the Company policy for its employees
The Offer Letter Process takes a awe full Long time and after several commitments they could still not meet the deadline I kept following up every day only to be told that its pending approval and the initial SLA given to me was 24hrs . I have been waiting for 144hrs now and still have not received it. May be its a Process but should provide an approx turn around time if not exact.....

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!