Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.6

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

1) Online questionnaire ( behavioral and aptitude )
    2) HR round after few weeks ( technical questions)
    3) Interview with the Manager (20 - 30 mins)

offer was given on the spot. 15 mins orientation about the company with some management person.

Interview Questions

• What is a smart phone ?
      What is HDMI cable ?
      What is Set top box ?
      What is MAC Address ?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No they offer only one figure

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online Tuesday, Jan. 20th and received a call the next day during the evening for a phone interview. The person was very nice and even if my answer wasn't exactly what they were looking for, they told me how to improve my answer(s) and they were just all around wonderful about it. It took about 30 minutes over the phone (I did pretty good considering I wasn't expecting a call like that, took me totally off guard). After we were done, they scheduled a time for me to come in to do a one on one interview which was the next day. I walked in there really nervous and was taken to a small lobby where the secretary was very friendly and anyone who came through those doors acknowledged you with a smile. Even though they didn't get to my interview until half an hour after I was supposed to go in, I didn't mind as I know they are busy and I was content with the friendliness of the people in there. Someone came and guided me to a room where I was asked pretty simple questions like "How would you do with an upset customer?", "What is an IP Address on a computer for?", etc. If you've got even a small interest for computers, you'll do just fine. Once they learned that I could use one, they pretty much hired me. They offered me a job as soon as I was finished answering the questions and before I even signed anything, they made sure that I had all of the right information about what kind of job I would be doing and they made sure I had everything I needed to know. After the interview, I was taken to another room where someone else spoke to me to take my information (ID card, SIN, etc. so that they know you can legally work there is all) and they handed me a portfolio filled with many papers with information about everything the company does, stands for, your training duration, parking info, benefits, and so many more helpful things. They even went over every page with me to make sure I understood and had everything I needed to know and if I wasn't sure about something, they were more than happy to help. It was that interview that you always hope for (friendliness, respectful people, smiles, interests about you from others, etc.) but never really get, at least not in my experience. This was definitely a great experience. Orientation starts February 2nd and paid training starts February 3rd.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult at all. If you can use a computer and know a term or two, you're basically hired. The only question I can think of even though it really wasn't hard at all was something like "If you were on the phone with a customer and they had a problem that you were unfamiliar with, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none or I didn't ask. I was okay with what they offered already.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, it took them 2 weeks to call me. The phone interview was short and fun, went to the interview with HR next day, it didn't take much time, he asked me some questions about how to deal with customers and general information about technology

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in September 2014.

Interview

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Interview

I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in April 2012.

Interview

I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in April 2010.

Interview

I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Questions

• Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Windsor, ON) in December 2009.

Interview

first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Business Controller Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts?   Answer Question