Sutherland Global Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Windsor, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

Interview Details I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Question – Will you be returning to school anytime soon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support

Interviewed at Sutherland Global Services

Interview Details I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Windsor, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Interview Details first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Interview Question – some full forms of networking terms   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Windsor, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

Interview Details I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Question – Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Work At Home Consultant Interview

Work At Home Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating that they were interested in me completing a detailed profile. After completing the profile I was sent a link to take an additional assessment. This tested the suitability of my computer to support their system as per their computer requirements. After successfully passing that aspect it took me to another assessment that tested my ability to do calculations as well as most appropriate responses to different customer service questions. A few days later I received an email with a virtual interview. It prompted me to write down my answers to select questions while some would be random. When i was ready for the interview I received the call and replied yo questions asked. It gave the opportunity to rerecord answers if you weren't satisfied with the answer. A few days later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Interview Details Update inforation in job portals. Usually more than one HR call for the same position. How ever say no if you are sure of the postion and the process you want to get into. The salary would vary in different process. There is a GD and then a technical round followed by a Personal round with the HR Manager. Be confident and be sure of the answers you give here. Then a psychomatric test and a typing test to finish it off.

Interview Question – If you have any gap in you work and the reason to leave the last employment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate well, Ask for the right price for you skills, the company pays well for deserving candidates, if you are relocating for the work ask for the guest house and relocation charges.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

Interview Details When you manage to first fill out an Application, there will be two separate assessment test. The first one is the Basic Personality you see on EVERY job Application. The second one, is timed, and the Questions are truly Endless. The purpose is to see how many right answers you can get in the time allotment. For me, when it was done, the recruiter called me 2 Hours later for an Overview of the Job and Screening of the applicant. This purpose I extremely appreciate, because they basically describe the job and pay before scheduling the Interview; this saves time & gas, just in case it's a position you're not interested in.
After that - It's an interview with the Department Manager, and you're pretty much in from there if you pass a skills test (Which was a WPM Typing Test)

Interview Question – If you can explain customer service to someone on the Streets, how would you do it?   View Answer

MIS Executive Interview

MIS Executive
Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

Interview Details It was walk in Interview with first round-Excel assessment test & Aptitude test.Excel assessment is about functions used in it .Aptitude mixed type mathematical,picture,etc..The test will be online in pc..

Interview Question – Some of the rare functions used in excel..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Cochin (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details Hiring Process

Hiring is genuine and there are no scams
Background verification not fully
No off during season time in some process
night shift majority of time
Need to probe before you come with a fix with your final pay

Interview Process

Interview process is real simple
Interview is pretty straight forward
Not too many questions are asked during interview

Interview Question – you will have to wait hours before your turn comes   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Remote, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!