Sutherland Global Services

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Technical Support Interview

I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Questions
    • Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Tier I Tech Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2013.

Recruitor told me it was not a selling job, just look and suggest things to enhance service, we were to focus on fixing. Wrong They are over board on sales.

Tax Software Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question

Customer Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2010.

The interview process will have 5 rounds. The first one is writing about any topic given by the employer for one and half page then they will provide a sheet to test our grammatical skills then they will ask us to type to have average of 35 words per minute. Then they will give you a situation to solve it in a mail format if it is for an amazon customer support process. After that they will ask us to have Sutherland Behaviour Assessment Test.

Interview Questions
    • In the self behaviour assessment test some questions will be difficult to answer.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2010.

The hiring and interview process is actually good. They tell you right then and there if you're hired or not. They try to make the interview stress free for the applicant by making a few jokes here and there depending on the person who is interviewing you,

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2014.

The interview took place in DIET engineering college,anakapalli.The rounds were very simple.First round was JAM.All have to speak out on the same topic given.Vocabiulary plays a major role.If you are good at vocabulary it would be a cake walk.The major drawback was they took lot of time to conduct the second round.For me it took a day.The next day they have conducted a GD.Then there would be a Personal Interview round and the HR was really cool.Don't try to fake things.They will easily catch you.Be your self

Interview Questions

I studuied engineering to work for for a software company not for any random bpo

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2011.

Direct Walk-in. Initial telephonic round was to judge on communication. Free-flowing conversation ability was judged. Was asked to provide directions to interview from point A in the city to point B in the city.
    Second round was with HR as to job profile and kind of process am looking for.
    Technical online test was conducted, which was quite out-dated, since it was 2011 and they were asking questions on the amount of space present on a 3.4 inch floppy drive.
    A typing test. 25 Wpm was the target, got 35 wpm.
    The operations round (technical process) was telephonic, the interviewer asked me how I would troubleshoot an internet issue.
    I Started with standard probing about the exact cause of the issue, how long has it been occuring, what is the error message. etc.
    Educated about various reasons due to which internet may not work. Was easy and interviewer was quite keen on hiring. Asked about job responsibilities, work hours and chances of overtime pay.
    Interview was cagey about answering about client incentives, which is understandable.

Not much a possibility, They had pre-defined bands depending on your International BPO experience and last drawn salary.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!