Sutherland Global Services

Updated 21 Oct, 2014

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2014.

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

I applied online and gave an online assessment. Then I attended a job fair and offered a interview. After interview I was called in for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2012.

I initially applied online and filled out a series of questions mostly behavioural ones. Shortly after that I was called in my a recruiter to have a simple face to face interview to see which program I was best suited for. After that she said she would call me to move on to the next interview with a manager. It took a while to hear back, so I called myself to follow up on the interview and she said she was just going to call me to as are something up for the following week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start off at minimum wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Questions
    • Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

first i gave an online test.then i received a call and they asked me about general stuff like my educational qualification and if i was flexible to work in shifts.they called me to the office and there was a online computer test consisting questions regarding networking. then had a 1:1 interview. they asked about some technical stuff. then had HR interview and was offered the job

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Since it is technical process candidate should have knowledge over Networking and OS along with good communication skill, type writing and grammar are also in concern. Apart from that candidate should be capable of taking responsibility.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

i attended interview in Sutherland for manual testing and it took 1 day
    there are 3 rounds 2 technical 1 hr
    i got selected on the same day itself.hr told me to release offer within a week but did not called for 1 month again they called and asked once telephonic round,had a good conversation of 35 min.they told definitely they will call,but i did not get the call

i think they cant pay the minimum salaries

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.

No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.

Tax Software Technician Interview

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question

Work At Home Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating that they were interested in me completing a detailed profile. After completing the profile I was sent a link to take an additional assessment. This tested the suitability of my computer to support their system as per their computer requirements. After successfully passing that aspect it took me to another assessment that tested my ability to do calculations as well as most appropriate responses to different customer service questions. A few days later I received an email with a virtual interview. It prompted me to write down my answers to select questions while some would be random. When i was ready for the interview I received the call and replied yo questions asked. It gave the opportunity to rerecord answers if you weren't satisfied with the answer. A few days later I received a call with a job offer.