SunGard

Interview Details Had 1 phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interviewed at SunGard

Interview Details Detail oriented interview.

Interview Question – Can't rememebr the most difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Regional Director Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview Details Took several months from initial interview to start date. Very involved, met numerous management teams. All very willing to provide insight into the company, culture and open position. SunGard was in growth mode at the time. People were excited to be part of the team. Inteviews focused on sales performance and team development. Strong culture and work ethics stressed.

Interview Question – What books had I most recently read.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick - hiring manager wanted the position filled.

Operations Tech Interview

Operations Tech
Somerville, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview Details It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Question – Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   View Answer

Vice President Accounting Operations Interview

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SunGard in August 2010.

Interview Details Recruiting process is long with multiple screenings / interviews

Interview Question – Candidates in finance need to bring a detailed understanding of best practices in our industry. Be prepared to answer questions relating to process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is some room for negotiation of salary, vacation, bonus, relocation

Specialist- Testing Interview

Specialist- Testing
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial call to offer letter completed in 2 weeks.
3 rounds - Technical, Manager and HR

Interview Question – Questions are asked related to Testing and specifically questions are related to skill sets mentioned in Resume.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Treasury Senior Financial Applications Analyst/Implementation Consultant Interview

Calabasas, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at SunGard in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
What is your salary history?
Why have you left previous employers?
Why are you interested in working here?
What do you know about investment accounting?
What do you know about general accounting?
What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in September 2012.

Interview Details applied on company web site, then hr called, then team lead call then team lead and business manger call then had to do a presentation. Job offer, background check hired

Interview Question – getting the 10 minute presentation ready..why should I hire you questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room to negotiation

Oracle Functional Interview

Wayne, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunGard in October 2013.

Interview Details First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very well and fair !

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SunGard.

Interview Details 4 rounds,
1 round from Pune team,
2 round from Onsite
3 face to face, Manager
4 round face to face, Sr manager same day as above (More of personality and attitude check)

Interview Question – questions were very basic and depends on project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary below standards,

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard interview questions and advice. All 51 interview reviews are posted anonymously by SunGard employees and interview candidates.