Subway Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

1.7

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Manager called me in for interview, asked me some questions about my skills and resume and if I could handle cash, generally quite straightforward. Asked about availability and talked about the general schedule plan.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer who spilled hot coffee on themselves?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway in September 2014.

It was very relaxed. The woman was very friendly and I expected to be nervous but she made me feel much better and it was very calm. Asked very simple questions and was very laid back. Super simple interview and I got hired on the spot. Honestly I read a lot of reviews online beforehand and it had me really nervous but the most simple and best thing to do is just always be yourself. They don't want anything to seem rehearsed or planned. They want to get to know you as a person to make sure that you're a good fit for their shop. So be yourself and answer everything truthfully..they'll know and respect you more for it,

Interview Questions
    It's a minimum wage job. Simple as that. $10.40 an hour.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subway.

I filled out the online application form and got a call the next day to arrange for an interview. Had the interview the day after I applied and was offered a job at the end of the interview. Very basic questions were asked and the manager was extremely friendly.
    Dress well and be very friendly to make am impression. Being friendly seemed very important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in May 2014.

I made an online application last week on monday. I got a call on thursday for an interview on saturday. The Interview went well but is it normal to have the manager tell you that if you don't get a call back by monday don't be upset if you didn't get the job......never had that happen in my life of doing interviews and I've done 3 got refused those 3 so I'm hoping this will be good. The questions were basic questions but mainly speaking about my past job experiences and what i had to do and my schooling.

Interview Questions
    • why did you choose the program you are in at college? What are three quantities someone needs to have to work in this restaurant?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

you submit your resume, two week later they called ask for an interview. ask basic interview questions.

no negotiation

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in person in the morning and by the afternoon I got a call for interview. The manager was not that friendly and just asked directly my avalible time and past relative experience. After knowing I didn't have any sandwich experience, he asked me how many hour did I need for training, which is out of my expectation. I ansewerd 2 hours, since I thought it's not hard to learn to make a sub and I've consumed more than 100 subs by that time.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked me how many hour did I need for training.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in August 2013.

I applied online and received an email a few days later. I was asked to bring my resume to the store for a short interview. The interview briefly talked about the tasks and how they hope I would stay for a long time because it wastes their time to keep training new employees. It also included a few questions about my availability but no scenario questions. Training will not be paid and there are no documents to sign. I just had to show up in a week to begin training and it does not guarantee the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, there weren't any experience questions either....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

Gave them my resume in person. Waited until the manager was free near the end of the shift and she promptly interviewed me, which consisted of filling out forms and asking basic personal information questions. Nothing hard.
    Afterwards, training consisted of working frontline and preparing ingredients. You are also required to fill out an online training survey thing called Subway University. This usually takes about 5-7 days, doing a little bit everyday.

Unable to negotiate for pay, but that was expected. Minimum wage afterwards for 6 months until I quit (for an unrelated reason).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway in May 2013.

I applied online and received and email asking if I could come in for an interview about a week later. When I came in for the interview I had a one-on-one interview with the Manager in the seating area where I was asked basic interview questions and told what to expect from the job. A few hours later I got the call and was told to come in for training later that week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic interview questions about past experience and avaliability   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Well, I got a phone call asking if i'd like to come in for a interview. I came in, she sat me down inside a booth and started asking me questions regarding as to why I applied here. I told her because I hope to voercome my social anxiety by being exposed to costumers all day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is the worst quality about yourself?   View Answer