Subway Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

The interview process was really simple. I showed up and the owner of the store asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there - you know, basic behavioural questions. He brought up the online personality quiz that they use to screen for applicants and apparently I scored very high in all aspects. Afterwards the owner talked about what he wants in an employee, what my basic duties were going to be, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if you got an offer somewhere else?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway (Surrey, BC).

Interview

Arrived at the place 15 minutes before. Waited for interviewer for 40 minutes, interviewer was wearing a baseball cap, t-shirt and shorts. Got called in, asked a few questions, interviewer's attention was divided, didn't look at me in the face, was late, condescending, rude, and unprofessional. Unfortunately got the job, had no choice but to take it (staffing agency had time for another interview).

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you over the rest?   Answer Question
    • If a customer came in 2 minutes before closing, would you still serve him?   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

Interview

Manager called me in for interview, asked me some questions about my skills and resume and if I could handle cash, generally quite straightforward. Asked about availability and talked about the general schedule plan.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer who spilled hot coffee on themselves?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway (Halifax, NS) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed. The woman was very friendly and I expected to be nervous but she made me feel much better and it was very calm. Asked very simple questions and was very laid back. Super simple interview and I got hired on the spot. Honestly I read a lot of reviews online beforehand and it had me really nervous but the most simple and best thing to do is just always be yourself. They don't want anything to seem rehearsed or planned. They want to get to know you as a person to make sure that you're a good fit for their shop. So be yourself and answer everything truthfully..they'll know and respect you more for it,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a minimum wage job. Simple as that. $10.40 an hour.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call around 2 weeks later. Was called to be interviewed at a far away location then when I got there she told me it was actually to a closer one. Interview took place in the lobby. The interviewer was friendly, although she acted kind of patronizing when she found out I was only 17. They ask you to do subtraction the long way so be ready for that (does this place not have cash registers...?)

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subway.

Interview

I filled out the online application form and got a call the next day to arrange for an interview. Had the interview the day after I applied and was offered a job at the end of the interview. Very basic questions were asked and the manager was extremely friendly.
    Dress well and be very friendly to make am impression. Being friendly seemed very important.

Anonymous Employee in Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway (Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC) in May 2014.

Interview

I made an online application last week on monday. I got a call on thursday for an interview on saturday. The Interview went well but is it normal to have the manager tell you that if you don't get a call back by monday don't be upset if you didn't get the job......never had that happen in my life of doing interviews and I've done 3 got refused those 3 so I'm hoping this will be good. The questions were basic questions but mainly speaking about my past job experiences and what i had to do and my schooling.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose the program you are in at college? What are three quantities someone needs to have to work in this restaurant?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

you submit your resume, two week later they called ask for an interview. ask basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied in person in the morning and by the afternoon I got a call for interview. The manager was not that friendly and just asked directly my avalible time and past relative experience. After knowing I didn't have any sandwich experience, he asked me how many hour did I need for training, which is out of my expectation. I ansewerd 2 hours, since I thought it's not hard to learn to make a sub and I've consumed more than 100 subs by that time.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me how many hour did I need for training.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway (Vancouver, BC) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later. I was asked to bring my resume to the store for a short interview. The interview briefly talked about the tasks and how they hope I would stay for a long time because it wastes their time to keep training new employees. It also included a few questions about my availability but no scenario questions. Training will not be paid and there are no documents to sign. I just had to show up in a week to begin training and it does not guarantee the job.

Interview Questions

• None, there weren't any experience questions either....   Answer Question