Stryker Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jul, 2014

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Was contacted by email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a job in the Bay Area. Set up a quick 15 minute phone interview with her and then was set up with another phone interview with the sales managers. That was with 2 people on a conference call and lasted about an hour. They seemed somewhat unprepared, but regardless the interview was smooth and they asked me all generic sales experience questions.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do when you were unable to help a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Interviewed initially with sales manager and area director simultaneously. Was asked a few questions about my sales style, approach and experience then they took turns for 30-40 minutes telling me why Stryker was better than the competition. Received a call 3 hours later to schedule a ride-along with sales rep.

"Ride-along" ended up being a 30 minute interview *to which they arrived 30 mins late* with the two aforementioned employees and the sales rep. They collectively did all the talking. Received a call later that day to tell me I was the person and I merely had to interview with the VP the following week.

VP interview went well. Took Gallup two weeks later. Gallup folks told me my results would be in the hands of my hiring manager with 48 hours and I should follow up with hiring manager. For some reason, however, my hiring manager told me 3 days later, a week later and two weeks later that my results had yet to arrive. At the one week point I didnt feel I was being dealt with honestly and continued my search elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging point of your career thus far?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in November 2013.

Received an Email about Phone Interview. Phone interview was about 20 minutes, very brief and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were able to change a customers mind completely.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

applied online and was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen. Spoke with HR for about 30-45 minutes, then was told they were too far along in the hiring process to submit me now. Was then forwarded on to a hiring manager for a different role. Spoke with manager, she basically convinced me the position was not glamorous, would be working from the bottom, and I was most likely over qualified. She asked me to think about it, and get back to her. I declined to proceed.

Interview Questions
    • standard questions: what do you know about the company? why do you want to work here? strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

The territory manager sent my resume to the hiring manager with whom I had a half an hour informal interview over dinner. Rode along with rep, but never heard back from manager.During the interview he gave every positive signal that I was the right fit for the job, but then I just never heard back from him, despite escalating work load for the associate-less rep and pressure from his end to the manager and multiple phone calls from me. Two months later HR called to interview me, but the HR person had a family emergency and had to reschedule. They never rescheduled. Another two months later I got a rejection email. All in all, it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I consider it to be the height of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave the easy world of pharma for this?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • They were the standard questions she read straight from a list.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Extremely lengthy yet thorough interview process. Many steps but well worth it as Stryker hires the most talented sales reps.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with a situation that goes against your morals? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Still in process!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

1 short 15 minute phone screen, 2 face-to-face interviews, read Strengths Finder Book 2.0 and did only survey to find my Top 5 strengths, then I went to the local home office to demonstrate a surgical procedure from to start until finish and to also assemble instruments in the order they would be used for the procedure, I had 2 ride-A-long in the OR, and a Gallup phone interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • You are faced with one product that you can sell in bulk with pricing flexibility and another product that has no pricing flexibility but it is a higher ticket item. You can only sell one of the two forever which one do you sell and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

The phone interview was very brief and to the point. The recruiter seemed rushed and it only lasted 10 minutes. She asked the standard interview questions of why I chose and left the company, what was my biggest accomplishment and why do I want to join the company. After that I asked her what the next steps were, she said she would forward my information to the hiring manager and hear back in two weeks. Unfortunately, I got a rejection letter 3 days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

Stryker is a leader in medical device sales and I was honored to have interviewed with them. They were very friendly and the interview was a casual conversation about the position and why I would fit with them. Overall the interview went great and was a low stress situation.