Stryker

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

3.4

Tendering and Contracts Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Lengthy interview process. Begins with a screener call, proceeds with a third party interview by Gallup, if you are successful in this you move to in person interviews 2-6 in person interviews are possible.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions difficult in the in-person interviews, the third party Gallup interview was challenging as you don't really know the strategy behind it.   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in February 2013.

Contacted by email,Phone interview, then face to face warehouse manager and recruiter, gallup, interview with team lead and warehouse manager then an interview with supply chain director and another manager. Long process!

Interview Questions
    • Was told that the designation in inventory II was working towards would never happen or be useful at the company you also need a BA as well. Told this at the last interview!!! Why wait to tell me this at the last interview?   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Phone interview and In-person interview with HR Rep and Supervisor. They will ask a lot of questions about how you are as a person and whether you fit into their company mold, mainly hard working and will get the job done. The ability to work as a team is something they are really looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given a negative job performance review? Why did it happen?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

It was a complicated and long hiring process. Started with a short telephone interview and then proceeded to 3 in person interviews from the HR person who originally contacted me to the person who would be my direct manager and then HIS supervisor. Then I was informed that I would have to take the Gallup interview....

Interview Questions
    • Does your style change depending on who you're with?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker.

On-site personal interview day.
    Hiring Manager Interview
    Technical Interview 1
    Technical Interview 2
    Technical Interview 3
    Hiring Manager Interview
    HR Wrap Up

Hiring managers: Hiring managers were friendly and charismatic. They felt like the people you WOULD like to work for.

The engineers who interviewed me, though, were another story.
    Technical Interview 1: One was an introverted soft-spoken man who never responded to the answers I was giving for technical questions. Essentially faced with a blank face, I was unsure what to do next after answering a question.
    Technical Interview 3: This guy was easily very proud of himself. After answering questions, he was eager to correct me and point out what was wrong. At one point, he called me a liar, which was very offensive. He was quite spiteful in his tone of voice--until his superior came to interview me. Then he turned all smiles and "bro-on-bro," which only made me more disappointed with who I would be working alongside with.

HR was extremely friendly and dynamic, but I will not pursue a job there considering the people they chose to interview me were not inspiring.

Interview Questions
    • How multiple communication protocols worked from a low-level all the way to top-level.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First, I went through a phone screen that was very easy. Next, there was an outsourced interview that was much longer. Questions asked were not relevant to position, especially as a student.