Stryker Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

3.4

Tendering and Contracts Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Lengthy interview process. Begins with a screener call, proceeds with a third party interview by Gallup, if you are successful in this you move to in person interviews 2-6 in person interviews are possible.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions difficult in the in-person interviews, the third party Gallup interview was challenging as you don't really know the strategy behind it.   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in February 2013.

Contacted by email,Phone interview, then face to face warehouse manager and recruiter, gallup, interview with team lead and warehouse manager then an interview with supply chain director and another manager. Long process!

Interview Questions
    • Was told that the designation in inventory II was working towards would never happen or be useful at the company you also need a BA as well. Told this at the last interview!!! Why wait to tell me this at the last interview?   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Phone interview and In-person interview with HR Rep and Supervisor. They will ask a lot of questions about how you are as a person and whether you fit into their company mold, mainly hard working and will get the job done. The ability to work as a team is something they are really looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given a negative job performance review? Why did it happen?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

It was a complicated and long hiring process. Started with a short telephone interview and then proceeded to 3 in person interviews from the HR person who originally contacted me to the person who would be my direct manager and then HIS supervisor. Then I was informed that I would have to take the Gallup interview....

Interview Questions
    • Does your style change depending on who you're with?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Spoke with recruiters at the career fair and then was invited back for an on campus interview the next day. In the interview they asked me questions regarding my resume and ended with a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • The personality test was tough in general because they want a yes or no answer most of the time but they weren't always yes or no questions. Ex: Do you want your coworkers to like you?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

It's a on campus recruiting, and this is the first round of interview. There were a lot of Gullup questions towards the end of the interview. The requirement is to answer them without thinking too much into it. The format is very similar to some of the online personality questions.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

If you are interviewing via an on campus interview, the first round interview will be half technical questions, and half "fit" questions, to see if you will fit in the Stryker culture.
    if you make it past the interview on campus, you may have a phone interview with the team that wants to work with you to see if you would fit the job description. After that, you will have a gallup personality test done, that is done over the phone and takes about a half hour. then you will have on-site interviews if you make it past that point.

Interview Questions
    • As far as the technical questions, they will ask you things like "what is something that you have gained a high degree of competency?", and then ask you to go into detail about it. As far as the fit quetions, they may ask you things like:
      Are you more aggressive then others
      how you you rate your aggressiveness on a scale of 1 to 5?
       A follow-up question could require the participant to give an example of a situation where they did or did not use aggression to handle a situation.
      What was the last thing you purchased for someone?
      How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1-5?
      Why do you think you are more qualified for this job compared to others that are applying for the position? Please be specific.
      Do you consider yourself to be an egotistical person?
      Would you prefer to be paid on an hourly basis or do you think that you would be better suited with performance-based wages?
      How do you handle team members who do not pull their own weight while on the job?
      In a meeting, do you ever consider it unnecessary to talk?
        View Answer

Engineering Interview

First, I talked to a rep at a campus career fair. This led to an on campus interview, with mainly questions about what I was interested in and more technical questions regarding what I have already done. This interview also had behavioral/character questions. The following phone interview was very similar to the first. Third phone interview was Gallup (purely behavioral/character). I was told I would be contacted for a fourth interview, but communications ceased.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the depth and breadth of the engineering design work I had previously done.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Timeline: Recruiter Email Intro, Recruiter Phone Intro, Recruiter Interview, Hiring Manager Phone Interview, Gallup Interview, On Site Interview, Department Head Phone Interview, Offer. Recruiter and hiring manager were very responsive and ready to answer any questions relating to the company and the position. They focused a lot on personal career development and support employees exploring different roles in other departments within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult for the position, but Stryker has been the only company that I've taken the Gallup interview with   Answer Question

Took a gamble that the current job would be better financially in the long term

Intern Interview

Got on campus interview through career fair. I think it's more of a Q& A session than a interview. The interviewer asks you question and then keep taking notes when you are talking. Asked a lot of personality type stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something technical about you.   View Answer