Stryker Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014
Updated 25 Sep, 2014

3.4

Tendering and Contracts Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Lengthy interview process. Begins with a screener call, proceeds with a third party interview by Gallup, if you are successful in this you move to in person interviews 2-6 in person interviews are possible.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions difficult in the in-person interviews, the third party Gallup interview was challenging as you don't really know the strategy behind it.   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in February 2013.

Contacted by email,Phone interview, then face to face warehouse manager and recruiter, gallup, interview with team lead and warehouse manager then an interview with supply chain director and another manager. Long process!

Interview Questions
    • Was told that the designation in inventory II was working towards would never happen or be useful at the company you also need a BA as well. Told this at the last interview!!! Why wait to tell me this at the last interview?   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dundas, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Phone interview and In-person interview with HR Rep and Supervisor. They will ask a lot of questions about how you are as a person and whether you fit into their company mold, mainly hard working and will get the job done. The ability to work as a team is something they are really looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given a negative job performance review? Why did it happen?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

It was a complicated and long hiring process. Started with a short telephone interview and then proceeded to 3 in person interviews from the HR person who originally contacted me to the person who would be my direct manager and then HIS supervisor. Then I was informed that I would have to take the Gallup interview....

Interview Questions
    • Does your style change depending on who you're with?   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Stryker.

The hiring and interview process is long, but now I've learned that Stryker just wants to find you the right fit. Though it took a while, and a meeting with multiple teams, my recruiter cared enough to help find me the right place to be! My biggest hint would be not to get scared by reviews of the Gallup online. Just answer for who you are, in fact I thought it was fun! And I learned if my Gallup didn't match up to what they wanted, it didn't mean I failed, just that I wouldn't like working at Stryker.

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup is probably considered the toughest part, but I don't agree. Just be you, then focus on coming on-site because that's where you want to make sure you don't let up. Also, do some research on the group you are interviewing with, as well as what product they make or what they do. Lastly, Bring Your Resume...I looked a little silly the first time through, as I assumed they already had it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Pass the Gallup, you can download a copy of the questions on Scribd.com - they were almost exactly the same questions. Answer them honestly, but having them beforehand helps you self-reflect.
    Everyone was really nice and professional. Once you get past the Gallup they are surprisingly lax on the interviews, not as much grilling as I've had in my career.

This position is not a Product Marketing position - it's a glorified sales support position. Be sure to ask lots of questions about basic marketing functions like determining and implementing strategies, decision making processes on new product launches, etc - you will uncover that "product manager" at Stryker means "field sales support." Be sure you ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of what the position entails - I probed a lot and found this isn't a marketing or product management position at all despite what the job description says!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions weren't really hard, but just have lots of examples of behaviors. Actual interviews are quite easy - know the products and industry and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker.

This was a campus interview for me. There were several rounds starting from written test and then a group discussion followed by the technical and HR interview. After this, there was a behavioral interview by Gallup.
    In the technical interview our basic understanding of the subject was tested. The questions were simple and fundamental. The Gallup round was for approximately 1 hr with around 100-150 questions. This was the tough part where they ask questions regarding your achievements, your behavior and various other things, with examples. This was a mandatory for every new employee joining Stryker at any level. They made sure we would fit the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part I felt was to be prepared for the Gallup round, where questions like what did you achieve in the last one week? and how did you help a friend in the last one month? They were tricky because they would ask the same question again in a different form and make sure you are telling the truth.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Complaint Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Initial communication was good. Had hr call with basic background information. Then set follow up with Gallup personality review. Don't care about team work want driven decisive people who take charge from what I can tell.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!