Stryker

Updated 9 Dec, 2014
Updated 9 Dec, 2014

3.4

Tendering and Contracts Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Lengthy interview process. Begins with a screener call, proceeds with a third party interview by Gallup, if you are successful in this you move to in person interviews 2-6 in person interviews are possible.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions difficult in the in-person interviews, the third party Gallup interview was challenging as you don't really know the strategy behind it.   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in February 2013.

Contacted by email,Phone interview, then face to face warehouse manager and recruiter, gallup, interview with team lead and warehouse manager then an interview with supply chain director and another manager. Long process!

Interview Questions
    • Was told that the designation in inventory II was working towards would never happen or be useful at the company you also need a BA as well. Told this at the last interview!!! Why wait to tell me this at the last interview?   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundas, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Phone interview and In-person interview with HR Rep and Supervisor. They will ask a lot of questions about how you are as a person and whether you fit into their company mold, mainly hard working and will get the job done. The ability to work as a team is something they are really looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given a negative job performance review? Why did it happen?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

It was a complicated and long hiring process. Started with a short telephone interview and then proceeded to 3 in person interviews from the HR person who originally contacted me to the person who would be my direct manager and then HIS supervisor. Then I was informed that I would have to take the Gallup interview....

Interview Questions
    • Does your style change depending on who you're with?   View Answer

Endoscopic Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Stryker.

Very laid back interview process. First contact was via email, stating a position opened up. Set up face-to-face interview. Face to face was pretty laid back, but they really want people who have team-building skills, multi-tasking abilities, and a great positive personality. Next step is the Gallup phone interview. Just be yourself. BIGGEST TIP- Be prepared to answer all questions in S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task needed, Action Taken, Result of the Action). Smile through the phone, and remember that this is a position for team players i.e. serving, sports, leadership, fraternity/sorority etc!

Did not negotiate.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I talked to a recruiter at the job fair at my university and was contacted for an on campus interview.
    The on-campus interview was purely personality and behavioral with two interviewers. The first interviewer, who happened to be the recruiter that I spoke with, asked behavioral questions such as giving specific examples of when I displayed certain qualities. The second interviewer then asked my a series of rapid fire "yes" or "no" personality questions.
    I was contacted two weeks after the interview, inviting me for a second interview. This was a phone interview with a third party company called Gallup. I found this one to be harder because it was almost an hour of asking about personality and giving specific examples.
    I was just contacted for an on-site interview about a month after I completed the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you portray Type A traits like leadership, not being afraid to stand against the popular opinion, keeping busy, etc. What makes it challenging is that every question is followed by being asked to give a specific example of when you demonstrated the trait. MY mind was going blank because I was so nervous.   Answer Question

Distribution Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in December 2014.

The interview went really well. It was set up by Bradley Morris and I had good information about Stryker going into the interview along with information about my interviewer. I was asked basic interview type questions. For example, tell me a little about yourself and walk me through your resume. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with I handle conflict and resolve issues with customers. My interviewer was very personable and easy going and made the interview seem more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with customers when you cannot meet their demands?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Only went through initial round. Recruiter was very nice and asked basic questions. Simple behavioral interview. I felt like it went really well but I didnt' get an offer becasue I applied too late.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Employee I know gave me resume to recruiter, Initial phone interview with recruiter about 15 minutes. Pretty basic, get to know you/why want to work here/some gallup questions (eg. on a scale of 1-10 how organized are you). Then had gallup interview a week later over phone, about 30 minutes even though said it would take an hour. Asked for follow up on about 80% of questions (eg. do you handle conflict well? Give situation where you did). Next step was on-site interview a few weeks later