Stryker

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2014.

Interview Details I did an on-campus interview, and the first half of the interview was just me answering Gallup questions. The rest of the interview was more personable, and my interviewer asked pretty generic questions. The interviewer said that I'd receive a response within a week, but this turned out to be three weeks, which was kind of annoying.

Interview Question – The Gallup questions are definitely the most difficult since they're so fast-paced, but the rest of the interview questions I received were very straight-forward.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in October 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview:
I could tell the person was just reading questions and then typing my answers into a computer for later use. It was not very engaging.

Interview Question – Name an instance in which you solved an engineering related problem and how you went about doing it. Straight forward enough but I guess I was just caught off guard from hearing key strokes in the background.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Applied through school. On campus interview.

Interview Question – Describe something technical.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details First round = behavioral. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Again, nothing too difficult. Just be prepared for any kind of behavioral question they might ask you.   Answer Question

Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

Interview Details Through an employee referral, my resume was given to HR who contacted me to set up an interview for an accounting internship. I had an interview with an accounting manager which went well, but as I didn't have an accounting background, I was not chosen for the particular position. The manager still highly recommended me for an internship in general, so my recruiter set me up for another interview with a different department. I had a phone interview and then an in-person interview, both of which had standard behavioral questions. Stryker is very much into the Gallup and being aware of your leadership style, so a lot of questions were geared toward my personal work ethic as well as my personality in general.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details On campus interview, phone interview/personality test, flew out to San Jose location and had 8 half hour interviews

Interview Question – Do you compete with your peers?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details They came on campus for a career services day and held a booth. Interviews were on campus and there were many rounds. There were many tests including a personality test and most interview questions deal with behavioral situations.

Interview Question – Gave a device and asked how it works   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details Face to face interview, followed by Gallup phone interview. Comprehensive, 85 question situational screening, followed by half-day visit to headquarters

Interview Question – Do you like to work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Still pending

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details Submitted resume, planned for a phone screen, then invited on-site. Typical interview questions: Why the company, why your major, etc. Discussed a lot of what was on my resume, especially research and technical skills. Interviewers were friendly and casual - but do not dress casual, of course. Questions also on behavioral and technical topics.

Interview Question – All the usual questions, nothing too difficult or different.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

Interview Details "The Gauntlet" as they call it begins with a phone interview, typically, followed by a personality screening, and then an in-house interview. It's easy enough to look up the expected questions and answers they are looking for, but if you fake your way in you will likely not mesh with the company culture and will want to pull your hair out. The interview process is seeking out talented people - you need not have experience in medical devices or extensive knowledge on the company's background (just the basics to show you did your research).

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? (Always a toughie, but I was asked to reanswer after my first response was deemed not good enough!)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker Intern interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.