StoneMor Family Service Counselor Interview Questions

Updated 30 Mar, 2015

1.2

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at StoneMor in July 2014.

Interview

Looked at my resume and said you are hired. I met 2 managers the night before in a bar and actually was hired in the bar! The interview the next day lasted about 5 minutes, they gave me an application and some papers to read along with the Stone Mor manual.

Other Interview Reviews for StoneMor

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at StoneMor (Allentown, PA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by park manager and assistant manager who focused on stating a sales counselor could make 100,000 per year. Did not ask too much info about my background. Training consisted of sitting in with a counselor during hard sell meetings with actual families.

Interview Questions

• Do u have a another stream of income until you start making the big bucks, then you will qualify for our yearly trip.   1 Answer

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at StoneMor in November 2012.

Interview

I called on an ad in the paper and the manager returned my call within a few hours. I had an interview the next day. She was very easy to talk to and made me feel this was a calling, not just a job. I started within a short time and it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in a job like this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is really no chance to negotiate. It's take it or leave it.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at StoneMor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

My interview consisted of being taken around the property by the sales manager and being told that I would make $70,000 a year part time. She said that counselors were fed leads. Easy to make sales.

Interview Questions

• NO questions at all. Didn't ask me anything- just told me about her marvelous success   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8.00 an hour- which I was shocked and appalled at. But I was assured mega commissions so I thought I would give it a try.

"Family Service Counselor" Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at StoneMor in August 2010.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was exactly the type of person one does not want around families either pre-need or at-need - unfortunately I did not know that at the time. The interview was after office hours. He was a bit sleazy and incredibly unprofessional: cursing, saying negative things about other employees, asking inappropriate interview questions such as "You're hot, are you single?". The entire process that day lasted almost two hours. He turned me off to the job initially, but I opted to continue with the hiring process because of my interest in the death care industry, wanting to help people, and needing employment. After I accepted the offer, I had to wait for the results from a background check, which took about a week.

Interview Questions

• "You're hot, are you single?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate. Pay is minimum wage OR commission - whichever is higher. My advice: if you want to work in the death care industry, either at a cemetery or funeral home, find one that IS NOT corporately owned. Your experience will be much more rewarding.