Steven Madden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.5

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Met with the head designer. She was very nice. Thought I had it in the bag but they ended up choosing someone else. It was a good interview experience.

Planning Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Initial contact via in-house recruiter. Came in to interview with recruiter and hiring manager (VP). Came in a second time to meet with another VP and hiring manager again. Process was professional and pleasant

Informational Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Steven Madden.

I was contacted through a connection for an informative interview. She told me at the end of the interview that there were no positions open (this should have been mentioned over email before flying in for the interview). The interview was not personal, she used a scripted question and answer sheet.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

Applied on-line (process was pretty confusing); Received phone call next day; Quick, rather relaxed interview - felt very comfortable; offered job following week. I had shopped with interviewer and was recruited during a very pleasant shopping experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I got to the interview early. I waited for about 20 minutes before the interview started. I was asked basic questions and asked to sell a shoe. I was told I would hear back in a few days but its been a month and I haven't heard anything back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden in May 2014.

I came in and dropped off a resume at the Boulder location, and the manager asked me to sit and interview right away. The interview was pretty standard for a retail sales position, but the manager was really nice and close to my age so it felt really easy talking to her.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden in June 2011.

3 interviews, basic questions, know how to sell

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. base plus commission

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Steven Madden.

I had two interview one with the area manager and another with the manager of the store. Both interview lasted about 30-45 mins. In the interview I told more about my work history when asked question about my previous job positions. Went into depth on why I would like to work for the company. Talk much about customer due to dealing in that field.

Interview Questions
    • How to handle a customer that isn't loooking for a shoe?   View Answer
    It took about an entire day. I still didn't get the hourly rate I would have like.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Steven Madden.

A few generic questioning in regards to why you chose the company, skills as a mananger, strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions
    They offered me a low rate and tried to make it sound amazing because of the commission

Account Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Steven Madden.

Good

Interview Questions

Worked for Steven Madden? Contribute to the Community!