State of Arizona

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Statewide Accountant I Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in November 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews than offered formal job

Interview Question – Strengths/ weakness. Difference between cash and accrual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.

Interview Question – How soon will you be available for the position?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process is slow in some cases. Average hiring time frame can be from 3 - 6 months.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are hired at the specified salary.

PSE III Interview

PSE III
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in March 2010.

Interview Details I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

PSE I Interview

I applied online and interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Question – STAR type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Program Manager Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2009.

Interview Details Took forever to get an interview. Expect 6 to 8 weeks for the first call. Usually group interviews. Interviewees are usually asked about specific experience related to the job opening. Often people you will be working with will sit in on the interview to see how they like you.

Interview Question – You will not get any oddball question for the most part because they adhere to federal regulations pretty closely. Be prepared to explain why you left your lest position though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an amount and was given that amount. You will not be getting any raises ever, so ask for more than you think is fair. You will have that same salary during your tenure unless you change jobs so BID HIGH. You cannot bargain for perks. Other than how close your parking spot is to the door or where your cubicle is located, there are no perks, If you need a particular working schedule to care for children or go to school, ask for that upfront. You will most likely be accommodated.

Public Service Evulator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview Details feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

Negotiation Details – 25000 take it or leave it

Disability Examiner Interview

Disability Examiner
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State of Arizona in May 2009.

Interview Details Panel of 3 in an anonymous little gov't room. Not too intimidating, questions were reasonable. Lasted maybe 45 minutes.

Interview Question – None were that difficult that I recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's the government, there was no negotiation

DES Information Security Consultant Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at State of Arizona in August 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed with CISO for DES--Dept of Econonic Security for contract position, possibly later hire (but not part of the process today). One hour. Looking for God and Apple Pie. Pay is good for market--but what they are asking for is a lot--excessively so even in today's market where this seems to be the normal. The environment there is not pleasant--dark and dreary and run down.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly hard or unexpected--expect to be thoroughly interviewed, and go through the slow process whether or not they already have someone in mind. Go by the book and bureacracy is the motto here.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for State of Arizona? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State of Arizona interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews are posted anonymously by State of Arizona employees and interview candidates.